F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > '12 328i Total 8 problems to bring to the dealership tomorrow.
Studio RSR

09-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
kppanic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Macan S

[Interim Update]'12 328i Total 8 problems

My first BMW. Not amused at all.

I'm bringing in the car to the dealer tomorrow morning to fix/diagnose the following problems:

1. Engine metallic bearing noise (described @ http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746811)
Pending.
They could not hear anything. When picking up the car I'm going to ask the SA to sit in with me and identify the noise.

2. Wind noise at 100+km/h (dealer once fixed whistling noise problem @ 60km/h. This is a separate issue.)
Fixed.
Sunroof was not closing properly due to misfitting rubber seal.

3. Car veers slightly to the left with the steering at dead centre.
Pending.
Dealer citing car's alignment is off. Due to current mileage it is my perogative to do an alignment. Not covered by warranty.

4. Passenger restraint fault.
Fixed.
Problem identified and fixed.

5. Unknown and random rattling noise near the dashboard/driver side trim.
Pending.
Not reproduceable.

6. B-billar improper rubber seal on the driver's side.
Fixed.

7. ASS Software upgrade and general vehicle software upgrade in general, if available.
Pending.
I had asked for ASS coding for the ability to retain ASS on/off setting. SA was aware there is a such update but has not been approved by BMW CA yet.

8. Driver seat sunk. This happened today.
Pending.
Seat was taken apart but nothing is wrong. SA did note however that the problem has been recorded. I'll have to ask the SA to sit on the seat and feel the difference.

Yeah. The driver seat base cushion is sunk, aired-out, flat, whatever the hell you want to call it.

Ironically, I do not have the steering wheel vibrating problem. My car was made in December 2011.

This is completely the opposite of ultimate Driving machine it's supposed to be.

I'll keep the thread updated, for those that can keep up with my whining.

Last edited by kppanic; 09-26-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

My car was made in december 2011 also. Not saying your wrong, but i think if i drove your car i would detect the steering wheel vibrating
      09-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Wow sorry to hear that. I be angry as well. I've had a few problems with all mine, but nothing too serious so far - knock on wood - and definitely not all within a short span.

justinnum1 - your second sentence directly contradicts your first!
      09-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Wow sorry to hear that. I be angry as well. I've had a few problems with all mine, but nothing too serious so far - knock on wood - and definitely not all within a short span.

justinnum1 - your second sentence directly contradicts your first!
How so? Im basically saying that the vibration might be there, but the op just cant detect it.
      09-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
How so? Im basically saying that the vibration might be there, but the op just cant detect it.
Oh my mistake then. I read it as you were saying that you would detect it - i.e. it WAS there, and he just can't detect it.
      09-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kppanic View Post
My first BMW. Not amused at all.

Yeah. The driver seat base cushion is sunk, aired-out, flat, whatever the hell you want to call it.
Sounds like the seat base broke. Did you get a picture of this? I cant even imagine it!!!

Sorry about all your issues!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
kppanic
Private
Rep

So the dealer gave me a loaner '13 320i to drive. Comparative observation with my `12 328i in bold:

Quote:
1. Engine metallic bearing noise (described @ http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746811) - loaner had absolutely no "pinging" noise.
2. Wind noise at 100+km/h (dealer once fixed whistling noise problem @ 60km/h. This is a separate issue.) - took highway with the loaner and it also had wind noise.
3. Car veers slightly to the left with the steering at dead centre. - loaner had a dead centre steering.
4. Passenger restraint fault. - cannot confirm with loaner as this was a random occurence.
5. Unknown and random rattling noise near the dashboard/driver side trim. - no rattle with the loaner.
6. B-billar improper rubber seal on the driver's side. - loaner had clean, fitting rubber trims.
7. ASS Software upgrade and general vehicle software upgrade in general, if available. - ASS was a little less shaky and a little more smooth. Also the `13 model tells you on the dash if the ASS is disabled due to cold engine, etc.
8. Driver seat sunk. This happened today. - the loaner seat had much more cushy and comfortable seat.
More update to come.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

that sucks....I bet they finished it up on a Friday at 4:30p
      09-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
kppanic
Private
Rep

Another update. Spoke with my SA over the phone.

Quote:
1. Engine metallic bearing noise (described @ http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746811)
Pending.
They could not hear anything. When picking up the car I'm going to ask the SA to sit in with me and identify the noise.

2. Wind noise at 100+km/h (dealer once fixed whistling noise problem @ 60km/h. This is a separate issue.)
Fixed.
Sunroof was not closing properly due to misfitting rubber seal.

3. Car veers slightly to the left with the steering at dead centre.
Pending.
Dealer citing car's alignment is off. Due to current mileage it is my perogative to do an alignment. Not covered by warranty.

4. Passenger restraint fault.
Fixed.

5. Unknown and random rattling noise near the dashboard/driver side trim.
Pending.
Not reproduceable.

6. B-billar improper rubber seal on the driver's side.
Fixed.

7. ASS Software upgrade and general vehicle software upgrade in general, if available.
Pending.
I had asked for ASS coding for the ability to retain ASS on/off setting. SA was aware there is a such update but has not been approved by BMW CA yet.

Pending.
Seat was taken apart but nothing is wrong. SA did note however that the problem has been recorded. I'll have to ask the SA to sit on the seat and feel the difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I have the rattling you area experiencing but it's on my passenger door...the plastic frame on the inside car around the window is what's rattling. I can reproduce it either at high speeds where it's more of a rattle, however turning up the AM radio....the voices in talk radio cause it to buzz loudly....with music playing the buzz is less pronounced.
Appreciate 0