F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > DAMN!New LCI headlights for halogen model
ARMA SPEED

01-27-2018, 04:49 PM   #67
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vooonoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthoms1 View Post
I noticed that. It has to be able to be adjusted. I’ll play with it another day.
I spent a day and a half playing with it. You'll notice you cannot adjust the aftermarket headlights like you can the OEM, there's more play on the oem allowing you to adjust them to get the bumper perfect.... let me know if you can though. I gave up after a day and half lol
Are you still using stock bulbs in your halogens?

Wondering if anyone has tried aftermarket bulbs. Other than the cool factor of the halo's... one of the reasons Im looking at upgrading from the stock halogens is better visibility at night.

Not sure if there are "better, brighter" bulbs than stock. Definitely dont want to have anything blue or colored looking. Just bright white.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #68
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post

Wondering if anyone has tried aftermarket bulbs. Other than the cool factor of the halo's... one of the reasons Im looking at upgrading from the stock halogens is better visibility at night.

Not sure if there are "better, brighter" bulbs than stock. Definitely dont want to have anything blue or colored looking. Just bright white.
I have the silverstars in but I'm planning on doing this.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1377259

Putting LED bulbs in where the halogens go, He said he noticed they're twice as bright as the stock ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 08:08 AM   #69
jthoms1
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
I have the silverstars in but I'm planning on doing this.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1377259

Putting LED bulbs in where the halogens go, He said he noticed they're twice as bright as the stock ones.
These eBay lights come with the bulbs installed. I think they’re LED.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #70
Bl33p
BMW Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport

I wish the high beam was a projector as well. Not a reflector.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 04:32 PM   #71
LAF30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

When the headlights are on as driving lights are the orange lego blocks engaged? Or do you have to code to turn them off?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 08:24 PM   #72
jthoms1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF30 View Post
When the headlights are on as driving lights are the orange lego blocks engaged? Or do you have to code to turn them off?
Orange blocks are off...I suppose you could code them on.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:32 PM   #73
LAF30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

I'm thinking about getting these or the spyder auto ones because the halogen headlights just aren't bright enough in the canyons for me. does anyone have an installation advice?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 09:53 PM   #74
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post

I swapped my bulbs to whiter halogens on my DEPO swaps.. Bad choice, look great, but visibility sucks. Put HIDs in the projectors and LEDs in the reflectors.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:42 AM   #75
jthoms1
Rep

Two week update - lights are great so far. Way brighter than the stock halogens obviously. Angel eyes look great. No issues so far. I’ve had cars with brighter lights. I would give these an 8/10 rating.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 11:18 AM   #76
jmichaelh7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black bmw

These are nice. I have the Depot would consider trying these but the amber corner are not even close to oem
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #77
J.Rizo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey, 328i, 6MT

I installed mine and I'm having two issues.

tldr: 1) halos wont run as DRLs 2) cant find how to adjust beam?

1) The halos wont run independently from the low beams as DRLs. The pair (halos/low beams) is either on or off. When I set my lights to auto or parking lights etc, nothing happens. I have to turn my light dial all the way to the right and then the pair comes on. The halos don't even turn on with the welcome lights as my halogens did when I unlock my car. In the pictures in this thread I noticed the low beams were on in all pics that also had the halos on. Hoping I don't have to go get them wired/coded just to have such basic functions. Anybody else have this issue?

2) As previously mentioned, there doesn't appear to be a way to adjust the height of the beams. There are some screws that hold in the smaller low beam and high beam housing, I'm wondering if adjusting those will adjust the beam at all? I've tried contacting DNA (the seller) but they're impossible to reach. However when I went in person to pick them up the entire staff was completely incompetent, so I doubt they'd be any help even if I got a hold of them.

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

P.S other than my issues I can also attest to the initial quality of the lights. They look and feel very solid. When installed the corner lights look extremely modern and visually fit very well imo. I'll update with pictures as soon as I solve these two annoying issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #78
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Rizo View Post

1) The halos wont run independently from the low beams as DRLs. The pair (halos/low beams) is either on or off. When I set my lights to auto or parking lights etc, nothing happens. I have to turn my light dial all the way to the right and then the pair comes on. The halos don't even turn on with the welcome lights as my halogens did when I unlock my car. In the pictures in this thread I noticed the low beams were on in all pics that also had the halos on. Hoping I don't have to go get them wired/coded just to have such basic functions. Anybody else have this issue?

