F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > My F30 335xi Build Log
Extreme Powerhouse

06-29-2017, 06:07 AM   #1
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

My F30 335xi Build Log

Thought I would share as its finally getting close to where I wanted it.

Just want to thank those on here who post DIYs and such. Most of what I've done is copy cat what you've done.

I've also took alot of inspiration from http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=891703.

2013 F30 335xi - Will probably miss some as its been about half a year since I been doing all this but... Worth mentioning I live in a country where used BMW (and other) parts are very accesible. 1-2 day ship time for pretty much any used parts you can think of. The more rare stuff is not so common (eg: piano black trim took some time to find...) but it does pop up from time to time. And the prices are decent, so pretty much a retrofitters paradise as far as accesibility of used fairly low cost parts go Also after my E92M3 I decided this time to get as much of it out of the way as possible as quickly as possible. I figure I'll have this car for at least 2.5 years total (0.5 down...), so might as well enjoy all the mods right from the start. Rather then a slow trickle like with my E92M3.

Mechanical Mods:

JB4 Stage 2
CP
Catted DP
Taiwan FMIC
Strut Bar
M Performance Exhaust
Taiwan made oil thermostat (love it, temp hovers around 110c. We'll see how long it takes to warm up in the winter.)
MSport Breaks (came with)
Eibach springs (came with)
MPPSK Air filter box (with the red holes) with K&N filter (bought the BMS one... too much whistle!)

Exterior Mods:

F80 Style Front Bumper
MSport Side Skirts
MSport Side Skirt Blades
Fender M logos swapped to black
F80 Style Mirror Caps
MSport Rear Bumper (came with)
M Performance Spoiler
F80 Style Kidney Grills

Interior Mods:

All the easy elements changed to LCI (eg: Window switches, glove box handle, rear air vents, etc)
F80 Steering Wheel with the F80 paddles
Piano Black Trim
MSport Foot Rest
Alum Pedals
Lighted AC Trim
B Pillar Ambient Lighting

Retrofits:

Surround View + Rear View (came with rear view retrofitted which I asked for when buying)
Lumbar Support (while I was doing this I had to order new seat controls since mine did not have the lumbar 'wheel'... So I ordered the LCI ones right off the bat...)
TPMS
LCI Led Headlights (came with)
LCI Rear Taillights (came with)
Lane Departure Retrofit (with the F10 switch, so I can turn it on and off.. the F10 switch has the lane change and lane departure buttons, nothing else. Perfect OEM setup.)
Wireless charging cradle (love it for my Samsung S7)
USA style rear view mirror w/Compass + homelink (FYI... in the EU as far as I can tell the homelink bits were not available... Ordered the compass + homelink mirror... Slowwwwwlhy pulled it apart and soldered in my garage remot as its not compatible with homelink etc... Works perfectly, looks 100% OEM...)

Fixed:

Incorrect RLS installed due to windshield replaced with one that had the RLS already attached (probably bought used). Non HUD model was installed.
Heater blower making lots of noise. Bought a used one, was worried it would be a dud. Worked out perfect!
Rear bumper "kick" sensor was poping up in the codes from time to time. Most likely damaged when previous owner put the MSport rear bumper on. Swapped with new, never seen the error pop up again.
Various coding issues. One worth mentioning was the MSport brakes were retrofitted but the DSC was not coded for them. Much better feel after coding.
Ended up swapping the front windshield as the one on there was in a bit of rough shape. No cracks or anything, but quite a few _large_ chip marks as well as the usual "sand blasted" look.
A few broken plastic bits here and there which were caused probably by the retrofit work the previous owner did.

Remaining:

Paint correction. Coming soon as I am waiting for my usual place to get some free time for me. Its not HORRIBLE, but could use a bit of work + a good proper polish.
New rims. Waiting for a good set to pop up in the proper 8.0 + 8.5 sizes. Am eyeballing a set now so maybe in a week or two she'll have new shoes.
Few small cosmetic repairs here and there.
Spacers.
LED reverse lights. The LCI ones still used old school bulbs FYI.
Am waiting to see if a set of rear door cards with the sun blinds pops up in my colors (black leather + red stitch). I dont want to tint my rears as I really dont like how the dot matrix comes out. Car has the electric rear shade stock.
Attached Images

Last edited by anom3; 06-29-2017 at 06:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 06:47 AM   #2
bmw5858
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 340i 2018

Great mods list! Can't wait to see what kind of wheel you will put on this beauty!! Any dyno logs for your mods?

Keep it up!
Appreciate 0