F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F32 HK Settings
proTUNING Freaks

09-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
MarkHarrison
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 35i

Garage List
2014 435ix  [0.00]
F32 HK Settings

There are a few threads with preferences..

I came from an E90 with HK and a musicar sub. A very decent system, stock plus the sub. Not up to my previous Focal or Hertz systems but a lot less work and I lived with it.... I record music and have studio monitors (Blue Sky) to reference.

The F32 system is different than the E90 sonically. The F32 has a lot more bass but it is pretty muddy and not too clear without some tweaking.

The F32 mids are a bit harsher (maybe it is due to the coupe design?).

Neither car has a good tweeter system. It is not open nor airy. My words and my ears so your mileage may vary. The EQ seems to have a wide Q so you cannot surgically adjust a frequency. Really BMW? There are better solutions for a car this expensive. At least add some user EQ adjustments beyond the middle of the road settings. Rant off.....

I managed to make some adjustments to make me happy for now. The bass and the highs are close buy may need tweaking.

There was a post on the E90 site that suggested that we should dial out a lot of the EQ. That was a great tip that got me in the right direction in my 335.

I wish BMW would have separate settings for radio, sat and media inputs. My last hi-end Alpine did... Helps make the settings easier.

So, now I have the flowing settings that work for me and make a lot clearer music setting:

Treble: +1
Bass: +4

100: +4
200: -5
500: -4
1K: -4
2K: -4
5K: 0
10K +2

L7 off (I hate that thing.... it may add some life to the mix but it really confuses the imaging to my ears and messes up the EQ settings).

Fader is +3 bias towards the front.

These settings are subjective. If there is a take away, perhaps you could consider subtracting a lot of EQ as opposed to trying to boost settings.

Good luck with your settings. I do not offer these settings as "good" settings. They are offered to show that cutting is an alternative to boosting.

To each their own....
Appreciate 0