F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Why I love the 330d
proTUNING Freaks

03-24-2016, 07:30 AM   #177
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by simnew View Post
The perception and use of the power of a car is so relative to the person you are.
My brother just recently sold his 996 911 Turbo which was chipped to 500hp. And he has just chosen to replace it with an Audi S4 Avant which has been chipped to 400hp.
And its a lovely car, surprisingly cramped inside though, beautifully made - some fittings are just way above BMW although the style of the dash is far too fussy and the air con controls are designed for a child sitting on the floor of the car it seems... (LOL), but - he just loves to drive it in a neck snapping fashion as if he has to demonstrate the power of the car all the time. And he is 65 !! I feel sorry for him really but for some people having all that power probably makes their manhood seem bigger.....
I am 67 in May, no such attitude, but do like to boot it when the roads are clear.
      03-24-2016, 07:34 AM   #178
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
My M-car experience is rather more limited than yours but, based on the one that I've owned (an E46 M3 CS), my only observation would be that straight line performance was only one of the things that made driving and owning it such a pleasure. For example, the chassis composure and feedback made it a very rewarding car to drive briskly on undulating, twisty, roads and the steering was way better than any non-M BMW that I've experienced. Being honest it wouldn't be any quicker than my F31 335d in a lot of situations but in terms of involvement and engagement there's just no comparison.

All depends what you want from the car I suppose but if the F80 M3 is anything like the E46 it will feel special every time you drive it whereas the 335d feels efficient, functional and - well a bit boring to be honest! I genuinely hope you're delighted with the 435d GC when it arrives as it is, in isolation, an excellent car; however, if my F31 is anything to go by it will be no M3 and you may find yourself missing one or two things you currently take for granted!
You make some valid points, only time will tell IF I made a bloomer, but I think for a year anyway it will be good.
      03-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #179
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
You make some valid points, only time will tell IF I made a bloomer, but I think for a year anyway it will be good.
As I say, I really hope you're delighted with the GC when it arrives. However, I seem to see plenty of people bailing-out of diesel and heading back to petrol whereas I don't see many who've moved to diesel and say "no regrets, don't miss petrol and wouldn't go back". I'm sure there are some who feel that way but I suspect many go diesel because their sensible streak convinced them it was the right thing to do but then wish they'd followed their heart rather than their head; probably fall into that category myself if I'm honest!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #180
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
As I say, I really hope you're delighted with the GC when it arrives. However, I seem to see plenty of people bailing-out of diesel and heading back to petrol whereas I don't see many who've moved to diesel and say "no regrets, don't miss petrol and wouldn't go back". I'm sure there are some who feel that way but I suspect many go diesel because their sensible streak convinced them it was the right thing to do but then wish they'd followed their heart rather than their head; probably fall into that category myself if I'm honest!
I don't think I will be "in Diesel" from now on, but for now
      04-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #181
Drisser
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d/Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Just completed over 1000 miles to Cornwall and back.. What a fantastic car the 330d is for a long run, fast comfortable, bags of space, refined, turns a few heads.

46 mpg down and 48.2 mpg back, and that was an hour of roadworks and the rest at 80-90..

Still can't look past it for the best everyday car in the real world.. So few compromises.
      04-01-2016, 03:04 PM   #182
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
Yes.

And to answer a little more, best with SLD and ACC.
HUD £825
ACC £620
SLD £220

Is it worth £1660 ?
Nope. At least not for me.

I've had HUD before and it's execution is flawless, best out there.....but the dials work just great for me and Im trying harder not to option up things that already exist.

I can see why most people love it though as I say, it's so well done.
      04-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #183
gr4z
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
Yes.

And to answer a little more, best with SLD and ACC.
HUD £825
ACC £620
SLD £220

Is it worth £1660 ?
Nope. At least not for me.

I've had HUD before and it's execution is flawless, best out there.....but the dials work just great for me and Im trying harder not to option up things that already exist.

I can see why most people love it though as I say, it's so well done.
Thanks for that. I have ordered this anyway along with a few others on my F36 440i.

Let's hope it's as good as everyone makes out