F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Alufelgen wheels and my build
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Medal
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Alufelgen wheels and my build



Waiting for me to come home to this weekend! I will be picking it up with the following already on:

M-Perf PPK
M-Perf Polished Black Grills
M-Perf Manual Pedals
M-Perf Floor Mats
M-Perf Exhaust
M-Perf Shift Knob w/alcantara boot
M-Perf Parking Brake (alcantara and cf)
M-Perf Interior trim (alcantara and cf)
M-Perf Trunk spoiler painted BSM

I will be using the stock 19's as winter set up, even swap the stock tires for a set of bridgestone blizzacks. My girl just sent me these pics of my wheels that arrived yesterday - Alufelgen SF-71 custom power coated gunmetal 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear with Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I included two pics of the wheels because you can see a shade difference when there is more or less light. Also, **********s did not have the stock gunmetal alufelgens' but offered to power coat a set of hyper blacks they had at no cost so i took them up on that offer (i guess they received a set of hyper blacks that the colors where uneven and did not match and this is the way they are getting rid of that inventory). So just FYI, my gunmetal wheels are a different (from what I can tell darker) gunmetal than just the standard gunmetal offered by alufelgen. Finally, the set of oem center caps i will use so i dont have to keep switching caps from winter to summer set ups
Attached Images
    

Last edited by Medal; 05-06-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
dcg71
Captain
Australia
51
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: F15 X5 25d / Ducati Monster
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (2)

Nice car and some nice add-ons. That shade of gunmetal should work pretty well on a black car.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
f1rst 1
Lieutenant
f1rst 1's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
455
Posts

Drives: '09 Cayman S
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver

iTrader: (1)

those will look great...I'm taking delivery of my eb f30 this week and have satin black SF-71's to mount....can't wait.
__________________
Current: 2009 Cayman S
Former:

2013 BMW 335i XDrive M Sport 6spd:::::Cobb Tuned '09 135i
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
CoolDude196
.
CoolDude196's Avatar
England
24
Rep
617
Posts

Drives: f30 20d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Can't wait to see some pictures of the finished product!
__________________
AW Sport 20d, 2tb, 552, lc, 397 plus others
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
Medal
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg71 View Post
Nice car and some nice add-ons. That shade of gunmetal should work pretty well on a black car.
Thanks, my thoughts exactly and we will see this Saturday!


Quote:
Originally Posted by f1rst 1 View Post
those will look great...I'm taking delivery of my eb f30 this week and have satin black SF-71's to mount....can't wait.
Sweet and congrats! Share pics, I'd love to these wheels in satin black and on a eb!


Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196 View Post
Can't wait to see some pictures of the finished product!
That makes two of us!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #6
Jaguar
Mark 42
Jaguar's Avatar
95
Rep
489
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: May 2013
Location: X

iTrader: (0)

Looking forward to seeing the build! Here is Tredirtyfive's car, same wheels but these are the standard gunmetal finish:



Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
Medal
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List


Quote:
Originally Posted by starkindustries View Post
Looking forward to seeing the build! Here is Tredirtyfive's car, same wheels but these are the standard gunmetal finish
Ya I saw his and love it! Only difference is I did polished black grills and no bodykit (except spoiler)....but i did get the interior so mine should be a little unique!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
metrickid's Avatar
Netherlands
2929
Rep
4,230
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Autobahn

iTrader: (0)

No HRE's?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Maz335i's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
3,363
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
No HRE's?
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
Jaguar
Mark 42
Jaguar's Avatar
95
Rep
489
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: May 2013
Location: X

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post




Ya I saw his and love it! Only difference is I did polished black grills and no bodykit (except spoiler)....but i did get the interior so mine should be a little unique!
Oh awesome! I want the interior really bad!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
Medal
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
No HRE's?
Nope i did a tire swap with my dealer....they took stock summers and traded me for a set of winters....so that meant i needed to have wheels ready to go on when i take delivery (this sat) so they can immediately take the stock summers off without use....the hre's wouldnt have arrived in time so it wasnt an option right now. i think these look great though and after i do coilover's (when they make some for xdrive ) then i'll save again for hre's

