F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iPhone 7 Issues
proTUNING Freaks

11-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #1
omegalucas
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i xDrive

iPhone 7 Issues

Hey all,
I have a 2015 F30 and recently switched to an iPhone 7. While I know there are some recurring bluetooth issues, which have yet to be fixed (even with the new Apple update and the BMW software update), I have experienced a different, stranger issue. Being that the bluetooth doesn't work, I have begun to utilize my USB port to play music and make phone calls. This worked perfectly for around two days, however, now I am experiencing a false-seatbelt alarm. I get the BMW buckle-up alert on the dashboard, displayed through the HUD, and also hear the chime. This goes on indefinitely, even after unbuckling and re-buckling my seatbelt as well as the passenger side seatbelt. This only happens when there is no passenger riding with me and when I have my iPhone 7 plugged in to the USB port. The chime and alarm instantly goes away when I go to the iPhone's home screen (unlock it). I am not sure if this is a coincidence, however, every time it happens, this is how I solve it. This happens in no definite pattern - random times during a drive and at random speeds, and only with an iPhone 7, not a 6S, 6, or 5S. I am planning on taking the car to my local dealership but I wanted to check in and see if any of you had this issue as well.
Thanks!
Lucas
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #2
GarlicBread
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 ZCP

This sounds odd I have a iPhone 7 plus and have not had any of these issues. Have you tried removing the phone and re pairing?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 12:41 PM   #3
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegalucas View Post
Hey all,
I have a 2015 F30 and recently switched to an iPhone 7. While I know there are some recurring bluetooth issues, which have yet to be fixed (even with the new Apple update and the BMW software update), I have experienced a different, stranger issue. Being that the bluetooth doesn't work, I have begun to utilize my USB port to play music and make phone calls. This worked perfectly for around two days, however, now I am experiencing a false-seatbelt alarm. I get the BMW buckle-up alert on the dashboard, displayed through the HUD, and also hear the chime. This goes on indefinitely, even after unbuckling and re-buckling my seatbelt as well as the passenger side seatbelt. This only happens when there is no passenger riding with me and when I have my iPhone 7 plugged in to the USB port. The chime and alarm instantly goes away when I go to the iPhone's home screen (unlock it). I am not sure if this is a coincidence, however, every time it happens, this is how I solve it. This happens in no definite pattern - random times during a drive and at random speeds, and only with an iPhone 7, not a 6S, 6, or 5S. I am planning on taking the car to my local dealership but I wanted to check in and see if any of you had this issue as well.
Thanks!
Lucas
Don't lay the iPhone in the Passenger seat.

I've noticed for whatever reason this often sets of the seatbelt warning at random times. iPads are even worse.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #4
HotTea69
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 AW M-Sport

Another testimony,

I recently switched to the Iphone 7 and have not bumped into any problems =/.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #5
Robby29
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AP M4 / Z3 2.8

I have bluetooth issues as well since i switch to iphone 7 plus. Music drops randomly
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #6
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby29 View Post
I have bluetooth issues as well since i switch to iphone 7 plus. Music drops randomly
update to ios 7.1.1 and re-pair
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
omegalucas
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicBread View Post
This sounds odd I have a iPhone 7 plus and have not had any of these issues. Have you tried removing the phone and re pairing?
Yeah I removed it and repaired, still experiencing the bluetooth issues but the seatbelt alarm stopped after I started putting the iPhone in the cupholder instead of laying it on the seat. Thanks for everyone who helped!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #8
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegalucas View Post
Yeah I removed it and repaired, still experiencing the bluetooth issues but the seatbelt alarm stopped after I started putting the iPhone in the cupholder instead of laying it on the seat. Thanks for everyone who helped!
Told ya.

BMW Searbelt sensors are ridiculously too sensitive that something as light as a smartphone can be detect as an actual person in the seat.

A human that light wouldn't be able to live...let alone buckle a searbelt.
Appreciate 0