F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW Assist Retrofit
ARMA SPEED

10-22-2016, 06:12 PM   #89
435MSport6Speed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435i M Sport 6 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
The coding/non-original parts conflicting makes me wonder if I should go with the retrofit or not, given how much extra coding and parts I've added from all my other retrofits... I do like the concept of SOS if it is needed, but really don't use any of the other web-based features
Me, too.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 09:06 AM   #90
Kdizk
Rep
Drives: 13 328i xdrive sport line

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulff3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdizk View Post
I just got my car back, doesn't seem to have lost anything except for existing bt connections. The new combox also intermittently works with myinfo and remote service.
What coding had you done?
just a couple basic things,

DVD in motion, and the safety belt chime.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #91
philipm785
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i

I had my 2012 F30 335i retrofitted on Friday. MyInfo and hands free phone both seem to work perfectly, however I lost my bluetooth audio streaming. The phone would only show a headset when pairing to the car vs. showing it as a multimedia device previously. Text messages and emails still come through fine on the Office screen.

I'm assuming it's just a feature code they need to set. Called my SA (who is excellent) and will let you know what I hear back.

Edit: although it only took one day, my SA did tell me that BMW had to directly program and activate the new box, confirming what others here have been told.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #92
Mr_Mystery
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2013

I just scheduled my service for the combox, they told it would be a 3-5 day process. :-\
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 04:17 PM   #93
Skipcam
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Convertible

My advisor said BMW is paying $2800.00 for each retrofit. Or they will give you a $200.00 Visa card if you agree to disconnect the service. Hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 04:41 PM   #94
435MSport6Speed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435i M Sport 6 Speed

Anyone else having notification issues for this or other threads?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 08:18 AM   #95
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipm785 View Post
I had my 2012 F30 335i retrofitted on Friday. MyInfo and hands free phone both seem to work perfectly, however I lost my bluetooth audio streaming. The phone would only show a headset when pairing to the car vs. showing it as a multimedia device previously. Text messages and emails still come through fine on the Office screen.

I'm assuming it's just a feature code they need to set. Called my SA (who is excellent) and will let you know what I hear back.

Edit: although it only took one day, my SA did tell me that BMW had to directly program and activate the new box, confirming what others here have been told.
Assuming you had a previous contract, did it carry over or did you have to sign for a new one? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #96
philipm785
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My car is a CPO so it came with a contract through early 2018. I did not have to sign any new agreement. In fact, I think you only get the retrofit offer if you have an existing contract that goes beyond the 12/16 2G deactivation date.

Obviously I would need to pay to extend if I want to keep using the communications features beyond my current expiration date.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2016, 09:25 AM   #97
hsk1610
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:

What phone are you using? I can never get the emails to show up on my screen. I thought it had to do with the way emails are transmitted from the servers.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #98
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
My car is a CPO so it came with a contract through early 2018. I did not have to sign any new agreement. In fact, I think you only get the retrofit offer if you have an existing contract that goes beyond the 12/16 2G deactivation date.

Obviously I would need to pay to extend if I want to keep using the communications features beyond my current expiration date.
Thanks for the response. I have a contract till Dec 18 but my SA is telling me the contract becomes void after the retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #99
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Modern Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the response. I have a contract till Dec 18 but my SA is telling me the contract becomes void after the retrofit.
That doesn't make any sense. Your SA is wrong.
      10-25-2016, 09:58 AM   #100
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
While I agree, I called BMW Assist yesterday and got the same response from the agent. So there is definitely different answers out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #101
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
While I agree, I called BMW Assist yesterday and got the same response from the agent. So there is definitely different answers out there.
There has to be more to this. BMW IS retrofitting comm box so that your current subscription remains valid. Why would they retrofit a comm box and say your subscription is cancelled?
      10-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #102
sbhagat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8 2017

Those of you who have had the retrofit completed, do you have the convenience plan? If so, are convenience plan features working in your car? Such as BMW Online, google send-to-car and remote app functions like vehicle lock/unlock/horn/light.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 10:35 PM   #103
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i S-Line/Melbourne Red

Apparently, the boxes have the be enabled by BMW before being installed and while mine sits at the parts department because it now takes like three weeks to activate them, my car old box has been disabled and I have lost all functions. This is really annoying....