2) As previously mentioned, there doesn't appear to be a way to adjust the height of the beams. There are some screws that hold in the smaller low beam and high beam housing, I'm wondering if adjusting those will adjust the beam at all? I've tried contacting DNA (the seller) but they're impossible to reach. However when I went in person to pick them up the entire staff was completely incompetent, so I doubt they'd be any help even if I got a hold of them.

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

P.S other than my issues I can also attest to the initial quality of the lights. They look and feel very solid. When installed the corner lights look extremely modern and visually fit very well imo. I'll update with pictures as soon as I solve these two annoying issues.
I don't have these lights, but there should be at least two screws to adjust it horizontally and vertically. I know the DEPO ones have them. As for the DRLs, do you have it enabled in iDrive?

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #79
J.Rizo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
I don't have these lights, but there should be at least two screws to adjust it horizontally and vertically. I know the DEPO ones have them. As for the DRLs, do you have it enabled in iDrive?
They SHOULD but I'm just not seeing them. I know what they typically look like and where they typically are but like I said I was looking at them last night and I couldn't find any screws.

HOWEVER! For the DRLs you might've saved me! I typically have it set in iDrive buuuuuut my car was recently at a body shop (car accident) and the battery had clearly died at some point when I got it back (date and time wasn't set) so maybe some of the settings including the DRLs got reset when it died.

Thanks so much man! Such a simple thing I didn't think to check, hopefully that solves that issue. I'll update when I pick my car up from the dealer tonight.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #80
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
They SHOULD but I'm just not seeing them. I know what they typically look like and where they typically are but like I said I was looking at them last night and I couldn't find any screws.

HOWEVER! For the DRLs you might've saved me! I typically have it set in iDrive buuuuuut my car was recently at a body shop (car accident) and the battery had clearly died at some point when I got it back (date and time wasn't set) so maybe some of the settings including the DRLs got reset when it died.

Thanks so much man! Such a simple thing I didn't think to check, hopefully that solves that issue. I'll update when I pick my car up from the dealer tonight.
Yeah, I'm looking at them and can't see where they would be. DEPO ones have these big knobs up top lol.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:22 PM   #81
brh189
Private
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:

where the red circle and arrow is where you will find the light adjuster for the headlights I believe an 8mm socket will fit or a screwdriver will do the job
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #82
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

did you turn on DRLs in the Idrive menu?

Menu >settings > lighting > check DRL on I believe
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #83
J.Rizo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
As for the DRLs, do you have it enabled in iDrive?
Quote:
did you turn on DRLs in the Idrive menu
Thanks guys! Fixed it as soon as I got in my car. Such an easy thing that didn't cross my mind.

Like I said I had previously had the setting enabled but while my car was at the shop they either let it die or disconnected the battery when they were working on the car which must've wiped some of my settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brh189 View Post
where the red circle and arrow is where you will find the light adjuster for the headlights I believe an 8mm socket will fit or a screwdriver will do the job
and thank you for this! I'll hopefully be adjusting this soon as I don't have any tools with me right now.

Last edited by J.Rizo; 03-20-2018 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #84
illusionx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Xdrive

how are they holding up? is there anything better out? I see allot of LED versions foro 1800 - 2000 range. How do these compare to the other versions.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 08:30 PM   #85
brh189
Private
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionx View Post
how are they holding up? is there anything better out? I see allot of LED versions foro 1800 - 2000 range. How do these compare to the other versions.
my headlights are holding up perfect with no issues at all
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #86
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Anyone know when the black version will be back in stock?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #87
TXDaddy
Joint Chiefer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i XDrive

So the yellow strip above the lamps, is it an extension of the turn signal? Love to see more pics with turns on and halos as only drl etc.

Last edited by TXDaddy; 04-11-2018 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #88
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I pulled the trigger on these as well and il probably be installing them next weekend. Im replacing 1700$ umnitza led lights that went bad after a year....so hopefully these last a bit longer.
Appreciate 0