F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ACS fitted to my F31 320d XDrive today.
GetBMWParts

11-12-2014, 05:48 AM   #45
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Ade - OT but have you had your car dyno'd since the PPK?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #46
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

No not yet I'm afraid. I have thought about it and am interested but never seem to remember when I have any time.

I remember Nisfan had his done and think it wasn't too far away from me so would be interesting to go to the same place for a comparison?

Maybe I need to look into the details and pull my finger out....
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #47
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Yeah you do!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #48
Paular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Minerl Grey 435d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan View Post
Did you speak to James Wilson at Cooper Durham or someone else? To get the right answer, you have to speak to the right person
Yep, spoke to James direct, he was helpful enough but said they didn't have any experience with this type of upgrade on the F30 and as such supply and fit of ACS springs would be £950!

A grand to do a spring swap on a 3 series is just nuts.

By contrast I had a set of H&R springs swapped on a previous MY12 AUDI S3 and that was £260 all in.

Cost aside though, I would also prefer to use a dealer that had at least fitted one set of these previously.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #49
Coxey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxey View Post
Would these springs work on my F32 m sport 2.0d?
Yes, although it's a kit made specially for the coup: http://shop.ac-schnitzer.co.uk/suspe...rom-3472-p.asp
Does it affect your warranty?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #50
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

Only to the extent that BMW won't cover the ACS springs or any problems they cause, but we cover that.

http://shop.ac-schnitzer.co.uk/warra...rance-22-w.asp
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #51
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
Yeah you do!

I was hoping Nisfan would jump in and remind me where it was so I didn't have to trawl through hundreds of posts.....
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #52
Msportman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive ACS Springs St

Got mine fitted by Projexuk in Clevedon just south of Britol....ACS approved fitter.

With the ACS springs, fitment 4WD alignment £499 incl of VAT to my F31 Xdrive....very reasonable.

I will try and get some more pics up over the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #53
Mattyk
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msportman View Post
Got mine fitted by Projexuk in Clevedon just south of Britol....ACS approved fitter.

With the ACS springs, fitment 4WD alignment £499 incl of VAT to my F31 Xdrive....very reasonable.

499 all in inc springs? That sounds like a good deal

Gone
F36 435d
F30 335d
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #54
Lorcan
Rep

Quote:

That's a great deal. They are keen boys down there at Projex. I can see us doing a lot more business
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #55
Msportman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive ACS Springs St

Quote:
That's a great deal. They are keen boys down there at Projex. I can see us doing a lot more business

Yes and very proffessional.

They even gave me a loan car for the day!!

Great place for wheels if you want to change or upgrade!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #56
Lorcan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paular View Post
Yep, spoke to James direct, he was helpful enough but said they didn't have any experience with this type of upgrade on the F30 and as such supply and fit of ACS springs would be £950!
A grand to do a spring swap on a 3 series is just nuts.
Agreed. Try Keith at Revolution Performance in Gateshead. They are keen as mustard and our warranty stands whether you go to an independent or main dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #57
Trialskings
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Daddy Wagon

Quote:

Was the 4-wheel alignment done by them? I called & was informed they don't do it? Did I speak to the wrong guy?!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #58
jumperjohn
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X-Drive

Quote:

Excellent price, I would jump to have them done at that price but my 2 quotes so far have been £777 and £750

"prestige performance in Milton Keynes and was very happy with the service. Price was sub £600 all in too "

I'll ring these chaps tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 01:55 AM   #59
Paular
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Agreed. Try Keith at Revolution Performance in Gateshead. They are keen as mustard and our warranty stands whether you go to an independent or main dealer.
Used these guys before, great bunch. In fact I was one of their first customers when they set up in Gateshead riverside, bought a JAMEX lowering kit and a Piper exhaust for my MK2 ASTRA GTE....!

But ideally I want to stick with a BMW dealer to avoid any potential warranty issues down the line and protect residuals come time to chop the car back in.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 04:30 AM   #60
Lorcan
Rep

Bit of a trek for you I know but Menzies in Stirling have fitted several sets now and charge £706.10 inc VAT. Douglas Park have done a few too.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #61
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_7 View Post

I was hoping Nisfan would jump in and remind me where it was so I didn't have to trawl through hundreds of posts.....
Hi Ade