Either way I will let you guys know how the process goes once it is installed.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #104
X5Blair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X535d; M2, M3, M5, 540d, AMV8V

Garage List
What's really ridiculous about this Assist issue is that even if you are willing to pay for hardware AND labor to upgrade! My car has been at the dealer for over a week, I've spoken to BMW NA repeatedly and they will not offer the equipment even though it exists. I currently own four BMWs two of which have this issue. I have an X5 and, an M5 which I paid over a hundred grand for and because of my in service date I fall 6 days short of the expiration deadline on it that would have BMW paying to swap the equipment. There is nothing different with my car and the ones manufactured six days later, I've confirmed this with service AND BMW NA, they simply won't allow those cars to have the upgrade. so they won't let me do it at all even on my own dime. This on a car that has no run flats, no spare and now no way to call help if god forbid my cell phone is not with me, out of range or out of battery. What a CROCK BMW. I've bought 15 BMWs in almost 15 years and am already planning on a new 5. They need to resolve this or I won't buy another.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 12:09 AM   #105
martinlag
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 M-Sport and F30 M-Sport

First retrofit done by my SA here in NorCal. Hardware is allegedly in, but looks like it was never activated. None of the connecteddrive functionality works and I can't pair my phone via Bluetooth either.

I was dumb and didn't test everything while still at the dealership so will be bringing it back tomorrow.

As others have reported, some of my coding was wiped out as well (amber corners are back on, tire pressure and temp gone from status screen, legal disclaimer, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #106
philipm785
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsk1610 View Post
What phone are you using? I can never get the emails to show up on my screen. I thought it had to do with the way emails are transmitted from the servers.
I've had it work fine with Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7 Edge. Both text messages and emails come through correctly.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #107
cshawkeye
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

So I had an issue on the website and it somehow said I checked the $200 Gift card and not the retrofit and now after talking to a BMW NA person they said all decisions are final and that I am SOL.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #108
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Mine is in the shop today to get updated. The SA said it would take about a day to get it done - based on comments, I'll be driving this brand new car they gave me for about a week... doesn't matter - I time this around when I have to take long trips, and don't need to put the miles on my car. anyway, so if you guys code your car, you will notice there are a lot of combox sections in there... so when they update the combox, it gives you a new phone number to your car, and the hardware ID numbers have changed... so they have to code... It's no big deal - just recode the car when it comes back from the dealer... I typically save all the modules anyway so I know what has changed when I go in and do a compare - now somebody said they would cancel your account - well that is flat out wrong... not sure who you spoke with, but here is what happens... your account is tied to a combox ID number, when that ID number is terminated due to the change, then they have to create your new account to the new ID number. there is no way to transfer. Then they will update the expire date to be the same as you had. The letter that was sent said if your plan expires before the conversion, you will be required to renew a year. They basically need justification to do the work. Contractually they have... but that is why they wanted you to "opt out" for merchandise - remember, the BMW assist isn't actually part of BMW (operated as a separate company) - so the reimbursement for merchandise is less because they have to pay for it out of pocket...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #109
der_kommissar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Midnight Blue X1 xDrive28

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawkeye View Post
So I had an issue on the website and it somehow said I checked the $200 Gift card and not the retrofit and now after talking to a BMW NA person they said all decisions are final and that I am SOL.
I was told that I selected "no longer own the car" on the website, which is crazy. I think there may be a problem with their webpage that enters the wrong choices. Luckily, they said they could reverse mine, but it took me a week of unanswered e-mails to get anyone to do it. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:12 PM   #110
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Received one of these in the mail today.

[IMG]http://d.pr/i/pMC7+[/IMG]