F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > 328i Luxury Line to M Sport Conversion done!
Studio RSR

01-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #111
F30xx
Rep
Drives: F30 2015xx

Dope great job
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #112
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 15 X5, 14 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin36 View Post
Great transformation! Coulda just gotten it from the factory like that. Haha save you some troubles!
I certainly could have but it would have cost me easily $15k-$20k cdn more and would have had triple the mileage. M Sport 328's in March were also incredibly hard to find in Toronto

To be honest as I mentioned in my initial post, I didn't buy the car with the intentions of doing all this work. It just happened and has been fun!
I have a hard time believing getting a msport 328 or even 335 would cost you 15-20k more...my 14 loaded f30 335 Msport, CPO was about 36k here in the US! Should have came down here for one!! They're a dime a dozen!!

Nice work either way.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 05:45 PM   #113
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperBimmer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Great transformation! Coulda just gotten it from the factory like that. Haha save you some troubles!
I certainly could have but it would have cost me easily $15k-$20k cdn more and would have had triple the mileage. M Sport 328's in March were also incredibly hard to find in Toronto

To be honest as I mentioned in my initial post, I didn't buy the car with the intentions of doing all this work. It just happened and has been fun!
I have a hard time believing getting a msport 328 or even 335 would cost you 15-20k more...my 14 loaded f30 335 Msport, CPO was about 36k here in the US! Should have came down here for one!! They're a dime a dozen!!

Nice work either way.
Thanks for the positive feedback brother.

Do a search on BMW Canada for an M Sport 328 in The GTA. You won't find one with under 20k KM's for less than $40k Canadian and the cars that you do see with 35k+ KM's have been driven to the ground or are located outside of the city.

I bought my base car for $29k Canadian (brand new condition no word of a lie). Even with the money I've invested in the M sport conversion + the MP upgrades dont touch a used M Sport.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #114
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 15 X5, 14 335

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice work either way.
Thanks for the positive feedback brother.

Do a search on BMW Canada for an M Sport 328 in The GTA. You won't find one with under 20k KM's for less than $40k Canadian and the cars that you do see with 35k+ KM's have been driven to the ground or are located outside of the city.

I bought my base car for $29k Canadian (brand new condition no word of a lie). Even with the money I've invested in the M sport conversion + the MP upgrades dont touch a used M Sport.
Damn that's crazy!!!! Like I said though, nice work!!!
Appreciate 1
7iM3less2575.50
      01-22-2018, 09:35 PM   #115
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Damn that's crazy!!!! Like I said though, nice work!!!
Canadian prices are awful considering we're right above you guys in the US. Whereas I see people spending an extra $20k on top of a 328i to get an M3, we'd have to spend an extra $40k.
Appreciate 1
7iM3less2575.50
      03-15-2018, 12:05 AM   #116
mynewbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F33

This thread is so dangerous...I'm so close to pulling the trigger and going down the same road as you.
Appreciate 1
7iM3less2575.50
      03-15-2018, 12:24 AM   #117
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Any plans for coding SAT and getting paddle shift M-Sport Steering? Maybe upgrades to the suspension or M-Sport brakes and LSD. Did you think about getting non oem body kit but decided on oem? Maybe get a JB4 as well. It seems prices on used examples are getting cheaper by the day, probably at this point a good condition CPO can be had for even less.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 07:31 AM   #118
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Any plans for coding SAT and getting paddle shift M-Sport Steering? Maybe upgrades to the suspension or M-Sport brakes and LSD. Did you think about getting non oem body kit but decided on oem? Maybe get a JB4 as well. It seems prices on used examples are getting cheaper by the day, probably at this point a good condition CPO can be had for even less.
Hey thanks for the feedback man.

With regards to the steering wheel I installed it and it's coded with fully functioning paddles. I never considered OEM bumpers as the costs would have come up double, the aftermarket pieces are truly top notch and look + feel identical to the real deal.

