F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
proTUNING Freaks

06-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #8801
pej7445
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Garage List
2019 x3 m40i  [0.00]
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Shawn - I successfully coded my 2013 F30 in Dec 2014. I just had a bluetooth issue/update at the dealer that wiped some of the coding. Can I run with the previous version of software to re-code or do I need an updated version/database? If so, can you please send that to me?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #8802
pej7445
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Garage List
2019 x3 m40i  [0.00]
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pej7445 View Post
Shawn - I successfully coded my 2013 F30 in Dec 2014. I just had a bluetooth issue/update at the dealer that wiped some of the coding. Can I run with the previous version of software to re-code or do I need an updated version/database? If so, can you please send that to me?

Thanks in advance.
So I tried to fix my lost coding today, but the CAFD, FA and SVT that were loaded from the car came back with a lot of errors and I couldn't find certain items like ACSM 3000 to disable all the seat belt chimes/reminders. It's just not there. Do I need an updated version of the psdzdata file to make this work? Shoot, I would have go w/o bluetooth to keep my coding mods.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #8803
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
So I tried to fix my lost coding today, but the CAFD, FA and SVT that were loaded from the car came back with a lot of errors and I couldn't find certain items like ACSM 3000 to disable all the seat belt chimes/reminders. It's just not there. Do I need an updated version of the psdzdata file to make this work? Shoot, I would have go w/o bluetooth to keep my coding mods.
You need to update, and then recode everything,

PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 05:42 AM   #8804
Cosina22
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i GC

Hi Shawn,

It seems I can't change the car series despite changing the PC date ahead 4 days. It still shows 2 days remaining and there are no other selection in the drop down menu asides from F999. I've even tried putting the date forward even more but still no change. Any ideas? Thx!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #8805
Luizljr
Rep
Drives: M135i

Hello everyone, recently I got a BMW M135i f20 2013 with fem module defective, I got another used module, but nobody knows encode these modules, e-sys can encode this used module? Any tutorial or someone could give me an aid, and if someone could send me the software link, token and what is needed to accomplish this task, i will be very grateful, thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #8806
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosina22 View Post
Hi Shawn,

It seems I can't change the car series despite changing the PC date ahead 4 days. It still shows 2 days remaining and there are no other selection in the drop down menu asides from F999. I've even tried putting the date forward even more but still no change. Any ideas? Thx!
No. Is this the first time you have moved the date to fix Car Series or have you previously done so?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #8807
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luizljr View Post
Hello everyone, recently I got a BMW M135i f20 2013 with fem module defective, I got another used module, but nobody knows encode these modules, e-sys can encode this used module? Any tutorial or someone could give me an aid, and if someone could send me the software link, token and what is needed to accomplish this task, i will be very grateful, thanks in advance.
You can use E-Sys to Flash and Encode a replacement, new or used, ECU, although it is not exactly an easy thing to do.

PM sent.

Appreciate 1
      06-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #8808
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Hi Shawn,

I have been following this forum for a long time but this my first time posting. I want to code 2TB for my F30 328i but I'm a little confused in fact. In some tutorials, only 205 is replaced by 2TB in an xml file via E-Sys. However, I also seen in another thread people mentioning doing this:
EGS/3000 Applikation -> Sportschalter_alt -> aktiv
EGS/3000 Applikation -> Sportschalter -> aktiv
EGS/3000 Applikation -> LC -> aktiv

I know the last one is for launch control but which procedure should I follow? Or should I do the both?

Can you also please PM me if you have PSdZDATA 55.4 full?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #8809
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Hi Shawn,

I have been following this forum for a long time but this my first time posting. I want to code 2TB for my F30 328i but I'm a little confused in fact. In some tutorials, only 205 is replaced by 2TB in an xml file via E-Sys. However, I also seen in another thread people mentioning doing this:
EGS/3000 Applikation -> Sportschalter_alt -> aktiv
EGS/3000 Applikation -> Sportschalter -> aktiv
EGS/3000 Applikation -> LC -> aktiv

I know the last one is for launch control but which procedure should I follow? Or should I do the both?