I had mine done at RGS in Wellingborough.....but I wouldn't go there if I were you. You see they are in the Wellingborough / Poddington triangle, a notoriously spooky geographical area that has a mysterious effect.....similar the Bermuda triangle. Apparently any 330d's driving in this area are mysteriously endowed with superpowers beyond what a puny 330d is capable of, or even allowed to have. For example my 330d PPK did a 101.72MPH terminal at Santa Pod (the epicentre of Poddington triangle) despite a 15-20mph head wind. This using any drag calculator suggests northwards of 300hp for a 1.6 ton car, or roughly what my dyno run suggested. If I took my car to any other 1/4 mile track outside of the Poddington triangle, relying only on natural power, I might only trap at a 335d owner pleasing 95mph. If you do go to RGS (a very fine venue to do your dyno run), please be careful as you enter the Poddington Triangle, the sudden power hike on an sDrive can only be considered HIGHLY DANGEROUS!!! Be careful out there.

Also your dyno run figures will be absolutely useless as it was done in the Triangle.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #62
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Hi Ade

I had mine done at RGS in Wellingborough.....but I wouldn't go there if I were you. You see they are in the Wellingborough / Poddington triangle, a notoriously spooky geographical area that has a mysterious effect.....similar the Bermuda triangle. Apparently any 330d's driving in this area are mysteriously endowed with superpowers beyond what a puny 330d is capable of, or even allowed to have. For example my 330d PPK did a 101.72MPH terminal at Santa Pod (the epicentre of Poddington triangle) despite a 15-20mph head wind. This using any drag calculator suggests northwards of 300hp for a 1.6 ton car, or roughly what my dyno run suggested. If I took my car to any other 1/4 mile track outside of the Poddington triangle, relying only on natural power, I might only trap at a 335d owner pleasing 95mph. If you do go to RGS (a very fine venue to do your dyno run), please be careful as you enter the Poddington Triangle, the sudden power hike on an sDrive can only be considered HIGHLY DANGEROUS!!! Be careful out there.

Also your dyno run figures will be absolutely useless as it was done in the Triangle.
Thanks Nisfan

Although that sounds lethal! I'll make sure I drive with a feather touch if I head out that way then! I don't want to reverse park into the nearest hedgerow now do I!?!

I am actually trying to have a week off next week so may try and venture up there. What sort of price is a std power run?

Ade
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #63
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_7 View Post
Thanks Nisfan

Although that sounds lethal! I'll make sure I drive with a feather touch if I head out that way then! I don't want to reverse park into the nearest hedgerow now do I!?!

I am actually trying to have a week off next week so may try and venture up there. What sort of price is a std power run?

Ade
I can't remember what I paid.....I did a deal for two sessions and at a guess it came to £90.

If you give em a call, they will run through it with you.

Tips:

Use Sport+ and manual gearbox setting.

They used 4th gear on my run, but I can't help feeling 5th would be more suitable. They had to strap my rear down very very tightly, and it still suffered wheelspin. Distorting the tyres is not good for power, neither is wheelspin.

Remember to switch off A/C. I didn't, D'Oh!!!

Get graphs for both Wheel and crank power. Wheel is obviously the true measure.

Looking forward to seeing your results.

Hopefully Tengocity will accompany you.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #64
robwils
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP

Quote:
Revolution are not too far from me and used them before for 4 wheel alignment on my scoob. Think I'll get a price for springs there too.
      11-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #65
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I can't remember what I paid.....I did a deal for two sessions and at a guess it came to £90.

If you give em a call, they will run through it with you.

Tips:

Use Sport+ and manual gearbox setting.

They used 4th gear on my run, but I can't help feeling 5th would be more suitable. They had to strap my rear down very very tightly, and it still suffered wheelspin. Distorting the tyres is not good for power, neither is wheelspin.

Remember to switch off A/C. I didn't, D'Oh!!!

Get graphs for both Wheel and crank power. Wheel is obviously the true measure.

Looking forward to seeing your results.

Hopefully Tengocity will accompany you.
Interesting you say sport+ I would have though traction off would be the ideal, but I guess if your suffering wheelspin already that it'll just hinder things anyway.

I'll definitely try and check it out as I've been curious what it's running. When you start getting used to the power the no nonsense way it accelerates can fool you into thinking it's not that quick anymore.......
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 05:05 AM   #66
Paular
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Bit of a trek for you I know but Menzies in Stirling have fitted several sets now and charge £706.10 inc VAT. Douglas Park have done a few too.
Cheers.
Its a 3 hour run but will bear that in mind when I get round to it.

Need some new coilovers for the MK2 Golf too so Q1 next year looks like it will be an expensive time.
Appreciate 0