F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > Some more ASMR maintenance car wash, I’m loving making these contents :)
GetBMWParts

08-08-2022, 06:51 PM   #1
Shakmeister5000
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 30d

Some more ASMR maintenance car wash, I’m loving making these contents :)

Got my car back from an EGR recall and the car was needing a good wash. I’ve learned how to time stamp the videos for each stage during the wash. I hope yous enjoy

Appreciate 1
      09-02-2022, 08:26 AM   #2
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

LOL, I had to Google what ASMR means.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2022, 07:30 PM   #3
Shakmeister5000
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Sounds that makes you tinkle Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 04:58 AM   #4
Dravit Goose
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Neat! Is your car ceramic coated by any chance?
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2022, 08:10 AM   #5
Shakmeister5000
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravit Goose View Post
Neat! Is your car ceramic coated by any chance?
It’s not ceramic coated. I can’t remember what wax I had on then. I’ve ceramic coated it before, but I find it takes away the fun in detailing.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 07:48 AM   #6
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

How does ceramic coating take away the fun from detailing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 12:45 AM   #7
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
Both times I made a detailing video I tried to do ASMR but the neighbors did yardwork on that day so all I got was lawnmower and leaf blowers. The other time I got people chainsaw cutting a tree up the road a bit. And then I got dogs barking all the time. I had to mute it all and throw some music over it.

A LOT of work doing what you gotta do while trying to get it all on camera. Good work.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 06:22 PM   #8
Shakmeister5000
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
That’s just my opinion as you apply a ceramic coating, all you need to do is clean it, unclog the pores of the coating and apply a ceramic detailer to freshen the coating up as ceramic coating is chemical resistant as well. It’s great if you don’t have much time to go out and give your car a good clean.

When you put a wax on it, it’s fun and games, you need to be careful on what pre washes you use as high alkaline products will degrade it, the worst comes it will just strip it, finding out what brands does a good citrus and or snow foam, and waxes lasts no where near as long as a ceramic coating and get to play about with different wax and see what lasts and what gives you the best shine especially when the summer comes. I love to apply wax. Yes you get in spray form but I find the joy of being able to apply a wax and feel satisfied from the outcome and it’s all done.

From what I’ve learned about wax is that show waxes doesn’t last long, maybe 1-2 months most but gives you the best appearance. Different temperature will affect the curing time of the wax, the make up (I had tried making my own and turned out quite well which I was surprised about) etc.

That’s just me as I love cleaning cars and reapplying waxes
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2022, 06:23 PM   #9
Shakmeister5000
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpe View Post
Both times I made a detailing video I tried to do ASMR but the neighbors did yardwork on that day so all I got was lawnmower and leaf blowers. The other time I got people chainsaw cutting a tree up the road a bit. And then I got dogs barking all the time. I had to mute it all and throw some music over it.

A LOT of work doing what you gotta do while trying to get it all on camera. Good work.
There’s nothing worst though! You got a YouTube channel on it?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 07:46 AM   #10
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakmeister5000 View Post
Quote:
That's just my opinion as you apply a ceramic coating, all you need to do is clean it, unclog the pores of the coating and apply a ceramic detailer to freshen the coating up as ceramic coating is chemical resistant as well. It's great if you don't have much time to go out and give your car a good clean.

When you put a wax on it, it's fun and games, you need to be careful on what pre washes you use as high alkaline products will degrade it, the worst comes it will just strip it, finding out what brands does a good citrus and or snow foam, and waxes lasts no where near as long as a ceramic coating and get to play about with different wax and see what lasts and what gives you the best shine especially when the summer comes. I love to apply wax. Yes you get in spray form but I find the joy of being able to apply a wax and feel satisfied from the outcome and it's all done.

From what I've learned about wax is that show waxes doesn't last long, maybe 1-2 months most but gives you the best appearance. Different temperature will affect the curing time of the wax, the make up (I had tried making my own and turned out quite well which I was surprised about) etc.

That's just me as I love cleaning cars and reapplying waxes
Quote:
Quote:
That's just my opinion as you apply a ceramic coating, all you need to do is clean it, unclog the pores of the coating and apply a ceramic detailer to freshen the coating up as ceramic coating is chemical resistant as well. It's great if you don't have much time to go out and give your car a good clean.

When you put a wax on it, it's fun and games, you need to be careful on what pre washes you use as high alkaline products will degrade it, the worst comes it will just strip it, finding out what brands does a good citrus and or snow foam, and waxes lasts no where near as long as a ceramic coating and get to play about with different wax and see what lasts and what gives you the best shine especially when the summer comes. I love to apply wax. Yes you get in spray form but I find the joy of being able to apply a wax and feel satisfied from the outcome and it's all done.

From what I've learned about wax is that show waxes doesn't last long, maybe 1-2 months most but gives you the best appearance. Different temperature will affect the curing time of the wax, the make up (I had tried making my own and turned out quite well which I was surprised about) etc.

That's just me as I love cleaning cars and reapplying waxes
Makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 10:40 PM   #11
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
There’s nothing worst though! You got a YouTube channel on it?
I do. I rarely share it around, sort of a side hobby thing but here are the two I've done. Not sure when I'll get to do another.

Appreciate 1
      12-28-2022, 02:45 PM   #12
Shakmeister5000
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpe View Post
I do. I rarely share it around, sort of a side hobby thing but here are the two I've done. Not sure when I'll get to do another.

Sweet! I’ve subscribed to your channel
Appreciate 0