F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 3 problems with 2012 328i...
Studio RSR

08-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
kppanic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Macan S

Unhappy 3 problems with 2012 328i...

Hello all!

I have a 2012 328i with 3600km (2250mi) clocked on it.

First of all, I had a wind noise problem -- this one was at above 60kmph (~38mph) and it was a very noticeable "whistling" noise. Brought it to the dealer and they fixed the windshield seal and the problem is gone. What I noticed around the same time was a rattling noise near the A-pillar or on the driver side door. It wasn't a "rattling" noise per se, but more of a "small metallic ball bouncing off a desk" kind of noise.

I presented both problems but they were only able to fix the windshield seal, stating that the rattling noise was unreproduceable.

Took the car back. I happened to hit the highway on my way back and at about 100kmph (60mph) I started hearing a "whirling" noise from either side of the car. I think the side mirrors are causing this. What is funny is that my previous car was half the cost of this and I swear I couldn't hear any road noise upto 160kmph (100mph) other than the tire noise.

Then I started getting the "passenger restraint fault" error. Happened twice, gone after I restarted the car, but managed to snap a pic of it on my phone the second time. I'll have to have this looked at.

Long story short,

1. Whirling noise at 100+kmph;
2. Rattling coming from either the door or the dash (if I press firmly on several points on the dash it ceases but as soon as I take off my finger it comes back on); and
3. Passenger restraint fault.

I'm planning to take the car back to the dealer to have these 3 issues sorted out soon.

I'm seeing that other people are experiencing these issues as well. Luckily I don't have the vibrating steering wheel problem.

I'll update when I get a chance to bring the car to the dealer.

Just venting, hope you guys don't mind.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

just leave the car with them and say dont call me till you have it fixed. ask for the nicest loaner they have
      08-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppanic View Post
Hello all!

I have a 2012 328i with 3600km (2250mi) clocked on it.

First of all, I had a wind noise problem -- this one was at above 60kmph (~38mph) and it was a very noticeable "whistling" noise. Brought it to the dealer and they fixed the windshield seal and the problem is gone. What I noticed around the same time was a rattling noise near the A-pillar or on the driver side door. It wasn't a "rattling" noise per se, but more of a "small metallic ball bouncing off a desk" kind of noise.

I presented both problems but they were only able to fix the windshield seal, stating that the rattling noise was unreproduceable.

Took the car back. I happened to hit the highway on my way back and at about 100kmph (60mph) I started hearing a "whirling" noise from either side of the car. I think the side mirrors are causing this. What is funny is that my previous car was half the cost of this and I swear I couldn't hear any road noise upto 160kmph (100mph) other than the tire noise.

Then I started getting the "passenger restraint fault" error. Happened twice, gone after I restarted the car, but managed to snap a pic of it on my phone the second time. I'll have to have this looked at.

Long story short,

1. Whirling noise at 100+kmph;
2. Rattling coming from either the door or the dash (if I press firmly on several points on the dash it ceases but as soon as I take off my finger it comes back on); and
3. Passenger restraint fault.

I'm planning to take the car back to the dealer to have these 3 issues sorted out soon.

I'm seeing that other people are experiencing these issues as well. Luckily I don't have the vibrating steering wheel problem.

I'll update when I get a chance to bring the car to the dealer.

Just venting, hope you guys don't mind.

Which dealership are you dealing with?

I wish you best of luck bud!