F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Anyone else waiting on MORR to ship their wheels
Extreme Powerhouse

04-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #23
WPGM5
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

To give an idea of timeline, I can advise all of you that I ordered mine on January 29th. I heard from Andy on March 13th that my wheels where going through machining at that time, from there they would go to finish, and then get QC'd and packaged for shipment. I still have not received notice that they have shipped (10 weeks and counting).

I can understand that they had an increase in orders, and even that they had a shortage of raw materials over the winter, but if the wheels were being machined a month ago, what is the hold-up? Does it take that long to have them finished and QC'd? I believe that the finish I selected requires more time because they outsource the brushed tinted finishing, but still!
      04-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #24
SwnSng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport - 6MT - GS

Did you guys pay the money in FULL? If so, that's pretty shady. Hope it was deposit based.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #25
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwnSng View Post
Did you guys pay the money in FULL? If so, that's pretty shady. Hope it was deposit based.
Yup it was deposit based. I paid 50% up front.
      04-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Yup it was deposit based. I paid 50% up front.
Same for me. Although, since I was ordering tires and tpms, I ended up paying for 50% of that too. I should've objected on that part, but I really didn't think they would take this long and not be an issue.

I may feel differently when I get the wheels and magically think the total lack of customer service and utterly ridiculous wait without honest updates, but as of right now I would not recommend them to anyone solely based on customer service.

I work for an international multi billion dollar corporation and if even our smallest customers were treated like this someone would get fired.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #27
NICKTENN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle
I work for an international multi billion dollar corporation and if even our smallest customers were treated like this someone would get fired.
Hmmm FedEx would be my guess...

2012 335i Sport Line, RIP
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #28
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Same for me. Although, since I was ordering tires and tpms, I ended up paying for 50% of that too. I should've objected on that part, but I really didn't think they would take this long and not be an issue.

I may feel differently when I get the wheels and magically think the total lack of customer service and utterly ridiculous wait without honest updates, but as of right now I would not recommend them to anyone solely based on customer service.

... I own a small business, and replying to your customers is step 1. I like their wheels, love em in fact, but so far kind of turned off on service.
      04-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #29
matt1034
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i, E92 M3, F10 528i

I also put up a 50% deposit. I am strongly considering to cancel my order or simply sell the wheels upon arrival at this point, simply to prove a point. I requested that my wheels be expedited upon completion considering the delay and was told "No".

Someone at MORR really needs to jump on this thread and soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #30
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1034 View Post
I also put up a 50% deposit. I am strongly considering to cancel my order or simply sell the wheels upon arrival at this point, simply to prove a point. I requested that my wheels be expedited upon completion considering the delay and was told "No".

Since it's tough to get in touch with the retailers or Morr directly, I posted a comment on their quite active instagram page. I posed the question wondering if they were having delays in production. The response I got was to contact my retailer and they would have an ETA for me.

The guys posting pictures of their wheels on social media are fairly responsive, too bad they don't know what's going on with production or aren't willing to acknowledge anything specific.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #31
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
... I own a small business, and replying to your customers is step 1. I like their wheels, love em in fact, but so far kind of turned off on service.
That was kinda my point. It's important for large companies and even more so for small companies when there is so much direct competition in the marketplace.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
matt1034
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Since it's tough to get in touch with the retailers or Morr directly, I posted a comment on their quite active instagram page. I posed the question wondering if they were having delays in production. The response I got was to contact my retailer and they would have an ETA for me.

The guys posting pictures of their wheels on social media are fairly responsive, too bad they don't know what's going on with production or aren't willing to acknowledge anything specific.
The retailer i'm dealing with is spot on. Couldn't ask for better service. Unfortunately, they're at the Mercy of the OEM though.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

Classic MORR. They've been operating like this since their inception 6+ years ago.

