F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cancel your order now!
ARMA SPEED

08-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #23
Mr.t
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d (coming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple777 View Post
I'm in a similar situation, placed the order on 24th July & expected delivery is 5th September, that's 6 weeks in total if the expected date can be relied on?

Well chuffed
My delivery is two days before you
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #24
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGLL66 View Post
If anybody is putting a private plate onto their new car beware as the paperwork has to go to the DVLA for the road tax and it is taking upto 4 weeks. Also, according to the dealer they are not allowed to issue road tax on the premises anymore and it has to be applied for from the DVLA. Has anybody else come across this?
It has thrown a spanner in the works for my car - the dealer sent the paperwork off on the 19th July!!!!
TOTAL RUBBISH.
I have a private plate going on my new M5 1st september which is a Sunday, I applied on the 12th July and got it back today no problems.
I am collecting my car on Sunday and it will be taxed on that day at the dealership ( Disks on site).

PS) you should get your stuff back in a week or so.
      08-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #25
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
... on my new M5 ...
You're getting a new M5? Not sure you mentioned that before...?

Jealous, me? No, why would I be...?
      08-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Also, according to the dealer they are not allowed to issue road tax on the premises anymore and it has to be applied for from the DVLA. Has anybody else come across this?
I'd heard this was happening too but didn't think it was in effect yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #27
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
I'd heard this was happening too but didn't think it was in effect yet.
Picked my new car up on the 12th July, forgot to fill in the 7 day insurance until about 12, my car was taxed (at the dealer) for collection at 3, so yes they are still printing own tax discs.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #28
Triple777
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.t View Post
My delivery is two days before you
Sweet, when did you place the order?
      08-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #29
SGLL66
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cayenne GTS, 911 GTS & M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG335 View Post
Sounds like you transferred from another vehicle?

If you have the 'plate on retention it's straight forward, just like registering on a regular number.

I started the process to remove my plate (and put on retention) early as this is taking a long time, waiting for the dealer to do this at point of delivery would be a no go for me.
I had my plate on retention at the dealers ready to go. But the system has changed and the paperwork has to be sent to the DVLA in Swansea. That's where the hold up occurs as there is such a back log.

I agree that in the past it was a simple process, but the powers that be thought that they would improve the service for our benefit!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #30
Mr.t
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d (coming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple777 View Post
Sweet, when did you place the order?
I think it was on the 26th.. Its a company car purchase 'leaseplan'.. I have the order slip copy but can't work out exactly when the order was placed....

Wasn't too bothered about the new plate...but as luck would have it.

Only downside is I have to drive a hire car and currently I have a Citreon DS5... not a good vehicle!
      08-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #31
DasUberbadger
Private
Rep
Drives: 330D MSport+ EBII

Just had a call to say it's built already, be ready in two or three weeks. Impressively fast, might not be a 63 plate at this rate.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #32
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasUberbadger View Post
Just had a call to say it's built already, be ready in two or three weeks. Impressively fast, might not be a 63 plate at this rate.
Hang back till 1st September , I am.
      08-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #33
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Same here. Sad fact is it will make a difference to book value at time of trade in.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #34
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
Same here. Sad fact is it will make a difference to book value at time of trade in.
What a couple of weeks shuld not make any difference to a good dealership.
      08-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #35
DasUberbadger
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yep, it was a voicemail so I'll call tomorrow and get them to hold it a bit.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #36
DasUberbadger
Private
Rep

Confirmed as 63 plate, yay.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #37
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm back on for September delivery - apparently there was a restriction on the 19" 403s (ie they ran out) but I guess they fixed their supply chain issues!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #38
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Picked my new car up on the 12th July, forgot to fill in the 7 day insurance until about 12, my car was taxed (at the dealer) for collection at 3, so yes they are still printing own tax discs.
I have a new car on order for September 1st and the dealer told me today that they will no longer be able to print the tax themselves. Not sure when it comes into effect.

More info here
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...cs_leaflet.pdf

Not excited about collecting it, all 0.9l and 2 cylinders of power!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #39
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

not sure what you mean Richard.
      08-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #40
SGLL66
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I have a new car on order for September 1st and the dealer told me today that they will no longer be able to print the tax themselves. Not sure when it comes into effect.

More info here
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...cs_leaflet.pdf

I've been telling people this and most people seem to have their head in the sand and say it won't affect them. You are correct dealers are not able to tax vehicles on their premises and have to send documentation to DVLA once the car arrives in UK. If the gap between car arriving and you taking delivery is over a few weeks then no problem. Problems arise if you are putting a private plate on. Then the dealer has to send retention cert and paperwork to DVLA once car is in UK and it is taking upto 4 weeks to get taxed. I know as I have been waiting since 19th July to get my tax back for my 335d. A week earlier and I could have got it done at the dealer and local DVLA office.

No the dealer is not pulling a fast one, No your dealer even with a tax disc printer cannot issue a tax disc.

Allow plenty of time as you are now dealing with a crappy government department run by plebs with no sense of urgency. In the meantime we are left sitting around dreaming of getting our hands on our cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #41
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
I've been telling people this and most people seem to have their head in the sand and say it won't affect them. You are correct dealers are not able to tax vehicles on their premises and have to send documentation to DVLA once the car arrives in UK. If the gap between car arriving and you taking delivery is over a few weeks then no problem. Problems arise if you are putting a private plate on. Then the dealer has to send retention cert and paperwork to DVLA once car is in UK and it is taking upto 4 weeks to get taxed. I know as I have been waiting since 19th July to get my tax back for my 335d. A week earlier and I could have got it done at the dealer and local DVLA office.

No the dealer is not pulling a fast one, No your dealer even with a tax disc printer cannot issue a tax disc.

Allow plenty of time as you are now dealing with a crappy government department run by plebs with no sense of urgency. In the meantime we are left sitting around dreaming of getting our hands on our cars.
That's interesting. Shall have a word with my dealer as was putting plate straight on. Car's arriving in 10 days' time so delivery 1/9 but if that is the case, I'll get it registered on 63 plate and then do it myself afterwards.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #42
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

As I read the DVLA guidance notes they say as a reult of the changes, a new car can be driven for 14 days without displaying tax while waiting for it to arrive in the post. If it doesn't arrived within 8 days a post office will be authorised to issue a duplicate.

What am I missing? I can't see how this delays things as the dealer still does the registering, just not the printing.

I can't understand why this is a big deal for some dealers yet a non-issue for others.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #43
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

As of the 24th July NO dealership can print TAX Disks, I got this from BMW today.
      08-07-2013, 01:51 AM   #44
SGLL66
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
As of the 24th July NO dealership can print TAX Disks, I got this from BMW today.
And I told you this last week and you didnt believe it!!!
Appreciate 0