F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > PARKVIEW BMW service department NIGHTMARE!!!!!
Extreme Powerhouse

08-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #23
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30inthe6ix View Post
Sounds like someone knows what they're talking about. God that first post was hilarious...

____

- OP has a case to complain regarding the service of Parkview BMW (he can decide if it's worth the time & effort)

- Parkview BMW/Quinn Automotive has zero legal action worth taking against OP.

After reading this thread, I'll happily stick to making the drive out to Endras BMW for my service needs.
Glad he mentioned the other BMW dealerships that I should avoid too
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #24
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 BMW 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
Glad he mentioned the other BMW dealerships that I should avoid too
To help contribute to a list of WORTHWHILE dealerships in the GTA I will go on record quick with my dealership experiences upon purchasing my F30 almost 8 months ago.

Endras BMW in Ajax
- This is where I bought my car. Fantastic dealership. It's no surprise that they have the highest rating for customer satisfaction for GTA dealerships on Google. The purchase experience was great, as was the one service experience that I had shortly after I bought the car. Endras also serves some of the best coffee that I've ever had in my life

10/10 recommendation

Pfaff BMW in Mississauga
- The service and staff were not quite on par with Endras, however my service experience at Pfaff was rather positive. They processed my oil change quickly and gave the car a wash as well (albeit it wasn't as good a job as I expected). The coffee they have isn't as great as the offering at Endras, and the staff wasn't as friendly either (might have been the fact that it was 8am on a Saturday) - but other than the mediocre wash job I have nothing but positive feedback for this dealership as well. The service advisors complimented my car on how well-maintained it was, saying that it was on par with the condition of their showroom vehicles, which made me happy. I would go back to Pfaff for service without a doubt. It is considerably closer to where I live right now than Endras, so unless it's a major service issue, I do plan on visiting Pfaff BMW again.

8.5/10 recommendation.
      08-27-2016, 09:28 AM   #25
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

I too had bad experience at Parkview BMW with my new 340i. They ended up scratching a couple areas in the engine bay from a simple oil change. Will never go back to this dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 09:26 AM   #26
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post
I too had bad experience at Parkview BMW with my new 340i. They ended up scratching a couple areas in the engine bay from a simple oil change. Will never go back to this dealer.
IN the engine bay?? Thats why you won't go back?? Oh man.......
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 04:22 PM   #27
overkill1125
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 440xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Let me chime in with my dilemma with Parkview. I leased a new car with them 2 weeks ago from out of province since they were the ones that offered me the best deal available for a 2016 435 coupe. I specifically asked them if they can do it and have any past experiene with out of province leases and they responsed without hesitation that they have and the whole process with go through smoothly.

At first they tell me that they are able to register the car in Quebec and transfer my existing license to the new car when I return my old lease to them. Few days from picking up my new car, I get a call and they tell me that they cannot do it will only provide me with a 10 day temporary ON license and that I'll have to register my car once I get back to Quebec. Ok no big deal but why they couldn't tell me sooner.

When I went to pick up the car, the temporary license only had 7 days left since it was register 3 days early from my pickup day. I got all the docs and left the dealer without any hassle but the problem started when I tried to register the car at the license bureau in Quebec.

They tell me that I'm missing a few docs so I contact Parkview to let them know which docs I'm missing so that they can send it to me by courier as my temporary license is expiring. They claim they have sent it on Wednesday and we are Tuesday and I still don't have the docs. I called the business manager again to inquire and see if they can track the package and he tells me no he can't. Weird since any item sent with Purolator always comes with tracking info. So I tell him the package must be lost in transit and ask if he can resend my docs and he tells no and to just wait for the package and advise him when I get it.

In the mean time, my temporary license is expired and I can't dry my new car. I already took 2 days off and will have no choice but to find other means of transportation while waiting for those lost documents.

On the lease agreement, it says that they'll cover my 3 existing lease payments but today my old lease payments went through and will have to fight with them on that issue.

All I have to say is that this has got to be the worst car lease experience I ever went through and does not worth any discount that I got.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #28
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post
Let me chime in with my dilemma with Parkview. I leased a new car with them 2 weeks ago from out of province since they were the ones that offered me the best deal available for a 2016 435 coupe. I specifically asked them if they can do it and have any past experiene with out of province leases and they responsed without hesitation that they have and the whole process with go through smoothly.

At first they tell me that they are able to register the car in Quebec and transfer my existing license to the new car when I return my old lease to them. Few days from picking up my new car, I get a call and they tell me that they cannot do it will only provide me with a 10 day temporary ON license and that I'll have to register my car once I get back to Quebec. Ok no big deal but why they couldn't tell me sooner.

When I went to pick up the car, the temporary license only had 7 days left since it was register 3 days early from my pickup day. I got all the docs and left the dealer without any hassle but the problem started when I tried to register the car at the license bureau in Quebec.

They tell me that I'm missing a few docs so I contact Parkview to let them know which docs I'm missing so that they can send it to me by courier as my temporary license is expiring. They claim they have sent it on Wednesday and we are Tuesday and I still don't have the docs. I called the business manager again to inquire and see if they can track the package and he tells me no he can't. Weird since any item sent with Purolator always comes with tracking info. So I tell him the package must be lost in transit and ask if he can resend my docs and he tells no and to just wait for the package and advise him when I get it.

In the mean time, my temporary license is expired and I can't dry my new car. I already took 2 days off and will have no choice but to find other means of transportation while waiting for those lost documents.

On the lease agreement, it says that they'll cover my 3 existing lease payments but today my old lease payments went through and will have to fight with them on that issue.

All I have to say is that this has got to be the worst car lease experience I ever went through and does not worth any discount that I got.
Sorry to hear that, but to be honest, it doesn't matter what dealer it is, they are all the same. I ran into some very minor issues, but the dealer was fantastic. The difference was that I had the car shipped (which makes the entire process easier, but may be more expensive). The dealer actually doesnt do much with the lease as most of it is done through the FS portion of the company. Congrats on the car! Enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #29
Carbon.F30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi (M-Sport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDNA View Post
Beware of Parkview BMW service department and their service manager Sandro Francavilla is HORRIBLE!!!!! I took my car to Parkview BMW for an oil change, got charged the $200+ but they did not change my oil. They insist they did so I am going to provide the pictures and facts and you decide.

- Friday took my car to Parkview BMW for an oil change. Got my car back and later noticed the oil service indicator was not reset. It still shows that I am due for an oil change. I then check the oil level and notice the oil looks pretty dirty for fresh oil. So I then took out the filter and know they definitely did not do the oil change.

- Took it back on Saturday but they had no managers in so the advisor told me I have to come back on Monday. The oil level was way past the max line on the dip stick (maybe the tech was nice enough to top off some fresh oil for me when I paid for an oil change). It was actually complete over the plastic part of the dip stick so I got them to at least drain some oil out for me. I was watching and it took the tech 5+ tries plus spraying stuff on the drain plug to get it out. Definitely should not be like this if an oil change was done the day before.

- Took it back on Monday and spoke with the service manager Sandro Francavilla. I was still being very polite because I understand shit happens and as long as the manager makes it right I am good. I showed him the pictures and his reply was "I asked the tech and he did perform an oil change. Are you aware what 0w-60 oil looks like? Is a darker colour then normal oil and the oil in your picture looks clean." YESSS I know what colour it is. I had my car for over 7 years and had cases of oil before!!! I completely lost it and you will see why when you look at the pictures. If you don't want to take responsibility at least take some effort to make up some bullshit. Don't f**king lie to my face. If this is the attitude of the service manager, I can't image the things the tech do and get away with and how many people with newer cars that does not have dipstick gets scam.

- Then spoke with the Fixed Operations Manager Frank Labidis, athought he did not admit that they did not perform the oil change which is not the right thing to do but understandable, he at least took the effort to make up some excuse on why the oil is so dirty. He agree to perform "another" oil change for me.

This is unacceptable in any dealership let alone a BMW dealership when I paid $200+ for the oil change. The most ridiculous thing is the service manager lying to my face. I honestly have no idea how he can look at the pictures of the oil filter and tell me it looks like fresh oil and keep a straight face. Can you guys/girls please help me spread this to more local car forums so people can be aware when they take their car in to Parkview BMW for service. Anyone know how I can contact Citytv to see if they are interested in this story. Here are the pictures. On the left is after the "first oil change" and the right after the real oil change.

Just to clear things up. My issue is more with the service manager Sandro Francavilla then Parkview BMW itself. I understand shit happens and would had given the tech and Parkview BMW the benefit of the doubt if the service manager would just agree to change my oil "again". I would not had made such a big deal about this. But telling me the colour of the filter and oil looks fine in the pictures is just plain lying to my face!

Wow, noted. Thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #30
three40_6ix
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 340i

I absolutely agree with Parkview being terrible for service. Had to bring my car in for service about 3 times until they actually got it right! Note, I had just purchased my F30 340i from them 3 months back.

Brought in my car about 3 weeks into ownership because of a rattle in my exhaust valve and a gear shifter malfunction screen was displayed on my iDrive screen after start-up. They had fixed the rattle in my exhaust and ordered me a new shifter which apparently had to be coded and wouldn't be done until the next day. Returned to Parkview the same day and pressured them to plug in my car for programming, since I was refused a loaner

A few days after this first service, I had noticed that my exhaust was rattling once again and also the gear shifter malfunction screen had returned. I immediately called Parkview to bring my car back for service and turns out this time, they changed my muffler for a new one and would not arrive till Friday. Friday comes along, and I receive a phone call from the service advisor and was told that they have to keep my car for a few days because they have escalated the issue to a PUMA case and had my car plugged in. About a week later, I receive a call from the service advisor telling me that they will be ordering me a new Mechatronics unit which will arrive in 7-10 business days.

Turns out, the Mechatronics unit arrived a month later, and had my car brought back into service the same week that the part had arrived. Took them 2 days to install the part and perform an oil change.

Previous:
'10 Audi Q5 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #31
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 BMW 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by _josh.340i View Post
I absolutely agree with Parkview being terrible for service. Had to bring my car in for service about 3 times until they actually got it right! Note, I had just purchased my F30 340i from them 3 months back.

Brought in my car about 3 weeks into ownership because of a rattle in my exhaust valve and a gear shifter malfunction screen was displayed on my iDrive screen after start-up. They had fixed the rattle in my exhaust and ordered me a new shifter which apparently had to be coded and wouldn't be done until the next day. Returned to Parkview the same day and pressured them to plug in my car for programming, since I was refused a loaner

A few days after this first service, I had noticed that my exhaust was rattling once again and also the gear shifter malfunction screen had returned. I immediately called Parkview to bring my car back for service and turns out this time, they changed my muffler for a new one and would not arrive till Friday. Friday comes along, and I receive a phone call from the service advisor and was told that they have to keep my car for a few days because they have escalated the issue to a PUMA case and had my car plugged in. About a week later, I receive a call from the service advisor telling me that they will be ordering me a new Mechatronics unit which will arrive in 7-10 business days.

Turns out, the Mechatronics unit arrived a month later, and had my car brought back into service the same week that the part had arrived. Took them 2 days to install the part and perform an oil change.
The part may have taken several hours I understand, but TWO days for an oil change?!?

Did they have to extract the oil from the Earth themselves?!
      09-12-2016, 02:49 PM   #32
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post

I would NEVER consider leasing a car from anyone but a local dealer. Never understood people sending out requests for quotes to a number of different dealers. Put yourself in salesmans shoes. Relationships are everything IMHO. Do you think you will be at the front of the service line in Montreal when everyone else is local? Only time I had a problem at Parkview they fixed it immediately.
Appreciate 0