F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Priority 1 Option or Demise of the lines?
proTUNING Freaks

11-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Priority 1 Option or Demise of the lines?

Are there any hidden options that only dealers can spec on a 335i?

Reason being... back in the day you could order Lemon Interior leather, a higher range sound system and other rarities that were never published on a website or brochure.

If opting for a luxury package, maybe the factory could allow sport seats for the added cost like Europe.

I read the forum and from time to time people are yearning for a return to a regularly equipped car that gives you the option of a saddle interior on a sport or base car. People want sport seats and a regular sport package again. People in general are settling for a package since there are nice things about each.

I for one have not warmed up to the red stitching on the sportline. Love the exterior. Love the car really. So whats the deal... in 2014 if all the lines vanished and we had a sport pack, luxury pack, modern pack and m sport pack to click with our choice of interior, would the BMW world cease to exist? Its madness... and I think its come to the attention of many that the F30 might be the best 3 series ever built. And the worst custom optioned 3 series to date. How the heck did this happen? And why on earth can't you get a saddle or oyster interior on a sports model???

Last edited by JK479; 11-30-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

I've never heard of this happening on the F30. But you can ask your CA, just to be certain.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I've never heard of this happening on the F30. But you can ask your CA, just to be certain.
Is there a CA on the forum? Or there any codes to click in? A local CA once told me the codes to add things like custom colors are not advertised even to the salespeople... Yet you click them and the appear on builds.

Seems like the M sport wheel is one... its being added... if you equip a gray interior sportline... with an M sport wheel... no more red stitching...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
akamomo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3355 View Post

Reason being... back in the day you could order Lemon Interior leather, a higher range sound system and other rarities that were never published on a website or brochure.

If opting for a luxury package, maybe the factory could allow sport seats for the added cost like Europe.

I read the forum and from time to time people are yearning for a return to a regularly equipped car that gives you the option of a saddle interior on a sport or base car. People want sport seats and a regular sport package again. People in general are settling for a package since there are nice things about each.

I for one have not warmed up to the red stitching on the sportline. Love the exterior. Love the car really. So whats the deal... in 2014 if all the lines vanished and we had a sport pack, luxury pack, modern pack and m sport pack to click with our choice of interior, would the BMW world cease to exist? Its madness... and I think its come to the attention of many that the F30 might be the best 3 series ever build. And the worst optioned 3 series to date. How the heck did this happen? And why on earth can't you get a saddle or oyster interior on a sports model???
Couldn't agree more. I'd pay $500-$1000 even to just unlock all the can't get this-with-this stuff. Dakota Beige only with M, no Adaptive Cruise with M (in the US, its avail in EU), a blue key on M even if I delete that stripe but I can only get black highlights with Aluminum... argh.

Working through that maze was a killer and ended up in me having to choose between an option I really wanted and some cosmetics I wanted. Ultimately ordering a car and choosing the cosmetics ends up being like picking the lesser of an evil instead of getting the perfect car.

I get it when working with dealer inventory but if I order something from the factory can't I just order it (with limits of course, but not bundled X-Y-Z)? If I am killing efficiencies by doing so then charge me and I have the option to pay if its worth it or go with the value meal. It seems the only pay to unlock is going Individual and that seems to be a massive bump for again a few variants (and I don't think available either in the US yet, or just barely).
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Is there a CA on the forum? Or there any codes to click in? A local CA once told me the codes to add things like custom colors are not advertised even to the salespeople... Yet you click them and the appear on builds.

Seems like the M sport wheel is one... its being added... if you equip a gray interior sportline... with an M sport wheel... no more red stitching...
This guy is a CA: http://www.f30post.com/forums/member.php?u=159668
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
akamomo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Anyone do this? Cost?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

I'd love to get a sunroof-delete option, like Audi has on the Q5. It's $1000 pure profit for the mfr because they don't refund you the difference anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
I'd love to get a sunroof-delete option, like Audi has on the Q5. It's $1000 pure profit for the mfr because they don't refund you the difference anyway.
true! if its an extra cost to manufacture. charge the client!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamomo
Quote:

I for one have not warmed up to the red stitching on the sportline. Love the exterior. Love the car really. So whats the deal... in 2014 if all the lines vanished and we had a sport pack, luxury pack, modern pack and m sport pack to click with our choice of interior, would the BMW world cease to exist? Its madness... and I think its come to the attention of many that the F30 might be the best 3 series ever build. And the worst optioned 3 series to date. How the heck did this happen? And why on earth can't you get a saddle or oyster interior on a sports model???
Couldn't agree more. I'd pay $500-$1000 even to just unlock all the can't get this-with-this stuff. Dakota Beige only with M, no Adaptive Cruise with M (in the US, its avail in EU), a blue key on M even if I delete that stripe but I can only get black highlights with Aluminum... argh.

Working through that maze was a killer and ended up in me having to choose between an option I really wanted and some cosmetics I wanted. Ultimately ordering a car and choosing the cosmetics ends up being like picking the lesser of an evil instead of getting the perfect car.

I get it when working with dealer inventory but if I order something from the factory can't I just order it (with limits of course, but not bundled X-Y-Z)? If I am killing efficiencies by doing so then charge me and I have the option to pay if its worth it or go with the value meal. It seems the only pay to unlock is going Individual and that seems to be a massive bump for again a few variants (and I don't think available either in the US yet, or just barely).
I agree 100 percent! Just like manual or automatic... Give us the option on a 328xi. Some will lament this
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
TxAg98
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340ix

Garage List
2020 BMW M340iX  [0.00]
I would gladly pay the $$ to get the saddle interior on my 335i sportline! By far my favorite interior, but couldn't stomach the luxury line to get it
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Quote:

I for one have not warmed up to the red stitching on the sportline. Love the exterior. Love the car really. So whats the deal... in 2014 if all the lines vanished and we had a sport pack, luxury pack, modern pack and m sport pack to click with our choice of interior, would the BMW world cease to exist? Its madness... and I think its come to the attention of many that the F30 might be the best 3 series ever built. And the worst custom optioned 3 series to date. How the heck did this happen? And why on earth can't you get a saddle or oyster interior on a sports model???
I agree with the sentiment (especially on the availability of Saddle or Oyster), but we've got to remember that the forums represent an enthusiastic but very small percentage of the buying public.

For example, if one went according to the forums, one would think that everybody and their grandmother were buying an EBII M-Sport. In reality, I've seen exactly 1 F30 M-sport on the road, whilst no-line cars are becoming pretty commonplace.

It's possible that BMW are reserving some colors or combinations for the LCI or possibly for the F80, but it's also possible that they're simply limiting color permutations because the F30 is BMW's volume car. I mean, look at the plethora of color combos and choices available on the X1!
Appreciate 0