F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > New BMW Dealer Allocation
GetBMWParts

10-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #23
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by viNz86 View Post
Always hate the run around with dealerships and sales associates. Wishing you all the best though
You shouldn't generalize..
You just haven't found the right one
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #24
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
According to my agent, BMW Canada/Germany finally provided a response that because I want a Manual RWD 428i Gran Coupe which is "unique" to the North American market and they want to produce 3 series Sedans more, they want to push my production date till Jan 2015... What is up with this? I really want to back out of purchasing a BMW now... this is BS. How can they not fulfill a customer's order in a timely fashion JUST because it's not a common order?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #25
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

they can do whatever they want, esp bmw global sales keep on hitting new highs. One lost custom order means nothing to them.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #26
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
True, they can do whatever they want... Hearing the news first thing this morning just made me want to vent lol. It's been 4 weeks already, cant imagine waiting for a vehicle delivery in Feb/March :/

I started looking at what my other potential options are, not the end of the world.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #27
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

actually, if you are maintaing your rwd order, it may be a slight advantage to you. I mean, production is in Jan and delivery would be around mid to late March and by then, it would be just in time for spring and no need to buy winter tires, at least for another 8 months thus giving you ample of time to save up.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 04:32 PM   #28
jdneutron
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Gran Coupe

Another Allocation Question

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I can't find an answer anywhere.

I'm getting ready to place an order for a 2015 435i GC xDrive. I have two dealerships that are both close in final price, but their "story" on allocation is different:
- The larger (slightly more expensive) dealership says they have an allocation going into production this week. He's quoting 5-7 weeks for delivery.
- The smaller (slightly less expensive) dealership says allocation is not a problem for this model, but won't give me a date. he's quoting 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Thoughts? Shouldn't the dealer be able to tell me when the next allocation for the car goes into production before signing?

JD
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 05:34 PM   #29
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdneutron View Post
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I can't find an answer anywhere.

I'm getting ready to place an order for a 2015 435i GC xDrive. I have two dealerships that are both close in final price, but their "story" on allocation is different:
- The larger (slightly more expensive) dealership says they have an allocation going into production this week. He's quoting 5-7 weeks for delivery.
- The smaller (slightly less expensive) dealership says allocation is not a problem for this model, but won't give me a date. he's quoting 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Thoughts? Shouldn't the dealer be able to tell me when the next allocation for the car goes into production before signing?

JD
Your location is Chicago?

Yes the dealer told me when the next allocation is prior to me placing the order. A number of dealers confirmed the same timing.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 01:56 AM   #30
jdneutron
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Your location is Chicago?

Yes the dealer told me when the next allocation is prior to me placing the order. A number of dealers confirmed the same timing.
Thanks itrocks4u, Yes, I'm in Chicago. Some dealerships will give me a date, others won't. I think I'll stick with the larger dealership that shares the date.

Again, thanks,

JD
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 07:11 AM   #31
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

again why would you want to order one now for MY2015. By the time you get it, yours is already considered as one model year old (hence depreciation already kicked in while en route to NA for delivery) as MY2016 begin production in July with new engine. Therefore, if you are doing it, then after having driven the car for about 2 months, your car would have been classified for 1 year of depreciation hit which may amount to 15% of what you paid.

This may be matter much if you are going to get a killer deal on the MY2015
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #32
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
again why would you want to order one now for MY2015. By the time you get it, yours is already considered as one model year old (hence depreciation already kicked in while en route to NA for delivery) as MY2016 begin production in July with new engine. Therefore, if you are doing it, then after having driven the car for about 2 months, your car would have been classified for 1 year of depreciation hit which may amount to 15% of what you paid.

This may be matter much if you are going to get a killer deal on the MY2015
Bobblehead, the only reason I have considered is due to low interest rate 1.9% and factory rebates and stuff. Definitely don't want to pull a car out at 3%-5% interest rate. I want a specific color combo which is not available on lot. Haven't decided on lease or finance yet. If I had cash lump some available, I wouldn't even think about it and go for MY2016! lol
Appreciate 0