F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Atlanta Motorsports Park – Santa Run - November 29-30
ARMA SPEED

11-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Atlanta Motorsports Park – Santa Run - November 29-30

I might be doing the Nov. 30th track day at Atlanta Motorsports Park. It is a charity event and offers different groups based on track experience. I plan on joining the C Group.

Here's more information: http://www.itrackms.com/events/hdpe/...ovember-29-30/

and here's the Facebook event link, which has more info on the groups and schedule: https://www.facebook.com/events/861156607227695/

Any others interested?

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
f30luxline
e92 - 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: thisonetimeatbandcamp

I've never tracked a car before but have always been interested. Been thinking about it since my son and I went there for the racing karts, that was a blast!

I would need better brakes before trying and not sure when this upgrade is in the budget I would also need a helmet.

Do the classes range in sequence for experience? A = pro, D = newb? If you go I may tag along as a spectator if that is allowed. I think I remember seeing signs when there for the karts that stated NO SPECTATORS.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30luxline View Post
I've never tracked a car before but have always been interested. Been thinking about it since my son and I went there for the racing karts, that was a blast!

I would need better brakes before trying and not sure when this upgrade is in the budget I would also need a helmet.

Do the classes range in sequence for experience? A = pro, D = newb? If you go I may tag along as a spectator if that is allowed. I think I remember seeing signs when there for the karts that stated NO SPECTATORS.
I tracked my previous cars a couple of times in the past, but never my F30 and never on that specific track. My favorite was my 2007 Z4 M Coupe that I tracked in Dubai

A Group = Advanced (track regulars)
B Group = Intermediate/Advanced
C Group = Intermediate/Novice
D Group = Novice

I watched a couple of in-car youtube videos on that specific track and it looks beautiful though a bit unpredictable from what I've seen. I just wish if I had like an E36 M3 or other car that I didn't care much about! Still hesitant to take my F30 there.

I'm not too concerned about my brakes as I know I don't push my car to its limits to toast my brakes, I have M Sport (blue) brakes, and I have the maintenance contract (we all do)

I'm sure you can go there as spectator. I'll post here if I decide to sign-up!

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
ATLBlue
Car OCD
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 EBII F36 430d M Sport

Have been a few times to track days at AMP. Fun track, a bit too technical without being really fast. Barber Motorspartspark is better balanced. Road Atlanta is very fast and with a higher level of adrenaline... and risk if you are not mindful of the limits of your skills. Here's a short video I shot a few moth ago at a track day at AMP with my 18 year old son. Both car have been sold since then (replaced the dual duty Porsche by an F30 as DD + E46 M3 for the track) and my son traded his E36 M3 for an E46 ZHP to take friends with him to college...

http://youtu.be/-bG6GwDTfY0

I'll be around the track again in 2015 but have no more plans in 2014 and have a few things to fix on the E46 (yes, it is an SMG). It will be great to make new track buddies!