F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > How to get Enhance Bluetooth and USB on F30 without Tech Package
GetBMWParts

03-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #67
Ben_Mills
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d Sport

I do not have a combox in the boot. I have a 2012 318d Sport with I believe the basic idrive display. It has DAB, Bluetooth phone and usb ports in arm rest. I am looking at retrofitting the NBT as I would ideally like enhanced audio and like the idea of the apps and connect drive. Is there a simple way of doing this or could anyone recommend anyone local?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 04:08 AM   #68
Yepun
Registered
Rep
Drives: F32

Broken bluetooth pairing after 6NH to 6NS

I have successfully coded 6NS from the factory 6NH in my July 2014 F32. FA (VO) coding has been done for HU_ENTRY and CMB_MEDIA. For some reason, I do not have a combox in the trunk, or at least not in a visible place. Beneath a foldable cover there are two deep storage boxes but no sign of combox. I cannot check what is under the carpet material unless doing some brute force intervention.

The problem came after a successful coding: the mobile phone was not pairing anymore through Bluetooth. On both sides, in the car and in my mobile menu I deleted the previous BT connections. Re-pairing was not possible, I subsequently ended up in a time-out message.

I almost gave up and wanted to re-code factory settings but ... after a number of trials I did find a solution: the bluetooth authentication works if I type 0-1-2-3-4-5 in the car during the pairing process. As a response, the iPhone pups-up a dial page where the same code must be entered, e voila, the connection works immediately.

I think the car software has either a bug in the configuration which I ended up, or in default 6NS settings BT authentication goes in a failsafe mode which allows connection only with such a 'master code'.

The same solution did work for a second mobile, pairing with exactly with the same code.

Did anybody else experienced the same problem? Is there a parameter to change in CMB_MEDIA or HU_ENTRY which enables standard BT pairing?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 11:22 PM   #69
overkill1125
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 440xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yepun View Post
I have successfully coded 6NS from the factory 6NH in my July 2014 F32. FA (VO) coding has been done for HU_ENTRY and CMB_MEDIA. For some reason, I do not have a combox in the trunk, or at least not in a visible place. Beneath a foldable cover there are two deep storage boxes but no sign of combox. I cannot check what is under the carpet material unless doing some brute force intervention.

The problem came after a successful coding: the mobile phone was not pairing anymore through Bluetooth. On both sides, in the car and in my mobile menu I deleted the previous BT connections. Re-pairing was not possible, I subsequently ended up in a time-out message.

I almost gave up and wanted to re-code factory settings but ... after a number of trials I did find a solution: the bluetooth authentication works if I type 0-1-2-3-4-5 in the car during the pairing process. As a response, the iPhone pups-up a dial page where the same code must be entered, e voila, the connection works immediately.

I think the car software has either a bug in the configuration which I ended up, or in default 6NS settings BT authentication goes in a failsafe mode which allows connection only with such a 'master code'.

The same solution did work for a second mobile, pairing with exactly with the same code.

Did anybody else experienced the same problem? Is there a parameter to change in CMB_MEDIA or HU_ENTRY which enables standard BT pairing?
Pretty sure you have a combox. Pull cover up and towards you as if you were taking the trunk cover out of the car. You'll then be able to see your fuse box on the right and combox on left
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #70
x-cimo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2013 Sportline

Hello!

I just bought a pre owned 2013 328i Sport line with NAV. Canadian model.

I assumed that in 2013 bluetooth audio would be pretty standard. I was wrong..

Bluetooth phone work but not music audio.

This thread seems to be the solution. However, I am missing the following info:

Can I do it myself?
What wire / software do I need to buy?
Where is the port to connect to?

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 06:58 AM   #71
AweSam8
Super Spectacular Awesome Dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E70 X5M, 2014 F30 335i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Depends how you code it; I usually disable the option that writes the new option code to your VIN so when you take the car back in for service, it won't interfere with any dealer programming. You will need to have it recoded after a dealer flash but it's the safe way.

I hear that you can maintain it after dealer programming if you save the modified vehicle order to the car but no one has been able to confirm that yet.
Wait what? So if we get this coded, it resets back to default after service? Does this void warranty? I'm really considering this IF it's permanent and untraceable (warranty).
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 08:31 AM   #72
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AweSam8 View Post
Wait what? So if we get this coded, it resets back to default after service? Does this void warranty? I'm really considering this IF it's permanent and untraceable (warranty).
It should not void warranty either way. I've enabled Satellite Radio and BMW Apps for several people here and I permanently wrote the new option codes to their vehicle order and they were able to keep these options after a software update from the dealer without any implications on warranty. Extended Bluetooth should be the same.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:01 PM   #73
x-cimo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2013 Sportline

I'm curious about the warranty too..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 06:58 PM   #74
mtbnole
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Msport

how do you "permanently code" something as opposed to any other way?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 06:36 PM   #75
AweSam8
Super Spectacular Awesome Dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E70 X5M, 2014 F30 335i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AweSam8 View Post
It should not void warranty either way. I've enabled Satellite Radio and BMW Apps for several people here and I permanently wrote the new option codes to their vehicle order and they were able to keep these options after a software update from the dealer without any implications on warranty. Extended Bluetooth should be the same.
Thanks! That's really good to know! Now to find a Seattle coder!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:21 PM   #76
hugomaga
Rep
Drives: F30 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
Please email us your VIN at info@bimmer-tech.net and we will confirm if enhanced Bluetooth/USB can be activated in your car.
Hi!
I've send my vin today, i had a reply with a wrong link.

Can you help?

Thank in advance
Appreciate 0