Jb4 may be on the way down the road but I will likely wait until the cpo warranty expires. Same goes for suspension. The softness of the stock xdrive shocks sucks but they have naturally sagged a bit (eliminating the huge gap) so I can live with it for now.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #119
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Quote:

With regards to the steering wheel I installed it and it's coded with fully functioning paddles. I never considered OEM bumpers as the costs would have come up double, the aftermarket pieces are truly top notch and look + feel identical to the real deal.

Jb4 may be on the way down the road but I will likely wait until the cpo warranty expires. Same goes for suspension. The softness of the stock xdrive shocks sucks but they have naturally sagged a bit (eliminating the huge gap) so I can live with it for now.
Cool thanks for the update. I see you have the m performance decal on the side skirts. Saw a thread about how some people disapprove of this on a non m car. I think it's cool though sets your car apart. And even real m cars don't have this it just means you have m performance parts I don't see what the big deal is even if you don't. Were you thinking of getting the black skirts not sure if this is always on m sport cars or may be an accessory. Definitely you should get a Remus exhaust and show us how it sounds.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #120
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cool thanks for the update. I see you have the m performance decal on the side skirts. Saw a thread about how some people disapprove of this on a non m car. I think it's cool though sets your car apart. And even real m cars don't have this it just means you have m performance parts I don't see what the big deal is even if you don't. Were you thinking of getting the black skirts not sure if this is always on m sport cars or may be an accessory. Definitely you should get a Remus exhaust and show us how it sounds.
I went ahead and installed the M Performance decals on my rocker panels because I literally installed every m option on my car that comes from the factory. The only thing I'm missing is the MP suspension which I have planned over the next year and a half. I would have even done an mppsk if it had been available for the 328.

I think that thread you're referring to was more about guys putting emblem badges on stock entry cars or trying to pull their cars off as M3's, 4's etc...I wouldn't position my project at that level.

I wouldn't switch to a Remus exhaust as I installed an M Performance exhaust. The end goal of my project was to keep my car as factory "spec" as possible. I'm also trying to stay true to the 328 by retaining the single outlet exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #121
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewbmw View Post
This thread is so dangerous...I'm so close to pulling the trigger and going down the same road as you.
It's not cheap but beyond the way better looking and feeling car is the experience you get (and learnings) from disassembling and reassembling everything.

I honestly know my car inside out and appreciate the hobby much much more.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #122
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I went ahead and installed the M Performance decals on my rocker panels because I literally installed every m option on my car that comes from the factory. The only thing I'm missing is the MP suspension which I have planned over the next year and a half. I would have even done an mppsk if it had been available for the 328.

I think that thread you're referring to was more about guys putting emblem badges on stock entry cars or trying to pull their cars off as M3's, 4's etc...I wouldn't position my project at that level.

I wouldn't switch to a Remus exhaust as I installed an M Performance exhaust. The end goal of my project was to keep my car as factory "spec" as possible. I'm also trying to stay true to the 328 by retaining the single outlet exhaust.
I don't think M Performance suspension is available for xDrive?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #123
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Quote:

I don't think M Performance suspension is available for xDrive?
It's quite possible, I haven't actually looked into it yet. Dinan springs it may be...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #124
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's quite possible, I haven't actually looked into it yet. Dinan springs it may be...
I checked around, I believe it's on RWD cars only. It's something I wanted to do too, but I'm probably going to go the coilover route.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #125
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Quote:
I checked around, I believe it's on RWD cars only. It's something I wanted to do too, but I'm probably going to go the coilover route.
Yeah coilovers are the right way to do it from a performance and longevity standpoint.

My cars got 40k kms so I may just go springs only for now.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 10:16 AM   #126
Vinboyblue
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

How is the android screen holding up? did you install it yourself? I want to do this on the wife's x3
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 10:23 AM   #127
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinboyblue View Post
How is the android screen holding up? did you install it yourself? I want to do this on the wife's x3
Runs flawless, no issues after a year.

There is a real chain of challenges that people have been having over in the other technology thread (volume issues, crashing, connectivity delays). I can't say I've had any of those problems.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0