F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Bulb stuck in headlight
proTUNING Freaks

05-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
Destrovi
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 320xi

Garage List
2013 BMW 320xi  [0.00]
Bulb stuck in headlight

I got a warning from my car that I had a issue with my bulb, and upon further inspection have found that my bulb (top half) is INSIDE the housing, like probably bouncing around. But the plug socket is still fasten to the bracket. How the hell......

Aside from taking apart the headlight assembly, does anyone know what I can do?

I'm thinking of taking a magnet stick or something thru the plug to grab it from the inside.

More the reason to switch out the halogens I guess... I see Depos are available now.

*UPDATE*
I was able to get it out.
In case someone gets in the same situation. Sticking your hand in from the top, and going underneath the halogen housing itself. There is a crack, I rocked the car back and forth till it got stuck in the crack, and the used my fingers to pry it out from underneath.

Last edited by Destrovi; 05-17-2019 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Additional Info
Appreciate 0