Can you also please PM me if you have PSdZDATA 55.4 full?
It is either / or, but not both. You can VO Code it using Option Code 2TB, or you can FDL Code it making multiple individual parameter changes.

Why do you need Full version? Are you going to flash new firmware on ECU's?

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #8810
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
It is either / or, but not both. You can VO Code it using Option Code 2TB, or you can FDL Code it making multiple individual parameter changes.

Why do you need Full version? Are you going to flash new firmware on ECU's?
I currently have 55.4 Lite version. I was reading the steps in http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/Beginn...e%20Coding.pdf and at step 3 of the Software installation part, it says that "Copy the extra CAFD and FAFP files". Therefore, I thought that having the full version might help me avoiding this step since I would have all the necessary files. But I definitely have no intention to flash new firmware to ECU. All I want is to code couple of cool features that's it.

Thanks a lot for the help!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 12:40 PM   #8811
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
I currently have 55.4 Lite version. I was reading the steps in http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/Beginn...e%20Coding.pdf and at step 3 of the Software installation part, it says that "Copy the extra CAFD and FAFP files". Therefore, I thought that having the full version might help me avoiding this step since I would have all the necessary files. But I definitely have no intention to flash new firmware to ECU. All I want is to code couple of cool features that's it.

Thanks a lot for the help!
Full would not be a substitute for "adding the CAFD and FAFP files" described in that Guide.

Anyway, toss out everything you have and think you know, and start over.

PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #8812
Luizljr
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
You can use E-Sys to Flash and Encode a replacement, new or used, ECU, although it is not exactly an easy thing to do.

PM sent.
Would have some step by step how to proceed or could give me an aid?
Thank you for the links and for your attention. Best regards
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #8813
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luizljr View Post
Would have some step by step how to proceed or could give me an aid?
Thank you for the links and for your attention. Best regards
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #8814
moonshine
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 718 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosina22
Hi Shawn,

moving the date forward 4 days worked for me and allowed me to change the chassis type from F999 to F030.

however....,

I got a token error when i tried to read the FDL .... when I reset the date back to the correct day.

I needed to leave the system date on the laptop ahead in order to read FDL Data and code.

this avoided the token error
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 04:30 PM   #8815
Lazarini
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F07, F30

Hi All.

I have an f30 European car that came with navi professional but with crappy basic sound meaning no tweeters in the doors...

I purchased the BMW Alpine HIFI upgrade kit with 2 tweeters 2 midrange speakers and an amp plus ordered the 2 door trims that allow mounting the tweeters that cam with the set.

I had the set installed by a local car audio shop they did a very good job. Immediately i have noticed a huge improvement in the sound but had to turn down the bass and treble way low in order not to distort the sound... This is as I read due to the fact that the head unit is set a way to preamp the sound in a way to compensate the lack of tweeters on the standard setup but now when there is an amp connected this would be needed to be recoded.

The manual talks about taking it to Bmw and let them recode it through the ISTA service system but this takes time and I wanted a faster way around this so I presumed it could be done via eSYS.

So I went today to a garage near by where I know they do the coding and the guy asks me so what SA is this system as he told me he can't find it in the menu. The only thing he could select was the HI FI 676 or the HK 688 and something called m performance sound but no Alpine HIFI...

I settled for the HI FI 676 as the HK is surround sound and probably not the right choice... Result is the distorted pre amped head unit setting is now gone and I can put the treble and bass to the mid setting and play the music on a decent volume without the sound being distorted as was the case before but is this it?

Should I code this different and if so what how via eSYS?

Also after the coding will there be more settings etc?

Or is this ok and should I leave it as is?

Thx Sash
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #8816
Cosina22
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
No. Is this the first time you have moved the date to fix Car Series or have you previously done so?
Its the first time I've moved the date forward. I believe I should move the date forward 4 days before I launch the program right?

I've tried rebooting etc and still the same. BTW I'm using Windows 8.1, so not sure if the OS is creating the problem. However, I've read that it works fine for others on Windows 8.1.

Anyway, I'm going to try it on a Windows 7 laptop later tonight and see if I can get it to work.

