F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > New NBT firmware: NBTG... rendering Youtube
proTUNING Freaks

09-08-2014, 05:45 AM   #23
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
So how does it enable BMW Internet because I've tried to code it with no success. Although I do not have the ConnectedDrive option. Does this activation module emulate a pre-provisioned NBT VIN number perhaps?
No. It allows you to use whatever VIN you want in Head Unit, which then can be used to provision Internet / BMW Live.

If you have factory Navigation with OEM Activation, you would use it only temporarily for the provisioning and then remove it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #24
spitcool
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

so i have 53.4, but i guess i can get 53.5 (shawn, can you send a link?)

if i flash NBT, do i have to worry about any FSC codes or losing any features? i haven't retrofitted anything or added any codes yet, just some maps.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #25
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitcool View Post
so i have 53.4, but i guess i can get 53.5 (shawn, can you send a link?)

if i flash NBT, do i have to worry about any FSC codes or losing any features? i haven't retrofitted anything or added any codes yet, just some maps.
Flashing will leave the FSC Codes in tact.

PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 06:54 AM   #26
cedchung
Lieutenant
Mauritius
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25, 2014 F30

I have BMW Live and internet but not the youtube option. How is this enabled?
      05-26-2015, 02:53 AM   #27
Makky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F34 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedchung View Post
I have BMW Live and internet but not the youtube option. How is this enabled?
There is no separate "Youtube option".
Just browse to Youtube from the car browser

And also, the newest NBT firmware is "I".
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 09:19 AM   #28
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
So how does it enable BMW Internet because I've tried to code it with no success. Although I do not have the ConnectedDrive option. Does this activation module emulate a pre-provisioned NBT VIN number perhaps?
Do you guys have factory installed NBTs with a connection over TCB or is it retrofitted?

I think the reason why Bimmer-tech is offering the emulator is so you can write another vehicle's VIN to HU_NBT so that it can pass the validation check when you do a BMW Assist update on iDrive. If you tried changing the VIN on your FA and coding HU_NBT, it will fail otherwise.

When I had my F30 with the retrofitted NBT, we changed the VIN on the FA to a vehicle that had 6AK and 6AR active and write wrote this VIN to HU_NBT with options 6AC, 6AE, 6AK, 6AN, 6AP, 6AM and 6AR and also enabled Bluetooth DUN and Bluetooth PAN via FDL coding. When we go to Update BMW Assist under connected drive, Internet and BMW Online would appear and they would work over the tethered Bluetooth Connection. If I do the BMW Assist update with HU_NBT coded with my own VIN, Internet and BMW Online would disappear.

I'm not sure how this will work if you connect an emulator to your factory installed HU_NBT with a TCB connection using a ghost VIN. Does anyone want to try?
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0