F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Eisenmann Exhaust + soundpipe OR Eisenmann Exhaust + Intermediate muffler?
proTUNING Freaks

06-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
chris4chelsea
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Grey MSport

Eisenmann Exhaust + soundpipe OR Eisenmann Exhaust + Intermediate muffler?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is any performance improvement for adding the soundpipe or the intermediate muffler?

Or is it just the sound that will be different?

tks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #2
Adceleratus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i M Sport Estoril Blue II

I have the Eisenmann Exhaust with mid-pipes. I haven't dyno'd my car yet so I couldn't tell you for sure about gains; however, I installed a downpipe (ER) along with the Eisenmann exhaust all at once (since I have N26) and noticed huge difference in power. Most of it probably came from the downpipe of course but it was enough to convince me that some came from the cat-back. That being said I am not to certain the overall benefits of the mid-pipe justify the price. Definitely wouldn't have bought it if I had the N20 and I am not too sure it's even worth it with the N26. The sound is awesome though. If that is also very to you and you like it notably loud then I certainly wouldn't disagree with the purchase!

Note: mid-pipes without resonators are more likely to provide gains than the option with them, though even with the resonators it is loud as hell.
Appreciate 0