F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iDrive: No Signal
Extreme Powerhouse

11-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

iDrive: No Signal

Seems to be a common uncommon issue. Driving home from work last night stopped to grab something for dinner. Got back into the car and my iDrive display (NBT) was showing "No Signal" in orange on a black screen. Tried resetting the computer several times to no joy. Never done this before. Some searches here seem to indicate the NBT computer needs replacing.

Took it to the dealer today. SA said due to their volume and the upcoming holiday they won't be able to even look at the car for a couple days. They also suspect the computer needs replacing but BMWNA won't authorize it/send them the part until they diagnose it.

They hope to have it back to me by next Saturday afternoon when I get back into town. In the meantime I have a 320i as a loaner.

Car is 6 months old with 8500 miles. I was just beginning to feel confident that the car was going to be trouble free too. I'll update throughout the process.

C'mon Becker get your shit together, there is no excuse for these things to fail.

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
zimmerman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 525d M Sport E60

I've had the same issue. After three visits to my local dealer they eventually changed the control unit to the idrive screen and it seems to be ok now. All completed under warranty. It's a known fault apparently.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
boggtj01
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i Gran Coupe Xdrive

I just had this happen today but it rebooted itself and I've not seen it since. Called the dealership anyways just because I had seen this post. The service tech said not to worry too much about it at this time unless it happens again, saying it could've been because of the cold and battery voltage or something. So we will see if it happens again or not in my 328d xdrive
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep

My SA called me this morning to say my car was ready. They replaced the head unit (NBT). Nice to see they got to it earlier than expected. I'm out of town for the next few days but will update as necessary if any further issues crop up.

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #5
Maxdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdriive msport

I've had the car 5 months , did to me once
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #6
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just to clarify when this happens its not intermittent. If it resolves itself its not the same issue as what is happening here. This is a permanent failure.

Appreciate 0