F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Unexpected Computer Reset
Studio RSR

06-26-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Unexpected Computer Reset

Last Monday I stopped at my accountants office and when I got back into the car and started it, all the settings had reverted to factory settings.........
Seat settings .
All mirror settings, including mirror dipping on the RHS.
Interior temperatures and AC including flow direction of air.
Music.
Even the TPMS had to be reset.
There are probably a few more settings that I can't remember at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
Or is it because the car has the same aversion to accountants and the ATO as I do??
      06-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
that is strange, could you restore it using your driver profile by any chance ?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #3
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Maybe it could be the 'Power Magic Pro' you installed might have caused it to trigger a reset eg. battery level might have dropped to a certain rate, the system assumed it was going to run flat from external devices & thus cut off and restarted when you started the car up again.

Just a theory but I haven't had this issue before.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ihp View Post
that is strange, could you restore it using your driver profile by any chance ?
I'm not sure how to restore with a driver profile. I'm assuming from your question that you have to save a driver profile to a USB or similar. This is something I have not done. And I am not sure if a driver profile is stored on the onboard computer and related to the particular key that is being used.

It took a little time, but I just went through each option and restored them manually.
      06-26-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
Maybe it could be the 'Power Magic Pro' you installed might have caused it to trigger a reset eg. battery level might have dropped to a certain rate, the system assumed it was going to run flat from external devices & thus cut off and restarted when you started the car up again.

Just a theory but I haven't had this issue before.
It's unlikely to be Power Magic Pro as the battery was fully charged, and I had only stopped the car for 30 minutes. No different to normal operations.

The PMP is programmed to shut down the cameras at 12.0 Volts, so there should have been plenty of battery life available to power the car's onboard systems.

Hopefully, this is a once only glitch. If it happens again, I'll have to investigate further.
      06-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #6
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
It's unlikely to be Power Magic Pro as the battery was fully charged, and I had only stopped the car for 30 minutes. No different to normal operations.

The PMP is programmed to shut down the cameras at 12.0 Volts, so there should have been plenty of battery life available to power the car's onboard systems.

Hopefully, this is a once only glitch. If it happens again, I'll have to investigate further.
Possibly a glitch then, like you mentioned.
Appreciate 0