F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > F30 Sway bar rear bushing replacement
Studio RSR

11-23-2023, 01:25 PM   #1
joxema91
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 318d

F30 Sway bar rear bushing replacement

Hi, sorry for my english i´m from Spain.

Can anyone tell me how difficult is to replace the rear sway bar bushing in this model ?

It´s an LCI.

Is there any video or tutorial for this? There is any space to hand the tools?

Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 10:52 AM   #2
Jvac
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i rwd

Hi,
Unfortunately there is no way to change the bushing alone because it is bonded to the sway bar. Once the bushings are worn the entire sway bar is replaced. To do this requires that you lower the subframe so the bar can be maneuvered out of place. In the front, that means supporting the engine from above with an engine support brace because the motor mounts are attached to the subframe and need to be undone before it can be lowered. The rear isn't quite so bad but it is still a big job for the average diy mechanic.
Here is a great post with video going through the front sway bar job by the one and only FaRKle!
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25403083
Hope this helps!