Any further ideas on correcting this issue is appreciated. Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
moving the date forward 4 days worked for me and allowed me to change the chassis type from F999 to F030.

however....,

I got a token error when i tried to read the FDL .... when I reset the date back to the correct day.

I needed to leave the system date on the laptop ahead in order to read FDL Data and code.

I've not even gotten this far yet
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #8817
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post

however....,

This would only happen if you did not create your Token and PIN until after you moved the date forward. Because when you do that, the .EST Token generated has a validity start date 4 days into the future, so when you return the PC date back to current date, the system is 4 days before the .EST validity start date.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 06-23-2015 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #8818
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarini View Post
Hi All.

I have an f30 European car that came with navi professional but with crappy basic sound meaning no tweeters in the doors...

I purchased the BMW Alpine HIFI upgrade kit with 2 tweeters 2 midrange speakers and an amp plus ordered the 2 door trims that allow mounting the tweeters that cam with the set.

I had the set installed by a local car audio shop they did a very good job. Immediately i have noticed a huge improvement in the sound but had to turn down the bass and treble way low in order not to distort the sound... This is as I read due to the fact that the head unit is set a way to preamp the sound in a way to compensate the lack of tweeters on the standard setup but now when there is an amp connected this would be needed to be recoded.

The manual talks about taking it to Bmw and let them recode it through the ISTA service system but this takes time and I wanted a faster way around this so I presumed it could be done via eSYS.

So I went today to a garage near by where I know they do the coding and the guy asks me so what SA is this system as he told me he can't find it in the menu. The only thing he could select was the HI FI 676 or the HK 688 and something called m performance sound but no Alpine HIFI...

I settled for the HI FI 676 as the HK is surround sound and probably not the right choice... Result is the distorted pre amped head unit setting is now gone and I can put the treble and bass to the mid setting and play the music on a decent volume without the sound being distorted as was the case before but is this it?

Thx Sash
You should leave you factory stereo option alone, but add to FA HO-Word = HIFI, which is the Alpine Retrofit, then VO Code Head Unit and Amp.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 06-23-2015 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 08:47 PM   #8819
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Its the first time I've moved the date forward. I believe I should move the date forward 4 days before I launch the program right?

I've tried rebooting etc and still the same. BTW I'm using Windows 8.1, so not sure if the OS is creating the problem. However, I've read that it works fine for others on Windows 8.1.

Anyway, I'm going to try it on a Windows 7 laptop later tonight and see if I can get it to work.

Any further ideas on correcting this issue is appreciated. Thx!

I've not even gotten this far yet
You should just change PC date, then open the launcher and change car series, then close the launcher and return date back. If that doesn't work for you, you'll be the only one that I know of.

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 11:31 PM   #8820
Cosina22
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
You should just change PC date, then open the launcher and change car series, then close the launcher and return date back. If that doesn't work for you, you'll be the only one that I know of.
Alright, got it working on Windows 7, so I assume it was the Windows 8 problem. One quick question, please excuse my ignorance, as I have a F36, I assume then that I should choose F036 in the Car Series selection, right? Thx
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 01:07 AM   #8821
Lazarini
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F07, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarini View Post
Hi All.

Thx Sash
You should leave you factory stereo option alone, but add to FA HO-Word = HIFI, which is the Alpine Retrofit, then VO Code Head Unit and Amp.
Hi so what u suggest is to go back to the garage ask him to plug in eSYS and:

1. Delete the SA 676
2. Recode back Standard / Basic sound as it was before
3. Add to FA HO-Word = HIFI, which is the Alpine Retrofit, then VO Code Head Unit and Amp

When u say then code HU and Amp u mean when adding the wording on stage 3 above just hit code in eSYS?

Kind regards S.

Last edited by Lazarini; 06-24-2015 at 03:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 06:18 AM   #8822
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Alright, got it working on Windows 7, so I assume it was the Windows 8 problem. One quick question, please excuse my ignorance, as I have a F36, I assume then that I should choose F036 in the Car Series selection, right? Thx
I run Win 8.1 64-Bit, and it works fine.

Yes, you select F36 Car Series.

Appreciate 0