F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW insured warranty
Studio RSR

05-04-2015, 06:18 AM   #1
deebee
Captain
Rep
Drives: Not a Bimmer :(

BMW insured warranty

Hi all, May the 4th be with you haha

Anyway, just a quick question about insured warranties, is it any cheaper to take it within your last month rather than after the warranty has run out i.e mine is 3 years old in december so is it any cheaper to do it before then than after?

It looks quite expensive but i want to do it even if its just the named component one or something

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 06:27 AM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.M.W View Post

Anyway, just a quick question about insured warranties, is it any cheaper to take it within your last month rather than after the warranty has run out i.e mine is 3 years old in december so is it any cheaper to do it before then than after?

It looks quite expensive but i want to do it even if its just the named component one or something

Thanks in advance
Not that I know of. You get offered it in the last month of the 3-year warranty, sent by letter including a PIN number, to access the cost options for your particular car.

Yearly, for what ever options you take, is cheaper than the monthly payment.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
robwils
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.M.W View Post

Thanks in advance
I guess you want continuation of cover to avoid any hassle and possible arguments , I let one lapse on a previous car and then was charged £80 for a quick inspection before they allowed cover to commence.

I actually phoned up BMW warranty place the other day asking about prices as I was looking at a used M6 , even though warranty wasn't due for over 12 months they were very helpful and gave me some figures. The excess you are prepared to take makes quite a difference to cost.

Ironically mine is due in December too.