F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 335i question
GetBMWParts

12-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

335i question

Two differences in configuration noticed between 328i and 335i at bmwconfig.com

when configuring the 328i, I had to include tech package and premium for enhanced bluetooth and USB.

When configuring the 335i, I didn\'t need to include tech package or premium to get enhanced Bluetooth and USB.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Crappy 2001 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
Two differences in configuration noticed between 328i and 335i at bmwconfig.com

when configuring the 328i, I had to include tech package and premium for enhanced bluetooth and USB.

When configuring the 335i, I didn\'t need to include tech package or premium to get enhanced Bluetooth and USB.

Any thoughts?
I've analyzed the differences here from pricing standpoint:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...40&postcount=1
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

first, why are you basing any pricing decision on europes website?? that website should only be used to look at the pictures... none of that ties back to the US website.

second, all manufacturers do that... the base model doesn't have simple things that the one-up model does and/or the packages are different.

you don't expect to just be a different engine right??
      12-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Gotta have bluetooth. It is mandatory up here and I bet it will be everywhere soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Crappy 2001 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
first, why are you basing any pricing decision on europes website?? that website should only be used to look at the pictures... none of that ties back to the US website.

second, all manufacturers do that... the base model doesn't have simple things that the one-up model does and/or the packages are different.

US website? US website doesn't have any prices listed (neither do European websites).

I am not pricing off of European prices. I personally was going to do a European delivery (US bound) and my analysis reflects that. If you are so inclined, you can do the comparison yourself for US prices. or subtract the ED discount.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degreeman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post

US website? US website doesn't have any prices listed (neither do European websites).

I am not pricing off of European prices. I personally was going to do a European delivery (US bound) and my analysis reflects that. If you are so inclined, you can do the comparison yourself for US prices. or subtract the ED discount.
Agree. Another thing to know also is, that they released the full price list of all options, lines, and base prices. That being said, one can certainly build their car on bmwconfig.com, take 7% off that price, and figure out what they will be paying give or take what the dealer can't offer you over invoice.
Appreciate 0