Last edited by Medal; 05-07-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
arok
Captain
27
Rep
987
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (1)

any rubbing issues with those wheels/tires?
__________________
2013 BMW 335i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Medal
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arok View Post
any rubbing issues with those wheels/tires?
Not rubbing but offset issue...waiting on front wheel spacers and a new rear left wheel:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839320
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
F30form
Private First Class
17
Rep
195
Posts

Drives: '13 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

It's funny when you guys mention these threads as "builds". Putting wheels on a car is not a build. Stripping a car down to the chassis and putting in a new motor/suspension/etc - That is a build.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
1164
Rep
2,284
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30form View Post
It's funny when you guys mention these threads as "builds". Putting wheels on a car is not a build. Stripping a car down to the chassis and putting in a new motor/suspension/etc - That is a build.
I think if you read it, he's referring to the large range of options he had put on it, not just the wheels. It's not stripping it back to bare metal, but it's not as basic as putting wheels on either.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #16
F30form
Private First Class
17
Rep
195
Posts

Drives: '13 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I think if you read it, he's referring to the large range of options he had put on it, not just the wheels. It's not stripping it back to bare metal, but it's not as basic as putting wheels on either.
Yeah, I heard those shift knobs take like 8 hours to install.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #17
momo3605
Major
97
Rep
1,091
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (2)

How's the installation of the rear diffuser? Is it easy to DIY or how much would a shop take for it in terms of labor hours? Doesn't seem like it would be more than an hour though
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
Jaguar
Mark 42
Jaguar's Avatar
95
Rep
489
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: May 2013
Location: X

iTrader: (0)

Diffuser is a 5 minute job
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #19
Medal
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605 View Post
How's the installation of the rear diffuser? Is it easy to DIY or how much would a shop take for it in terms of labor hours? Doesn't seem like it would be more than an hour though
Ya i would go off of what others say here...i didn't do the diffuser. All the m parts I did where interior specific other than the m perf exhaust, grills, and PPK.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #20
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
1164
Rep
2,284
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30form View Post
Yeah, I heard those shift knobs take like 8 hours to install.
Tell me about it - took me ages to get the emergency brake handle on mine
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #21
Pandi
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: A6
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Debadge.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #22
pkancel
Lieutenant
pkancel's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: G30-Msport,435iGC, Audi A3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mission Viejo

iTrader: (1)

Rear Diffuser

More important question, where did you guys get that rear diffuser, especially the one your friend has since his car is a 328?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post


Waiting for me to come home to this weekend! I will be picking it up with the following already on:

M-Perf PPK
M-Perf Polished Black Grills
M-Perf Manual Pedals
M-Perf Floor Mats
M-Perf Exhaust
M-Perf Shift Knob w/alcantara boot
M-Perf Parking Brake (alcantara and cf)
M-Perf Interior trim (alcantara and cf)
M-Perf Trunk spoiler painted BSM

I will be using the stock 19's as winter set up, even swap the stock tires for a set of bridgestone blizzacks. My girl just sent me these pics of my wheels that arrived yesterday - Alufelgen SF-71 custom power coated gunmetal 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear with Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I included two pics of the wheels because you can see a shade difference when there is more or less light. Also, **********s did not have the stock gunmetal alufelgens' but offered to power coat a set of hyper blacks they had at no cost so i took them up on that offer (i guess they received a set of hyper blacks that the colors where uneven and did not match and this is the way they are getting rid of that inventory). So just FYI, my gunmetal wheels are a different (from what I can tell darker) gunmetal than just the standard gunmetal offered by alufelgen. Finally, the set of oem center caps i will use so i dont have to keep switching caps from winter to summer set ups
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST