F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > P3 gauge v.i.d.i. vs boost analog
ARMA SPEED

11-28-2015, 10:55 PM   #1
Jonsiu
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, F30 335i

P3 gauge v.i.d.i. vs boost analog

Hey everyone I am about to purchase a p3 boost gauge but I have no idea what the difference is between the two option stated on the website. One is v.i.d.i. and the other is boost/analog, significant price difference between the two.

I tried searching found nothing if anyone can help me out that be much appreciated!
Attached Images

Last edited by Jonsiu; 11-28-2015 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 12:06 AM   #2
greekcs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

P3 BOOST GAUGE
Boost and Vacuum with integrated 45psi sensor.
Battery Voltage readings with quick-look and sleep-check.
Optional Auto-Dim or Manual Dimmer
Includes Digital Display, AuxBox w/Sensor, Vac Tubing, Wiring, Wire-taps, Zip-Ties
P3 V.I.D.I.
Boost and Vacuum from OBD2 port
Plug and Play install - just plug into your obd2 port and install into dash!
Optional analog sensor for reading boost on tuned/big turbo cars.
OBD2 Data for Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, Exhaust Gas Temp, Throttle Plate, Speed, RPM with Shift-light, Battery voltage and more!
Code Read/Clear
2 x universal 0-5v linear analog inputs
Includes Digital Display, Custom OBD Wire Harness, Control Box.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 12:07 AM   #3
Jonsiu
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekcs
P3 BOOST GAUGE
Boost and Vacuum with integrated 45psi sensor.
Battery Voltage readings with quick-look and sleep-check.
Includes Digital Display, AuxBox w/Sensor, Vac Tubing, Wiring, Wire-taps, Zip-Ties
P3 V.I.D.I.
Boost and Vacuum from OBD2 port
Plug and Play install - just plug into your obd2 port and install into dash!
Optional analog sensor for reading boost on tuned/big turbo cars.
OBD2 Data for Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, Exhaust Gas Temp, Throttle Plate, Speed, RPM with Shift-light, Battery voltage and more!
Code Read/Clear
2 x universal 0-5v linear analog inputs
Includes Digital Display, Custom OBD Wire Harness, Control Box.
Yeah I saw that so does that mean the analog boost version does not have the obd2 adapter?
      11-30-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
mump
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335is/'01 986S/'13 F30

The analog one taps into the vacuum tube and has a power/ground wire; thus giving you only vacuum and battery readings.

the other one uses a OBD cable and also has a analog boost connection. I have this for my E93. I see the pluses on both of these. This one with the OBD cable gives you so many more readings but for the past 3 yrs that I have had mine, it stays on boost 99% of the time. the bad side of the OBD cable is if the car sits for awhile, the OBD goes to sleep. You have to open the cover, unplug and replug it back in to get it to work. Plus, if you use a Cobb or such, you may need that port - it is hard to get it completely unplugged and out of the way to use.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
Jonsiu
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mump
The analog one taps into the vacuum tube and has a power/ground wire; thus giving you only vacuum and battery readings.

the other one uses a OBD cable and also has a analog boost connection. I have this for my E93. I see the pluses on both of these. This one with the OBD cable gives you so many more readings but for the past 3 yrs that I have had mine, it stays on boost 99% of the time. the bad side of the OBD cable is if the car sits for awhile, the OBD goes to sleep. You have to open the cover, unplug and replug it back in to get it to work. Plus, if you use a Cobb or such, you may need that port - it is hard to get it completely unplugged and out of the way to use.
I see thanks. What vehicle may you be driving as the obd port on F30 is pretty easily accessible. I also have a concern as I am not sure which hose we tap into on the N55? I heard we have no way of tapping into vacuum besides tapping directly to intake manifold? Is it not good to let the gauge go into sleep mode when car sits idle? Since it would drain battery?