F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Transmission Issue
ARMA SPEED

01-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
MiladsFrozenM5
M5, 335i, Maserati gts, Audi A8L, CLS 63
Rep
Drives: m5

Exclamation Transmission Issue

I bought my car December 3rd its been over a month now and this is what shows up on bmw usa
I thought this was weird that my car has been in order documented for over A MONTH NOW

So i texted my salesman with "where is my car" and he replied with the sports auto transmissions have been over booked since november 3rd thats why my car is taking so long

So basically he told me i wont get my car for another month if im lucky

Has anyone with sport auto transimssion come across this or is my dealer BSing me

i bought:

335i Msport (estoril blue with coral red interior)
sport auto
tech package
DHP
Premium Package
harman kardon

Please someone help this is ridicules and i called BMW relations and they keep on directing me to my dealer because they dont know anything they just filled out a form and put it in my file

thanks to whoever comments on this in advance i need all the help i can get with this shi**y BMW service

NEW PIC*

Last edited by MiladsFrozenM5; 01-11-2013 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: New Pic
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

If you have an order number, you can probably call up another dealership and see if they'll look it up on their BMW database and see exactly what's going on. Give them an incentive by saying that you're considering just buying a diff car from them if this one's gonna take so long.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
MiladsFrozenM5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
If you have an order number, you can probably call up another dealership and see if they'll look it up on their BMW database and see exactly what's going on. Give them an incentive by saying that you're considering just buying a diff car from them if this one's gonna take so long.
interesting i didnt know other dealers can check other cars

thank you ill try this
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

I had a month or so delay on my car too because they ran of N20 28i engines!
Frustrating I know, but patience is requried. Believe me, the wait is worth it

Strange that he says he has an M5 with the same issue - that uses the 7spd M DRIVELOGIC DCT - completely different gearbox to the ZF 8HP used in our F30's.
Maybe ZF has had a fire or fault in their manufacturing plant or something.

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Call BMWna and you can get an update as to vehicle status with production #. Also depending on whether the car is built in Germany or South Africa could be the issue with the timing. SA builds take a very long time especially with 335s. I personally requested a Germany allocation to minimize the wait as much as possible.

Sport auto has nothing to do with delay as its the same equipment as the 8at just with different software and paddles. my guess is the dealer sold you a car and didn't have allocation when you bought it. 335 allocation slots are harder to come by versus 328s and it would seem the dealer is trying to cover their a$$ on this one. Until the status bar shows its in production, you have quite few weeks left unfortunately.

Ask the dealer when the allocation date is and see what they say. Then contact other dealers to see if they have availability any sooner.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Keep driving your frozen m5. I would.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
MiladsFrozenM5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34
Call BMWna and you can get an update as to vehicle status with production #. Also depending on whether the car is built in Germany or South Africa could be the issue with the timing. SA builds take a very long time especially with 335s. I personally requested a Germany allocation to minimize the wait as much as possible.

Sport auto has nothing to do with delay as its the same equipment as the 8at just with different software and paddles. my guess is the dealer sold you a car and didn't have allocation when you bought it. 335 allocation slots are harder to come by versus 328s and it would seem the dealer is trying to cover their a$$ on this one. Until the status bar shows its in production, you have quite few weeks left unfortunately.

Ask the dealer when the allocation date is and see what they say. Then contact other dealers to see if they have availability any sooner.
I know but my car is getting built from Germany that's why this is so weird ! I also called bmw na and they knew as much as I did and they said to talk to m dealer
      01-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
rconti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5 3.5d, Clownshoe, Tesla 3

So glad my job doesn't require me to deal with the general public.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconti View Post
So glad my job doesn't require me to deal with the general public.
Amen!

If you don't have the patience to wait for a custom order, please buy off the lot. Supply chain issues happen ALL the time. Engineering bulletins can hold things up as well (potential issues that are being sorted). Just sit tight and don't bother other dealers unless you intend to cancel this order and buy from them. I can't even imagine that anyone would ever have the nerve to do that.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
jdong
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ActiveHybrid 3

I don't see what anyone did wrong in this case. Your sales rep told you, along with a screenshot for proof, that the car is awaiting production, then told you that it is now in production.

The "Trans." seems to refer to "transmission to AG, pending conf", as in "Transmitting your order to BMW, awaiting confirmation"... it has nothing to do with the transmission in the car.

As jokerswld34 said, it sounds like the dealer didn't have any extra allocations at the time they sold you the order, so they put the car into the system as you ordered it, or shortly thereafter. A lot of those who get their cars faster are working with a dealer that already had a vehicle somewhere in the production pipeline that they changed to your specs.

There's not really any promises as far as arrival times -- only estimates, and this is the way it works for both BMW and Audi. If you're patient and want your car exactly the way you'd like it, this is the way to go. But if you are impatient, consider being willing to compromise and pick a car off the lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep

I think OP's main complaint is that the picture the dealer sent to him is from Nov 2nd, whereas OP didn't even order his car until Dec 3rd, implying that image is from some other car, and not his. This would imply the dealer is jerking him around with false information. OP tried to confront dealer about the time gap, dealer simply said "this is internal information" and fudged it off.

