F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Aple Spotify App now working with vehicle in motion
GetBMWParts

02-15-2018, 04:33 AM   #1
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Aple Spotify App now working with vehicle in motion

Last week whilst using TuneIn Radio App I noticed the Spotify App did not 'grey out" once I drove off.

Done a bit of testing in the meantime and can confirm the Apple Version of the App is now fully functional whilst the car is motion. The Android Version still remains greyed out and non functional.

I also observed the Connected Drive and Calendar App is now also active as well on the iPhone but not on my Samsung. The only Android App working in motion was Connected Drive itself

I tested the iOS App on an iPhone 4S 6 and 8 in both my X3 and X5 which both have NBT2 ID5 HU's.

Not sure how this enabling has happened I suspect it has something to do with the iOS Connected Drive App enabling the Spotify App or BMW remotely enabling the app via connected drive as neither car has been near a dealer since September last year.

Vehicle Apps still remain non functional whilst the Vehicle is moving which is a real shame as we found them very handy when we hired a BMW 225ex in Germany at Xmas

Would be interested to hear if any other Aussie owners have noticed this or managed to get it to work

Last edited by Bambazonke; 02-19-2018 at 03:22 AM..
Appreciate 0