Fun side story:

I built MORR a new website this past year and they brought in some new "creative director" towards the tail end. They stalled and stalled at getting the content I needed to finish the website until their owner contacted me stating they wouldn't be needing my services any longer because I was taking too long. As a web designer, you can only do so much with the content you are given. So now I've got a custom written website that is 95% done, which I spent 60+ hours on that has no direct use because these guys couldn't get some stuff together to send over to me. I did receive a partial deposit, so it wasn't a total loss, but I'm obviously very disappointed in the way they handled the situation.

Apologies for the OT dirty laundry, but after reading this thread it felt good to get that off my chest. Bottom line: these guys do what they want, how they want to do it.

A screenshot of said website:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #34
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The retailer i'm dealing with is spot on. Couldn't ask for better service. Unfortunately, they're at the Mercy of the OEM though.
What are they telling you on ETA? Obviously, if they even respond to your inquiries that's a huge bonus and something a lot of us aren't even getting, but they're still at the mercy of Morr actually producing the product before they can get it to you.

The retailer I'm working with was specifically recommended by Morr. I googled their location and they're about 10 mins from Morr's actual shop, so I can see why they were recommended. I'd hope that they could just pop in and see what's going on, but they've got cash in hand so not much incentive to do so I suppose.

As far as the website the guy above me mentioned. That's unfortunate. One thing I brought up in one of the original threads that probably got a few of us to order the wheels, was that not having a working website was a bit off this day and age. Andy from Morr said he felt bad about that and there were some delays with the website and they wanted to ensure it was a quality site before they launched it. I thought they mentioned it should be up soon but haven't checked.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #35
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What are they telling you on ETA? Obviously, if they even respond to your inquiries that's a huge bonus and something a lot of us aren't even getting, but they're still at the mercy of Morr actually producing the product before they can get it to you.

The retailer I'm working with was specifically recommended by Morr. I googled their location and they're about 10 mins from Morr's actual shop, so I can see why they were recommended. I'd hope that they could just pop in and see what's going on, but they've got cash in hand so not much incentive to do so I suppose.

As far as the website the guy above me mentioned. That's unfortunate. One thing I brought up in one of the original threads that probably got a few of us to order the wheels, was that not having a working website was a bit off this day and age. Andy from Morr said he felt bad about that and there were some delays with the website and they wanted to ensure it was a quality site before they launched it. I thought they mentioned it should be up soon but haven't checked.
Yeh they're website is launching on June 1st. Looks pretty good TBH.

Reading all your posts really makes me quite disappointed. You guys have been patient but obviously there's a limit to the wait.

I know for a fact the delay is with regards to the sudden increase in orders. I'm sure they're slowly falling behind schedule because of all the orders being placed.

I'm sure we'll soon hear of some expansion news or something.

Either way I'm positive MORR will respond to this thread very soon and shed some light on how much more we're going to wait.

It's only been a couple of weeks since my order so I'm okay but I definitely feel for you guys.

For now, I'm just following their twitter and Instagram and loving the VS8.2 more and more as each day passes by!
      04-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #36
In4mation
Rep
Drives: ///M

I emailed morr wheels in the beginning of March on production leads and they assured me a 3-4 week turn around time. I ordered a set on March 9 and and was told again 3-4 weeks. So on Wednesday April 10 I checked to see how production was going and was told that they are waiting on wheel blanks. They told me that I could expect the wheels the 1st week of May making it a wait time of 8 weeks. After reading about everyone's wait time, I have a hard time believing they will be able to produce the wheels at said time especially with a shortage on material.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #37
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Ordered April 4th/5th. Didn't do it earlier as I had my order in for the HRE P44SC. Managed to get confirmation just end of last week that my order got cancelled with HRE. So immediately ordered the MORR's.

I'm really hoping I get these by May 11th as I have a photoshoot scheduled and can't afford to go there in my winter shoes! LOL

Hopefully it's only a small backlog. They've gotten a great response because of the quality product they're selling.

For those waiting since before February, I'd try emailing Andy once more. He's been super responsive on my end.
Just wonder why you cancelled the order??