If i was OP I would be upset over such a long delay too.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
jdong
Lieutenant
Rep

Oh, I missed that part. Yeah, that is a bit frustrating. Any particular reason you're continuing to work with this dealer? My understanding is that BMW (at least of NA) has a policy that deposits are always refundable.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Yeah, I missed the date issue as well. Even better, I'd be willing to bet that's actually February 11, not November 2. And I agree with jdong regarding the meaning of "transmission". After further review, I'd say this dealer IS indeed jerking you around and that he's not telling you he doesn't have allocation.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #14
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

The DCSnet screenshot SA sent has NOTHING to do with the cars transmission. Its about transmitting the order to BMWAG (Germany).

Go to stealership and demand they pull up your order in BMW DCSnet system. This will show your production week slot and current status in near realtime. Get a copy of the vehicle inquiry report and make sure it matches the production # they show you in DCSnet and that it also shows Model : 133Q (which means 335i German production) and also shows "Priority 1 - Customer sold" and your name under "customer".

Dealers cannot place orders for cars they don't have allocation for. They either placed an order for a future allocation (and lied to you) or they're hosing you altogether.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #15
MiladsFrozenM5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
The DCSnet screenshot SA sent has NOTHING to do with the cars transmission. Its about transmitting the order to BMWAG (Germany).

Go to stealership and demand they pull up your order in BMW DCSnet system. This will show your production week slot and current status in near realtime. Get a copy of the vehicle inquiry report and make sure it matches the production # they show you in DCSnet and that it also shows Model : 133Q (which means 335i German production) and also shows "Priority 1 - Customer sold" and your name under "customer".

Dealers cannot place orders for cars they don't have allocation for. They either placed an order for a future allocation (and lied to you) or they're hosing you altogether.
So by having the production number means nothing ? The dealer gave me a production number for a car that is going to sit there for months until the dealership gets an allocation???!!! They can do that
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #16
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiladsFrozenM5 View Post
So by having the production number means nothing ? The dealer gave me a production number for a car that is going to sit there for months until the dealership gets an allocation???!!! They can do that
Pretty much. It could be for a car that they have allocation for, just the allocation's say in late Jan or early Feb of 2013. That's why it's important to have them pull up the actual report for you while your their, make sure it's your production number, and check the actual production week listed. It should also show when they actually entered the order into the system.

At this point I'd say get your deposit back and go find another dealer, or off the lot. Did your order form list an expected delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
MiladsFrozenM5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi
Quote:
Pretty much. It could be for a car that they have allocation for, just the allocation's say in late Jan or early Feb of 2013. That's why it's important to have them pull up the actual report for you while your their, make sure it's your production number, and check the actual production week listed. It should also show when they actually entered the order into the system.

At this point I'd say get your deposit back and go find another dealer, or off the lot. Did your order form list an expected delivery date?
Okay I'm going to he dealership today what should I ask for ?! What kind of form ?
      01-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Okay I'm going to he dealership today what should I ask for ?! What kind of form ?
Ask them to pull up your order using your order number on BMW DCSnet on a dealers computer. This will show several things, including the allotted production week and current status of your order. Allotted production week will show when the car is actually scheduled to enter production, regardless of when you ordered. The current status should be self explanatory.

If either of these results turns out to not be to your liking, get a refund on your deposit and walk away.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #19
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

wow, i dont believe that your salesperson lied that obviously to you

it has nothing to do with the transmission you ordered

what he showed you was the order transmission to BMW. he has no confirmation because he has no production allocations, he basically sold you a car that isnt going to be built anytime soon.

dealers do this to take you out of the market, then string you along with lies. he's basically playing you for a fool. he probably didnt realize that the screenshot he sent you had the wrong date on it.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #20
1.fresh.f30.335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xdrive M-Sport

My 2012 335i order was placed last march, the 5th. As of May 1 the car was still showing the same thing as the OP so I called my dealer, they basically told me they were over allocating 3 series and that my car was bumped (each dealer has allocations, when they use their allocations they cannot place anymore orders for that car. They can trade an allocation or just take money and wait until one opens up for the dealer).

Sounds like your dealer took your name, money and lied about the production timeline... They know your committed to the car so it's just that things were "delayed"... The car I ordered would have been bumped to a 2013 had waited...

I was ripped but I took a car that was already here, I wish I had dynamic suspension and BMW apps but the 8 sport AT was a good choice that I wouldn't have if I went with my order.

'14 535i xdrive M-Sport Carbon Black w/Mocha Nappa
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #21
MiladsFrozenM5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC

what he showed you was the order transmission to BMW. he has no confirmation because he has no production allocations, he basically sold you a car that isnt going to be built anytime soon.

dealers do this to take you out of the market, then string you along with lies. he's basically playing you for a fool. he probably didnt realize that the screenshot he sent you had the wrong date on it.
Got the papers
... It says my car won't be here until the end of FUC*kin march so I have to wait four months ...............
      01-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #22
jdong
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiladsFrozenM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC

Got the papers
... It says my car won't be here until the end of FUC*kin march so I have to wait four months ...............
Ouch. Perhaps it's time to visit another dealer?