F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > More States Cracking Down on "Slowpoke" Drivers Hogging the Fast Lane
ARMA SPEED

07-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #45
TooFan328i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Much needed in L.A. People have no common sense.
Agreed! Especially those priuses. What's the deal man! So many Priuses on the road, and in the left lane, and refusing to budge.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #46
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Even professional race car drivers are not immune to being enraged by self righteous idiots who self appoint themselves as the moral and traffic police.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,4636595&hl=en

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1996/Pe...abeeb8444ae6dc

I'd wish he had followed through with running the jerk off the road as he allegedly said to the trooper.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 10:06 AM   #47
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFan328i View Post
Agreed! Especially those priuses. What's the deal man! So many Priuses on the road, and in the left lane, and refusing to budge.
I don't know, maybe they have a mind set that they own the road since they contribute clear air to society.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 10:15 AM   #48
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
We need this in LA please for the love of god get those idiot Asian/Pickup drivers out of the fning damn way.
I heard 20 years ago that this was a CA law. We need it enforced here in TX, especially on 121. I think a lot of drivers want to be a "dominant" driver. Its amazing on 121 near 35 heading south that the far right lane is almost completely empty, while the left lane may have up to a mile backup.....
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #49
J3T
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
FL has a law but it seems rarely enforced. In Miami they could ticket 90% of drivers.
Tell me about it, ALL our older folks seem to think the left lane is the OLD lane sort of like an HOV lane exclusively for them. I love jersey though, they ticket you right away!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 12:17 PM   #50
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
We need this in LA please for the love of god get those idiot Asian/Pickup drivers out of the fning damn way.
I heard 20 years ago that this was a CA law. We need it enforced here in TX, especially on 121. I think a lot of drivers want to be a "dominant" driver. Its amazing on 121 near 35 heading south that the far right lane is almost completely empty, while the left lane may have up to a mile backup.....
If it is no one pays attention to it.

It is a curtsey in Taiwan when traveling. You won't ever see a pick up or small slow going truck on the fast lane or any slow car.

It is amazing how stupid drivers in the States are.
      08-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #51
bahasad
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30, E90

The only state (my home state) where drivers don't block the left lane and have some urgency in movement is Jersey. I've also found Indiana, Connecticut drivers to be fairly courteous in their highway driving manners. Seldom do I have to rage or pull a douchebag maneuver in those states.

Everywhere else is the dumps and I hate certain states (read: Michigan, Pennsylvania, Maryland) due to how big of an issue this can be.
      08-03-2016, 08:02 AM   #52
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahasad View Post
The only state (my home state) where drivers don't block the left lane and have some urgency in movement is Jersey. I've also found Indiana, Connecticut drivers to be fairly courteous in their highway driving manners. Seldom do I have to rage or pull a douchebag maneuver in those states.

Everywhere else is the dumps and I hate certain states (read: Michigan, Pennsylvania, Maryland) due to how big of an issue this can be.
I'm from PA and used to live in MI and I consider them relatively courteous states. Sadly I now work in MD and as soon as I cross that state line I want to run everyone off the road.

Am guessing maybe you were in a different area of PA? I've found rural western PA to be pleasant. Likewise in MI I drove a lot between Detroit and the UP.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:47 AM   #53
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

You have the following gem below where if a trooper wants to enforce the drive right/pass left etiquette the rules make it hard to do so:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...197834481.html

Her excuse? It was too windy to drive faster. Then get your no driving skill butt over to the slower section of I95. It amazes me the stupidity of drivers. Yeah, it's safer to camp in the left lane with drivers that could drive faster given the conditions backed up behind you. And these drivers were probably frustrated enough to pass on the right at a higher rate of speed. Yeah that creates a safe environment for the selfish driver and everyone around her.

I'm a Maryland resident and I have to say I'm really embarrassed by the driver's of this state. I took a road trip up to NYC a month ago. On the Jersey Turnpike, guess who I saw camped out in the left lane? I know it won't help but I apologize on behalf of all the idiot Maryland drivers.
Appreciate 1
bahasad327.00
      08-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #54
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

The real problem is Maryland's dumbass laws, that really need to be changed.

here is the actual law

http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland...itle-3/21-301/

§ 21-301. Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.

(a) General rule.- On every roadway that is wide enough, a vehicle shall be driven on the right half of the roadway, except:

(snip)

(b) Special rule for slow-moving traffic.- On every roadway, except while overtaking and passing another vehicle going in the same direction or when preparing for a lawful left turn, any vehicle going 10 miles an hour or more below the applicable maximum speed limit or, if any existing conditions reasonably require a speed below that of the applicable maximum, at less than the normal speed of traffic under these conditions, shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway.

The wording of this law needs to be changed to something more in line with standard driving practice, e.g. Virginia

§ 46.2-804. Special regulations applicable on highways laned for traffic.
For the purposes of this section, "traffic lines" includes any temporary traffic control devices used to emulate the lines and markings in subdivisions 6 and 7.

Whenever any roadway has been divided into clearly marked lanes for traffic, drivers of vehicles shall obey the following:

1. Any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions existing, shall be driven in the lane nearest the right edge or right curb of the highway when such lane is available for travel except when overtaking and passing another vehicle or in preparation for a left turn or where right lanes are reserved for slow-moving traffic as permitted in this section;

also

§ 46.2-842.1. Drivers to give way to certain overtaking vehicles on divided highways.
It shall be unlawful to fail to give way to overtaking traffic when driving a motor vehicle to the left and abreast of another motor vehicle on a divided highway. On audible or light signal, the driver of the overtaken vehicle shall move to the right to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass as soon as the overtaken vehicle can safely do so. A violation of this section shall not be construed as negligence per se in any civil action.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #55
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I remember when I use to car pool with a friend to work about an hour to an hour and a half each way this was the bane of our existence.

However I do remember this one time. We are in the HOV lane as usual and this freaking cunt driving by HERSELF in the HOV is going soooo slow. It's like wtf is going through your little brain to make you think it's a good idea to risk a ticket just to go slow as fuck???

Anyways this was probably one of the best days of my life since a trooper suddenly pulls up behind us... our mouths watered in anticipation... we scooted over to the right and let karma do it's thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #56
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post

Just yesterday I got stuck behind a d-bag in a Mustang in the passing lane of the Beltway, VA side. I swear he was blocking me on purpose, and I haven't a clue why someone would do that. Wasn't even driving the Bimmer, was driving my roommate's 4-cylinder Ranger with a full load on (read: quite possibly the slowest street legal vehicle I've ever driven)
He was probably looking around for people to run over

I may have posted something earlier but MD is the 3rd worst state to drive in. Below DC and then Boston is the worst.

When I first moved here my insurance went up $40/month on my old Passat. I even had it registered to a relatives house in Howard county.
Appreciate 0