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #38
Jackson743
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5

Sorry to crash your party, but as an accountant it sounds more like a liquidity issue, than a shortage of raw materials issue or too much business/growth issue. This is the first I've read this of this issue, but this is a business killer. Before I read this, my impression of top end wheels for F30's were Morr and HRE. I'd never consider a set of Morr's now.

I hate to say this, but I'd worry about getting deposits back if you guys decide to cancel your orders. If your deposits are returned forthwith and without too much hassle & drama, it probably is the company dealing with too many orders they are having trouble fulfilling.

The Morr's are beautiful, but my question is why don't you guys just go buy HRE's now? HRE certainly has higher brand awareness. I thought the prices were comparable. When you buy something this expensive, price isn't the only thing. High end customers and clients deserve top-notch CS.

My European Delivery Thread http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807429
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #39
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Oh, wow, I wanted a set of Morrs really badly but this makes me sad.
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #40
matt1034
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Does anyone know the lead-time for a set of HRE's?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #41
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1034
Does anyone know the lead-time for a set of HRE's?
6-8 weeks...
      04-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #42
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by In4mation View Post
I emailed morr wheels in the beginning of March on production leads and they assured me a 3-4 week turn around time. I ordered a set on March 9 and and was told again 3-4 weeks. So on Wednesday April 10 I checked to see how production was going and was told that they are waiting on wheel blanks. They told me that I could expect the wheels the 1st week of May making it a wait time of 8 weeks. After reading about everyone's wait time, I have a hard time believing they will be able to produce the wheels at said time especially with a shortage on material.
Are you speaking with a Morr representative directly or are you referring to your dealer who sells the wheels? Every time I go to Morr they tell me they can't provide information regarding my order and that I should contact the dealer.

Coincidentally, my retailer told me that my order on March 13 got me just behind the previous production. Not sure what that makes you fall under. It seems like they wait a set period of time then start ordering raw matierals to produce the wheels for whatever orders came in during that time. Makes me think that a flood of people will get their wheels within a short time period.

I'm back to my earlier question, does anyone know someone who ordered wheels in the last 2-3 months who had received their wheels? Andy at Morr was quoted as saying 4 weeks as the order turn around time a couple months ago when someone said 8 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #43
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson743 View Post
Sorry to crash your party, but as an accountant it sounds more like a liquidity issue, than a shortage of raw materials issue or too much business/growth issue. This is the first I've read this of this issue, but this is a business killer. Before I read this, my impression of top end wheels for F30's were Morr and HRE. I'd never consider a set of Morr's now.

I hate to say this, but I'd worry about getting deposits back if you guys decide to cancel your orders. If your deposits are returned forthwith and without too much hassle & drama, it probably is the company dealing with too many orders they are having trouble fulfilling.

The Morr's are beautiful, but my question is why don't you guys just go buy HRE's now? HRE certainly has higher brand awareness. I thought the prices were comparable. When you buy something this expensive, price isn't the only thing. High end customers and clients deserve top-notch CS.
I concur, these wheels aren't cheap. I think they're just overextended with a flood of new orders. That doesn't excuse the terrible customer service they and their retailers have been providing people who are spending an upwards of over $5,000 if they're ordering tires with the wheels.

If I don't hear something positive soon I'm going to look into getting my deposit back and canceling my order. I put it on my credit card and the bill just came in...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #44
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib
Quote:
Ordered April 4th/5th. Didn't do it earlier as I had my order in for the HRE P44SC. Managed to get confirmation just end of last week that my order got cancelled with HRE. So immediately ordered the MORR's.

I'm really hoping I get these by May 11th as I have a photoshoot scheduled and can't afford to go there in my winter shoes! LOL

Hopefully it's only a small backlog. They've gotten a great response because of the quality product they're selling.

For those waiting since before February, I'd try emailing Andy once more. He's been super responsive on my end.
Just wonder why you cancelled the order??
Just a change of mind.

I'm saving upwards of $3000 by going with the MORR's so this leaves me with some cash for the M Performance Brakes/PPK I wanted to order!