F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > screen trim removal?
proTUNING Freaks

01-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F30

screen trim removal?

Anyone know how to remove this little piece of black glossy plastic? I'm interested in removing it to add some silicone sealant behind it because it creeks, cracks, and rattles with heat changes. It feels very lose but I really don't want to break it
Attached Images

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Im not sure abut the actual screen trim, but start by removing the whole monitor screen. THere will be 2 T20 torx bits that are holding it on at least on the 3 series there are, not sure about your car.

And yes it does creek, even the navigation one does. Im in the process of fixing this myself.
Attached Images

02-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981
Im not sure abut the actual screen trim, but start by removing the whole monitor screen. THere will be 2 T20 torx bits that are holding it on at least on the 3 series there are, not sure about your car.

And yes it does creek, even the navigation one does. Im in the process of fixing this myself.
Hey thanks for the update. I have an f30 but this is the only clear pic I could find. Took the screen off and still could figure out how to remove it without doing any harm. Guess I'll just have to learn to live with it.

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0