F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 328i F30 Battery Charging Issues
ARMA SPEED

01-28-2021, 01:26 PM   #1
jonnybthegoalie
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive 6MT

328i F30 Battery Charging Issues

Hi, I've been doing some digging but I can't seem to find anyone with anything similar to me, so if anyone has suggestions please help! I apologize in advance for this being long.

Anyway, about two months back I bought a used 2014 328i F30 ~92k miles that was in a small crash. Seat and curtain airbags went off, replaced those along with the fender, hood, and headlight. Now that it's roadworthy again I want to start driving it. However, the stupid thing won't turn on, unless jumped. I had it sit on a charger overnight, come out in the morning and it says the battery is fully charged. Still nothing... So I put in the battery from my daily ('11 E90) same size H8 AGM 900CCA and registered it as new via Carly. Still won't start unless jumped. While running after about two minutes iDrive says there is a charging malfunction. So I pull out my multimeter and connect it to the battery terminals, ~11.9V. Just out of curiosity I tested the volts in the engine bay from the jump post to a body ground, ~14.6V... I've scanned the car using Carly and nothing definitive shows up, mostly just the codes for everything receiving low voltage. Does anyone have ideas? I've done hours of searching through google and forums and nothing. Thanks!
Appreciate 0