F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > ADV.1 or HRE?
Studio RSR

06-06-2017, 12:58 AM   #1
NMT12
Instagram: @n12garage
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F82, E92

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
ADV.1 or HRE?

Sup guys,

I need some help from experts to shed some light onto this problem. I've been on edge the past few days on which wheels to get. I've previously owned HRE's and ADV's both on drastically different cars (one an SUV and the other a huge family saloon). I've been searching for concrete info but i always end up with a dead end or just not enough info. Also, to anyone willing to shed some light on the whole ADV1 fiasco, it would be really helpful.

Most of what i read was ADV during 2015 and below. Whats their status now? Since most of the things i read are rumors and not backed up by credible source, what effect does that have on ADV1 as a company? Since it is confirmed that ADV is now acquired by Momo Italy, would i be making the wrong move buying a new set of ADV's? Will resale be drastically affected? I'm not looking to dig up or bring a bad name to ADV in any way, i just want to know their current dependability and quality. I drive on a road with billions of random potholes which aren't there the previous day; so as careful as i am, i still want to have dependable forged wheels.

My previous set of ADV had a bent lip from hitting a pothole at around 25MPH. But another factor could be because it was a 22inch wheel using extremely low profile tires (255/25/22 on the front tire which was bent). My HRE's had 0 problems but it could also be because it was on an SUV (265-285/35/22). Almost every search i go to, HRE's are proven to be superior and more dependable.

But here's the catch, the ADV's offered are on sale (Manufactured early 2016) and the price is 40% less than the HRE's i want. So, if you guys were me, what would you get?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
N

Last edited by NMT12; 06-06-2017 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #2
JuanMartinez
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Hi N,

My name is Juan, I am the Marketing Manager for ADV.1 Wheels. I don't want to break any forum rules so I won't get into any sort of advertising pitch. But what i'd like to say is that over the course of the past 6 months since the acquisition by MOMO, the ADV.1 Brand has taken big steps to improve quality, customer service, and delivery times. Manufacturing, assembly, and testing are all done in house at our facilities in Miami and Kansas City. We will be releasing several videos and write ups explaining the measures we're taking to improve the brand and its products. The former owner is no longer with the company and the new ownership has expressed their dedication to only putting out the best products possible. We know that there are countless rumors and true quality issues that took place in our past but we are very much looking forward to showing the world what ADV.1 is now capable of.

So to not break any rules I will not post any links to our site, but I am very easy to reach and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Moderators, please feel free to remove my post if I have violated any rules and please reach out to me with forum sponsorship information.

Thank you.

Last edited by JuanMartinez; 06-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
ahero4eternity
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw

I can't speak about ADV but HRE is local to me and I went to their open house last weekend. All I can say is I'm nothing but impressed with the company and their wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
competition
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C

RAYS/BBS > HRE > ADV1

If you're going custom, you can kiss resale value goodbye.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #5
NMT12
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahero4eternity View Post
I can't speak about ADV but HRE is local to me and I went to their open house last weekend. All I can say is I'm nothing but impressed with the company and their wheels.
Thanks for the input! I agree HRE's are amazing and i have always been impressed by their quality. Owned HRE's and ADV's before so quality wise theres absolutely no doubt why HRE is number 1. Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau_340i View Post
RAYS/BBS > HRE > ADV1

If you're going custom, you can kiss resale value goodbye.
yeah everyone suggests the wheels in that order I've pulled the trigger tho and can't say there are any regrets as of now.. Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 03:13 PM   #6
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

Fair or not, I've always considered ADVs the Ed Hardy of wheels. I guess the implication depends on your perspective, but they aren't my thing.
Appreciate 1
Sonic RR117.00
      06-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

HRE>>>>>ADV.1. I remember Jordan's fiasco with 360 forged, and then more production delays with ADV.1 Lots of questionable business practices, faking certifications etc with adv.1 (read m3post and some other forums).
      06-28-2017, 12:55 PM   #8
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nodge View Post
Fair or not, I've always considered ADVs the Ed Hardy of wheels. I guess the implication depends on your perspective, but they aren't my thing.
lmao +1
      06-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

HRE is top of the line. i wouldnt even consider ADV1. I would strongly consider looking into Klassen ID wheels, they are the same quality but a little cheaper.
      06-28-2017, 01:28 PM   #10
FeelinBlessed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i AW MPPSK/Track

Garage List
2017 BMW  [0.00]
HRE
      06-30-2017, 11:03 PM   #11
NMT12
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nodge View Post
totally agree with you here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
HRE>>>>>ADV.1. I remember Jordan's fiasco with 360 forged, and then more production delays with ADV.1 Lots of questionable business practices, faking certifications etc with adv.1 (read m3post and some other forums).
yeah ended up doing a lot of research even into their dealers. ADV1 has alot of controversy for sure, but now being under MOMO i guess they should be getting their standards up to par. Hopefully to match up with HRE in the future. I had a couple of HRE's before and they were top notch. NO question they have #1 quality. Sadly, i get bored of the design pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
HRE is top of the line. i wouldnt even consider ADV1. I would strongly consider looking into Klassen ID wheels, they are the same quality but a little cheaper.
+1 i had HRE's that took a beating (horrible roads in my country) and they were flawless. HRE's are no question the best wheels. But then again, i was faced with a dilemma when pricing came. The ADV's were on sale. Couldn't pass up the opportunity when the price was almost half of the HRE's i wanted
Appreciate 0