F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > RTTI
Extreme Powerhouse

06-22-2018, 06:16 AM   #1
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

RTTI

Anyone still having issues? Mine is still out - of course its enabled in iDrive :-/

Apparently they're having serious issues with RTTI Europe wide:

Thanks for your email about an issue you’re having with the RTTI feature of ConnectedDrive.

Unfortunately at the moment we’re currently experiencing technical difficulties with our RTTI service, which is impacting selected vehicles across Europe.

Please rest assured that our technical department alongside our ConnectedDrive team are actively looking into correcting this problem.
We apologise for these intermittent issues and will be back in touch shortly to provide updates on when a fix will be implemented as soon as we have further information.

In the meantime, can I recommend performing a service update to “refresh” the ConnectedDrive compatibility of your car. This is done inside your car, using your iDrive controller.

• Press ‘Menu’ button
• Click on ‘ConnectedDrive’
• Click ‘Options’ button (next to your iDrive controller)
• Scroll & select ‘Update BMW services’ click to update

Failing this can you please ensure that the “traffic flow” is enabled. This can be done using your iDrive controller:

• From iDrive main menu select “Navigation” and press “Option” button located next to controller
• You’ll enter a new menu and by scrolling down you’ll see a “Receive Traffic Info” option activate it
• Next from the “Navigation” screen, select “Map views” and then select “Additional info”
• In additional info menu you’ll find an option for “Traffic Flow”

I do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but I assure you that our technical team and digital marketing team are aware of the issue and are working on a “fix”. I hope this information is of use to you but if there’s anything else I can help you with please get back in touch.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 07:04 AM   #2
73henny
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: a lovely new G20 320dx

RTTI working okay but I haven't had a map update come to think of it for months. Not sure I've had one this year - still on 2017.
Are your maps updating or any other connected services working okay?

Gone; F30 335dx, F30 330dx, F21 LCI 125d, F48 X1 20dx, F10 520d
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
Scaleybrat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M Sport (now gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
RTTI working okay but I haven't had a map update come to think of it for months. Not sure I've had one this year - still on 2017.
No update here either. When I got south of the Queensferry Crossing last week, I suddenly found myself ploughing through fields towards the Dakota hotel.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
Techno 9000
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435D Estoril Blue

RTTI

Same lack of RTTI on certain roads around here (East Sussex). Obvious ones are all of the A22, westbound of the A27 only and others.
Been the same way for weeks (months?) now.
Spoke to BMW Customer Services about it after a few weeks, and after a bit it was admitted there was an issue.

Will be getting back on to them for an extension to the paid subscription next as the lack of service on these roads is not helping my journeys.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 04:09 PM   #5
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
Yeah - thanks, connected drive all good. It's on their end :-/

Good for you you're not hit ... yet? Hope not, I paid for this since the three year expiry. The irony being I don't actually think it had expired just hit this fault. Then I paid for an extension which doesn't exist. Software huh? ;-)

Like the way they responded with my request for the refund with a standard blurb.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:40 AM   #6
Flyboy-fil
Private
Rep
Drives: 520d B47

Same here, RTTI misses certain roads, the M25 anticlockwise being one of them which is my journey to work. Was told by BMW it would be fixed by end of June....not looking that way anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 01:49 PM   #7
hudson012003
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport Tanzanite blue

Mine is working perfectly, to good in fact! Had to go to Bath late yesterday to pick daughter up - all good & no M-Way issues so no warnings = hotel was sh@t mine you

Today, well it was lit up like a Christmas tree when we got in the car in Bath early afternoon. Kept asking to bring us off the M5 but I ignored (few minutes saving at best). Then M42 / toll road warning on radio & it again tried to divert us - I ignored. Up unto actual Toll M-Way it was a complete fooking nightmare

The M6 was actually ok as a lot of the cameras had signs up saying 'not in use' but the simpletons who inhabit the middle & outside lanes continually didn't see & yes, set the cruise at 50mph:

Then it wanted to bring us off at Holmes Chapel (junc earlier) but I ignored & then BOOM! Stopped & not moving, for a very long time = SWMBO not very happy at that decision = I'm 'win some lose some', but not washing. Hence why I've walked out of the house onto the village to chill (on my own..!). Fooking BMW & it's know it all RTTI...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 02:17 PM   #8
NanasBack
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: EB 335 oil burner

My E90 sat nav is now showing a long section of roadworks along the A5 route I use daily.
There are no roadworks and I haven't renewed the subscription on this for at least 3 years ....
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #9
Techno 9000
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435D Estoril Blue

Have noticed the missing roads (A22 & A27 mentioned above) have come back to life, showing RTTI at long last.

Seemingly been missing for six months.....
Appreciate 0