F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2016 4 series navigation and iDrive
ARMA SPEED

06-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
JoeKixxon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange on Black

2016 4 series navigation and iDrive

I've been searching this and have not found the info, so here goes...

Does the new 2016 4 series (I'm looking at 453i GC) have the new nav and iDrive (even though it's not LCI)? I know it's updated on the 3 series LCI.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
vince88
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Xdrive Sports

what do you mean by "new nav and iDrive"?
      06-12-2015, 05:31 AM   #3
mackannn
Rep
Drives: Bmw 428ix 2015 - Bmw 120d 2013

Yes it does have it if the car i produced Juli 2015 or later.
(Faster cpu, 4g internet, less bezel around screen, automatic nav update (no more cd or usb install))
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

the system is still NBT, just updated
      06-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #5
mackannn
Rep
Drives: Bmw 428ix 2015 - Bmw 120d 2013

Navigation system Professional and navigation system Business now include map updating.

A generation change in the comfort options available for the BMW 3 Series and the BMW 4 Series also effectuates a targeted increase in driving pleasure. The current version of the navigation system Professional is characterised by refined graphics and enhanced computing performance as well as the exceptionally high- quality design of the 8.8-inch onboard monitor with larger glass surface and a slim surround. Furthermore, the new navigation system Professional offers an innovative option for map updating. New navigation data is transmitted into the car per mobile communication via the SIM card that is permanently integrated into the vehicle – without the need for external data carriers and a manual installation. As a result, comfort and reliability of the routing function are further enhanced. The system updates its navigation data up to four times a year when a new map version becomes available. This service is provided to the user free of licence fees and transmission costs within the first three years after first registration.

Furthermore, the functional range of the navigation system Business is to be extended as from July 2015. Customers with vehicles equipped with this option can obtain the map update – likewise without licence fees and within the first three years after first registration – from BMW dealers or BMW branches respectively. Alternatively, it is possible to download the current data from the BMW ConnectedDrive Store on the Internet and then transfer it to the vehicle’s navigation system via USB stick. In conjunction with the navigation system Business, the display of sport modes on the control monitor will be possible. In the SPORT mode of the Driving Experience Control function, it will be possible to display graphics providing information on the current engine performance and torque data.
Appreciate 0