F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Piano Black Interior Trim
GetBMWParts

02-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
AstonKarim
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback

Piano Black Interior Trim

Would anyone happen to have any piano black interior trim pictures. Was unable to find any pictures when I did a search. It appears its hard to maintain, but lets see if pictures do it justice and maybe I won't change my current configuration.

Thanks in advance!

SOLD 2013 BMW 335i M Sport Xdrive / MPPK / MPE / Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather / M Sport Brake / 19"Style 403m / M Perf Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
bosz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Ordered

check my previous posts for pics of my interior which has the piano trim. Looks much better than the brushed aluminum finish but scratches very easily, shit sticks to it very easily and gets very dusty. Difficult to maintan for sure.

Then again i never clean the interior of my car. Like not even once since I got it 6 months ago. Okay actually just one time I had a pro clean the interior and it looked goo again.

Id get the brush aluminum if I hadnt ordered the coral red seats because the colors just clash badly in my opinion. If youre getting black seats, just get the brush alum save yourself.
      02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
bosz
Captain
Rep

pics here http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=761788
      02-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
AstonKarim
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks, appreciate it. Will definitely think it over and decide what to choose.

Nice colour combination btw! I noticed you had the opti coat done, whats your overall impression of the opti coat 2.0? Does it need a lot of maintenance, I read swirls can build up on the coating, also that you need to wash your car with optimum opti rinse only, and that your can never wax/polish the car again. These few points are making me hesitant, as I dont mind waxing/polishing every few months for paint protection.

SOLD 2013 BMW 335i M Sport Xdrive / MPPK / MPE / Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather / M Sport Brake / 19"Style 403m / M Perf Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonKarim View Post
Would anyone happen to have any piano black interior trim pictures. Was unable to find any pictures when I did a search. It appears its hard to maintain, but lets see if pictures do it justice and maybe I won't change my current configuration.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I have a few pictures on my thread:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739329

It is a bit of a dust magnet and you do have to be careful what you clean it with but I don't regret ordering it. If you have kids, keep them clear. Little fingerprints can get everywhere!!
      02-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
AstonKarim
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Great pics! extremely jealous of the merino leather, not sure if individual leather is available in Canada, I should have asked....

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
bosz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonKarim View Post
Thanks, appreciate it. Will definitely think it over and decide what to choose.

Nice colour combination btw! I noticed you had the opti coat done, whats your overall impression of the opti coat 2.0? Does it need a lot of maintenance, I read swirls can build up on the coating, also that you need to wash your car with optimum opti rinse only, and that your can never wax/polish the car again. These few points are making me hesitant, as I dont mind waxing/polishing every few months for paint protection.
I highly recommend opti coat. Car gets dirty less quickly and the dirt doesnt really stick to the paint anymore. How I know this? For the first time in my life owning a car, those touchless automatic car washes ACTUALLY WORK NOW with opti-coat!! Before opti-coat, those car washes didnt do anything.

Also I read somewhere when opti-coat is fully cured, it becomes a really hard durable layer protection the paint of your car.

You can wash your car however you like but you cant wax/polish anymore. With opti coat, when you wash the car properly, it just looks like you have polished your car, so really not a big deal. I spent $250 for the opticoat incl. a professional guy who applied it on my car. Well worth it.
      02-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
AstonKarim
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Nice to know it works. I recently got a quote for $763!!!!! Need to shop around for alternatives.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
Ryan9095
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i

I personally opted for the piano black trim because I thought it looked superior with my coral red interior. I like it, however, like others have mentioned, it's very difficult to maintain. It scratches extremely easily and it's always covered with dust and fingerprints. My previous car (E92) had brushed aluminum which looked as good as the day I picked it up for the three years I drove it; it's more practical so I would opt for it if you're going with a black interior.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #10
Nikor
Israel
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Don't do it, got my piano black trim car yesterday, really regret not going for the silver one, already i have numerous scratches, really don't get why BMW went withthis kind of material or finish, its impossible to maintain.

thinking of ordering a set of silver trims and replace.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #11
btinl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 F32, '14 F25

I have piano black trim. It does scratch easily and attract dust but IMO it's the best looking trim.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #12
AstonKarim
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan9095 View Post
I personally opted for the piano black trim because I thought it looked superior with my coral red interior. I like it, however, like others have mentioned, it's very difficult to maintain. It scratches extremely easily and it's always covered with dust and fingerprints. My previous car (E92) had brushed aluminum which looked as good as the day I picked it up for the three years I drove it; it's more practical so I would opt for it if you're going with a black interior.

Good luck!
Definitely looks great with the coral red. I think it will still look fine with black leather, will defintely have a "blacked out" look though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikor View Post
Don't do it, got my piano black trim car yesterday, really regret not going for the silver one, already i have numerous scratches, really don't get why BMW went withthis kind of material or finish, its impossible to maintain.

thinking of ordering a set of silver trims and replace.
That is slightly disappointing to hear how it scratched that fast. Although I would take extra precaution, it seems impossible to keep it in pristine condition.

If you are replacing, check out M performance carbon trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btinl View Post
I have piano black trim. It does scratch easily and attract dust but IMO it's the best looking trim.
I strongly agree, it looks amazing! A lot of higher end vehicles have a similar trim (Range Rover, S Class, etc), has a very appealing look when its not scratched.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
Ryan9095
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i

[QUOTE=AstonKarim;13435647]Definitely looks great with the coral red. I think it will still look fine with black leather, will defintely have a "blacked out" look though.

I agree. I don't regret getting it despite its difficulty to maintain. I wanted a change from the aluminum and I still think it's the best looking trim option.
Appreciate 0