F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Headlamps Leveling on HBA
ARMA SPEED

02-20-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Headlamps Leveling on HBA

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I guess I would just like some type of confirmation because I can't seem to find any examples about this anywhere.

I recently enabled the Anti-Dazzle High-Beam Assistant and realized the leveling seems a bit funky...
I noticed that when the steering wheel is straight and the car starts, the left headlamp moves more over left and dips a bit at a stand still and ONLY in drive. If I turn on the high-beams manually or put the vehicle in reverse, it goes back to center position. Also if I begin to drive, once I hit about 20 mph, the headlamps with center again and will be fully adaptive, but if I go to a low speed, the left headlamp with move out and dip again. I guess it just seems funky because it looks like the car headlights are aiming a lot to the left than necessary.

Here's a small clip of what I'm seeing exactly if my explanation was crappy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjUnefyB14c

Maybe I'm just not used to it since I only had the Auto High-Beams (without Anti-Glare) before... But just for reassurance, can anyone with the High-Beam Assistant (with the Active Anti-Glare) confirm that this is normal leveling? Should it be this far to the left? If so, any reason why or why not have the left headlamp move out with the Auto High-Beams without Anti-Glare? Thanks guys!
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0