F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Help! Retro-fitting Sportline Wheel with MSport Wheel
Extreme Powerhouse

02-27-2015, 01:04 AM   #1
hoclifford
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Help! Retro-fitting Sportline Wheel with MSport Wheel

Hey guys I browse the forum a lot and I've seen a few people successfully retrofit the msport wheel into sport line and luxury line vehicles.

I'm having a problem with my retro-fit and it seems that no one has had the same problem yet or at least posted about it. What I have is a 2015 328i Sportline. I have the multifunction leather steering wheel with silver trim, multifunction buttons, and lane departure and change warning meaning (vibration generator) My car is manual so it has no paddles. The issue I'm having is getting part #320307848331 (Wiring harness) to connect to part #32337849416 (Vibration generator)

The car I got this from didn't have the vibration motor so it had a different wiring harness. I got the vibration generator to fit and the harness to fit but no dice on the connector between the vibration generator and harness. None of the diagrams online are detailed enough to show how they should connect and there is no part on the parts list that I am missing. I am incredibly confused and frustrated. If anyone can help me I will paypal you a 6 pack, no joke. I'll include some pictures of the parts I'm working with.

The rest of the plugs in the harness go to the steering column plug, the multifunction buttons, and the ground. The harness my wheel came with (came off a car without LDW or LCW) Only had 3 plugs... Column plug, multifunction plug, and ground. So Im guessing that black female plug above is the plug that is supposed to go to the vibration generator. However, you can see in the image above that the only plug on the vibration generator is also female and 2 prong.... I am very confused. Someone please help me

I've pasted some links to REAL oem for reference.
My old Wheel

The wheel im trying to retrofit

Both have vibration generators, but they are different. Strangely enough the vibration motor that came with my wheel has a male plug... The one that came for the MSport wheel has a female plug... If anyone needs more info to help... Let me know. I will gladly provide it.

Last edited by hoclifford; 02-27-2015 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 11:51 PM   #2
hoclifford
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

bump.... anyone?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
Teq
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Can you please resize the pictures? I'm lost when looking at them.
Also your links aren't working.
Appreciate 0