F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Saddle brown leather, EBII - what trim to change to?
GetBMWParts

05-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
CoopersF15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e Performance

Saddle brown leather, EBII - what trim to change to?

Per title I have saddle brown on Estoril Blue M Sport- the trim is the faux wood finish -anthracite wood I think? I really dislike that

I'd have gone for the M Performance carbon and alcantara interior but I really don't think that would work with brown leather (would love to be proven wrong on that!)

Aluminum hex is off the table too - never liked that.

Anyone have alternative suggestions? Pictures? Brushed aluminum maybe? Vinyl wrap of some sort?
      05-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
brushed aluminum is classic and you really can't go wrong. Carbon Fiber is a good choice too. Gloss black is nice, but scratch prone.

If you wrap, you have the world of options open to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

We have burled walnut with the saddle and it looks really really nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #4
CoopersF15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e Performance

The burl walnut is not my cup of tea unfortunately- it reminds me of old Rovers and Jags that men with flat caps drove...not meaning any offense!!

Re the brushed metal - I was hunting out pics last night and I'm very torn on it- same with straight carbon fiber. I think though there is only a carbon option for the F30 is with the alcantara mix for the dash piece, correct? Haven't seen any pics with that, I'm not certain the black alcantara would work with saddle brown leather.

Just carbon with no other material might just work with perhaps the metal flash my car has now. I think that means wrapping the current trim to achieve it as there aren't OEM kits that are just carbon.

I've only seen one pic with carbon and saddle, it was a door and center console and again I was torn. Need to see the combo in real life I think.

Piano black or gloss black could be really nice - modern feeling and retains some sporty feeing in the interior, whilst matching the black out of the trim on the outside...any one know the part numbers for the kits I can research pricing?

The refresh just announced in Europe (see the trending posts in the forum) seems to have some very interesting interior options though - like an open pore natural wood with saddle brown, which looks brilliant...a pearl gloss silver too. Problem is going to be sourcing the pieces. I'm going to the U.K. In a month maybe I can order from a dealer there and ship it back.
      05-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #5
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Brushed alum is best match for saddle. The woods just never look right too me. I have motego/saddle/aluminum and always get compliments (e92 in my sig). I could imagine piano gloss black possibly, but alum is can't miss.

Glossy cf might be ok also.
2022 G80 comp X-drive:San Marino Blue/ Silverstone, 826 bicolor, cf roof; exec pkg; shadow lasers; carbon pack; MSS HAS; spacers (15/12); Burger intakes; Unit17 front lip/CS Style spoiler; TLG flappies; full xpel ppf + 15% tint; AWE switchpath exhaust w/mid-pipes; csl strut brace; Eventuri cf engine cover
Gone: 2020 M340i; 2017 F30 340i; 2008 e92 335
Appreciate 0