F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N20 Stage 1 Tune Ordered! Any Tips?
Studio RSR

02-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #45
Sherhart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Vert & 2015 RR Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
If you disconnect the battery you will not have any problems, I disconnected mine when I installed BMS stage 1 and everything worked just fine when I plugged it back in, only thing you need to reset is the clock.
The radio and everything else still worked no codes needed.
I had a few other settings randomly reset. More annoying than anything else. I agree with most that the battery is a liability issue and will probably not do it for future installs/removals. I also think that disconnecting the battery likely logs something that could start to look suspicious to the service techs.

Jimbo
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #46
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherhart View Post
I had a few other settings randomly reset. More annoying than anything else. I agree with most that the battery is a liability issue and will probably not do it for future installs/removals. I also think that disconnecting the battery likely logs something that could start to look suspicious to the service techs.

Jimbo
I disconnected it very recently and that was the only thing that I had to reset, even the home link stayed the same, its not needed if installing BMS stage 1 but then again I wouldn't risk it. As far as the dealer finding something suspicious about disconnecting the battery on a log... If that ever happens (which I doubt it would) I would just tell the dealer that I did it for safety when replacing a light bulb on my headlight...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #47
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
If you disconnect the battery you will not have any problems, I disconnected mine when I installed BMS stage 1 and everything worked just fine when I plugged it back in, only thing you need to reset is the clock.
The radio and everything else still worked no codes needed.
That makes it easy.
Appreciate 0