F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Another exhaust flap thread...
Studio RSR

02-22-2018, 04:52 AM   #1
Buse
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Another exhaust flap thread...

I am having a problem most people would probably to prefer to have: my exhaust flap will not stay closed. It's closed at start-up and will continue to stay closed until it warms up. Once it is warm though, it does not stay closed. Regardless of the what driving mode the car is in.

I recently installed a Remus axle back and it was working fine for the first month, but I've noticed over the past week or so that it's not closing under normal driving.

I haven't played around with it to much in Eco Pro mode, but I know it's supposed to be closed in comfort mode too unless I get on it.

I did some searching on this and couldn't find an answer. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
jtbazz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buse View Post
I am having a problem most people would probably to prefer to have: my exhaust flap will not stay closed. It's closed at start-up and will continue to stay closed until it warms up. Once it is warm though, it does not stay closed. Regardless of the what driving mode the car is in.

I recently installed a Remus axle back and it was working fine for the first month, but I've noticed over the past week or so that it's not closing under normal driving.

I haven't played around with it to much in Eco Pro mode, but I know it's supposed to be closed in comfort mode too unless I get on it.

I did some searching on this and couldn't find an answer. Any suggestions?
On my Remus there is a plug that goes into the axle back portion. That plus controls the flap from my understand. Is it possible your plug is loose that goes into the axle back? Not sure is thats it but figured I would offer some input.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 04:54 AM   #3
Buse
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbazz View Post
On my Remus there is a plug that goes into the axle back portion. That plus controls the flap from my understand. Is it possible your plug is loose that goes into the axle back? Not sure is thats it but figured I would offer some input.
I thought that might be the case too, but it's closed at start up and then opens after it's warm. So, it appears the motor (or actuator or whatever it is that moves the flap) is functional. Somehow it's being told to do the wrong thing though.

I tried unplugging and restarting the car, but it did the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
Buse
Private
Rep

No one else has any ideas?
Appreciate 0