F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > AU F30 Pricing
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #727
feng
New Member
Australia
0

 
Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brisbane


Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

oooo not long to go for me (excuse my excitement).

They supplied me the VIN to get insurance quotes etc and it turns out, mine's built in Munich on 11/9/15. I thought AU market was South African built? Or am I reading old information? (not that mind... just curious).

Speaking of insurance... how many of you use BMW insurance (underwritten by Allianz?). I was originally going to go with NRMA (who I've been with for a while), but they can't even get the model of the car right :|
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #728
Chuckbuster
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2014 328i Estoril Blue
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia


Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

I thought long and hard, but stuck with AAMI. I've had to use them for a claim in the past and they were great and less than half the price of BMW/Allianz. Yes, they don't guarantee genuine parts, but on the off chance I do need to claim I don't think that will bother me.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 01:11 AM   #729
feng
New Member
Australia
0

 
Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brisbane


Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckbuster View Post
I thought long and hard, but stuck with AAMI. I've had to use them for a claim in the past and they were great and less than half the price of BMW/Allianz. Yes, they don't guarantee genuine parts, but on the off chance I do need to claim I don't think that will bother me.
Yeah AAMI is cheaper. Not by an awful lot though, so I'm wondering whether I just go with BMW.

Still can't get over NRMA's responses.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 01:38 AM   #730
ontheway
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: F31 MSport 328i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia


Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feng View Post
oooo not long to go for me (excuse my excitement).

They supplied me the VIN to get insurance quotes etc and it turns out, mine's built in Munich on 11/9/15. I thought AU market was South African built? Or am I reading old information? (not that mind... just curious).

Speaking of insurance... how many of you use BMW insurance (underwritten by Allianz?). I was originally going to go with NRMA (who I've been with for a while), but they can't even get the model of the car right :|
The F31 is built in Munich - it is a long wait!

I went with NRMA mainly for choice of repairer - cost difference was surprisingly only a couple of hundred dollars. I used to have 6 policies (now 1) with NRMA but their price hikes just got unbearable.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #731
feng
New Member
Australia
0

 
Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brisbane


Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
The F31 is built in Munich - it is a long wait!

I went with NRMA mainly for choice of repairer - cost difference was surprisingly only a couple of hundred dollars. I used to have 6 policies (now 1) with NRMA but their price hikes just got unbearable.
Ah right.. didn't know that. Luckily mine was already on a boat!

Yeah BMW insurance was only $100 more per year compared with NRMA. Can always change it next year.

Who did you change to?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #732
pmunger
Enlisted Member
Australia
0

 
Drives: 335i F30 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

I would also look at GIO Platinum - lots of nice features like Lifetime new car replacement.

As tedious as it is you really need to read the PDS of each when comparing - Example - what does Choice of repairer mean (who's choice is it)?

I had a experience when I chose a repairer, but insurance company said they were too expensive and I couldn't use them. Ended up getting a cash settlement on the amount that their repairer had quoted them.
__________________
335i M Sport | Mineral Grey | HUD | Sunroof | Comfort Access.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #733
feng
New Member
Australia
0

 
Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brisbane


Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

yay i just took delivery of my F31! Love wagons!

Ended up going with BMW insurance. When I priced up the others with the same cover, they were much of a muchness in price with guaranteed oem parts and obviously choice of repairer. My dealer has a full body shop etc too so all repairs would be done at my dealer.

Thanks everyone for their input.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST