F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Has my car been Un-PPKed by my service center? (Dyno charts included)
ARMA SPEED

11-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
Chris Barnes
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

I've had the same issue with my 2013 335i at Chapman in Chandler. Took the car in for some warranty work and when we got the car back it felt like a pig. I called our service advisor and asked if they removed or somehow disabled the MPPK. They told me no and that the car's adaptive learning had been reset since the battery was disconnected. They said it could take some time to remap itself based on my driving habits. To make a long story short, I made a point to beat the piss out of the car for a hundred miles or so and now it feels fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #24
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barnes View Post
I've had the same issue with my 2013 335i at Chapman in Chandler. Took the car in for some warranty work and when we got the car back it felt like a pig. I called our service advisor and asked if they removed or somehow disabled the MPPK. They told me no and that the car's adaptive learning had been reset since the battery was disconnected. They said it could take some time to remap itself based on my driving habits. To make a long story short, I made a point to beat the piss out of the car for a hundred miles or so and now it feels fine.
Thanks Chris - This is good to know for anyone with MPPK
      11-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #25
rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
unsure why your call is feeling sluggish, but it is possible you're just getting used to the crazy amount of power, lol!
That is definitely possible, but why all of a sudden just after getting the car back from the dealer... I could only think of one reason. I had been driving in sports mode for a few days before that and since getting the car back from the dealer I had initially used comfort mode.
But still I remembered how awesome comfort mode was with the PPK. That was gone. Now I think a lot of it has to do with with Chris Barnes mentions about the so called "adaptive learning".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Hi RB, your new numbers now mirror mine. I can still chirp the tires in 1st gear ( and other gears if the road is bumpy ).
You have the PPK right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barnes View Post
I used to never believe in the adaptive learning stuff. To me it was like the loch ness monster -- every one talks about it but no way to prove it.
But, I think I would like to believe that theory now. In fact, the car has actually become a bit better (jumpy in comfort mode ) over the last few days ever since I got it back from chapman bmw. These sophisticated cars with computers built into them are hard to understand
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #26
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
That is definitely possible, but why all of a sudden just after getting the car back from the dealer... I could only think of one reason. I had been driving in sports mode for a few days before that and since getting the car back from the dealer I had initially used comfort mode.
But still I remembered how awesome comfort mode was with the PPK. That was gone. Now I think a lot of it has to do with with Chris Barnes mentions about the so called "adaptive learning".

You have the PPK right?

I used to never believe in the adaptive learning stuff. To me it was like the loch ness monster -- every one talks about it but no way to prove it.
But, I think I would like to believe that theory now. In fact, the car has actually become a bit better (jumpy in comfort mode ) over the last few days ever since I got it back from chapman bmw. These sophisticated cars with computers built into them are hard to understand
Stupid question, but did the dealer reprogram your car while it was in for any recalls?

If so, that also does it....I did a track day and took my car to the dealer to change out fluids, and when I got it back, it felt....normal. But after the track day, the DME "adapted" to my clearly psychotic driving standards....adaptive learning on these cars is very real.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #27
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Quote:

You have the PPK right?
Yes yes. One of the thread has my dyno up, which was ~290 and ~320tq.
      11-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #28
rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stupid question, but did the dealer reprogram your car while it was in for any recalls?

If so, that also does it....I did a track day and took my car to the dealer to change out fluids, and when I got it back, it felt....normal. But after the track day, the DME "adapted" to my clearly psychotic driving standards....adaptive learning on these cars is very real.

The car was in for service for about 20 different rattles (the MPS did not help!!). SA did not mention any reprogramming and I just went through the notes - there was no reprogramming.

The more I am thinking about it, the more I now feel that the PPK is there.
I can hear the sound of the BOV in comfort mode very often and the car has started driving like a champ again. I can vouch that when I took the car from service that car was a very different car on that day. It is a different beast now (after 5 days).
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #29
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
The car was in for service for about 20 different rattles (the MPS did not help!!). SA did not mention any reprogramming and I just went through the notes - there was no reprogramming.

I can hear the sound of the BOV in comfort mode very often and the car has started driving like a champ again. I can vouch that when I took the car from service that car was a very different car on that day. It is a different beast now (after 5 days).
Your wastegate is that loud?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #30
rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yes...very. Can hear the whistle "easily" with all windows up. Of course, this is ever since I got the PPK six months back. I think many others have had this same observation after their PPK install.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #31
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yes...very. Can hear the whistle "easily" with all windows up. Of course, this is ever since I got the PPK six months back. I think many others have had this same observation after their PPK install.
I need the MPPK or a BMS Stage 2 ASAP. My car is just too quiet, and I'm bummed that our cars can't accept BOV's like the N54 can.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #32
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:

Yeah all of us have that-it's more pronounced from the Intake cutout hole.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #33
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

you should wait till next weekend bro i have challenge hfc DP with mppk didn't notice much improve with performance other than sound much better with hfc DP but not power wise.

will install bms as soon as i have enough time . (Q_Q )
      11-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #34
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait View Post
you should wait till next weekend bro i have challenge hfc DP with mppk didn't notice much improve with performance other than sound much better with hfc DP but not power wise.

will install bms as soon as i have enough time . (Q_Q )
I think the DP alone would only give 10-15whp so you may not notice it. Now putting JB4 on map 2 with the DP should make it quite pronounced.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #35
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Which intake do you have?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #36
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Which intake do you have?
The MPPK intake, came with the kit.

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #37
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
The MPPK intake, came with the kit.
That's what I suspected, but I just needed confirmation.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #38
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

Quote:
Love the whistle! Combined with the burble from the exhaust, the car just sounds and feels like its ready to blast off!
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #39
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

But I already want an M3 or M4! Never satisfied for long.
Appreciate 0