F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > North Central Fl - BMW Detailers or Body Shop Recs?
proTUNING Freaks

10-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
Sasha213
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Imperial Blue

North Central Fl - BMW Detailers or Body Shop Recs?

Hi guys,

I just bought a 435i, and I'm looking around at all the different independent shops in Jacksonville, Fl. (Or Gainesville, Fl)

I got it pre-owned 2014, and I love the car but it's clear the previous owner took poor care of it. The paint has some chips and dings, and the paint is also swirled. I knew that when I bought it, and it's how I got such a good deal, but now it's time to fix it.

The local dealer is Tom Bush BMW, but I wanted to know what other options I had. I've looked online and the first two shops that stand out are Sam's Automotive and DBMW.

I'm also looking for a good detailer, mainly for the swirling. I know I could do it myself, but I'd like to get it professionally done the first time. Is there a real difference in BMW detailing/paint vs other cars? There's a detailer I've always been to before who always did a great job. But now that I've got a BMW I just want to double check.

But honestly, even if the detailer doesn't do the greatest job, nothing is permanent, right? I can just get a better job the next time.

I figured I'd ask around here to make the best of everyone's experiences. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
Sasha213
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Imperial Blue

Also, for touch up paint (A89 Imperial Blue) should I get something from Dr. Colorchip (heard good things reading around on the forum), a touchup kit from the dealer, or one of the paint/clear coat combos from Amazon?

And if I do go with Dr. Colorchip, what all do I need to get? Just the paint, and apply it with toothpicks, or is there a kit I should also get?

Lot of questions, I know, but it's just the new car excitement. I've already put 3k miles on it since I got it. Lol.
Appreciate 0