F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 M Performance Brakes Detailed. Coming in Red, Orange, Yellow
GetBMWParts

03-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #67
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

The Hyundai has brembos brakes! I dont want to purchase aftermarket brakes that are put on a hyundai, putting high end parts on a baseline japanese car just decreases the value or the willingness of people to want that specific brand. Do the math. I bought the M so I would be driving what everyone else is driving. When I had my 335 I didn't go buy or try to find M logos or M performance parts to somehow transform my car into something it's not. A 328i is a respectable car but your missing the point, adding M parts doesn't make it an M. I think your wrong with the exclusivity part, I don't see very many M's around and I've been all over the country, only idiots trying to make their base model BMW into something it's not which is exactly what BMW is doing by putting M on everything to make people feel good. This BMW marketing scheme just makes me think that there isn't that much more special about an actual M.
2011 E90 JBM ///M3 DCT l Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ Hybrid Exhaust l Vishnu Procede V5 with Meth l l RE Pulleys l Tecnocraft Envy l Arkym CF Diffuser l CF BMW Spoiler l Arkym CF Front Bumper l GB ///M Badge l GB Side Markers l GB Kidney Grills l PSS 275/255/35/19s l VMR VB3s in Hyper Black l CF Steering Wheel Trim l ///M Pedals l Black Tow Hooks l Eibach Springs l GP Thunder Bulbs l IND Key Hole Cover l BMW PSW l Verstrabe Paddles
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #68
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
Your 9k Hyundai brake comment also doesn't seem to make much sense...Last I knew there has been no collaboration between Hyundai and BMW on their braking systems.
I think what he meant was Hyundai can have it as an option (I believe the Genesis can be equipped with a Brembo brake kit), ///M's should have their own kit if anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #69
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
BMW Performance makes drilled rotors for the E90, and I'm fairly certain they also make calipers as well (they're yellow, I believe).
...for some reason I thought these were for the 328 E90x's.. are the Performance brakes an upgrade on the E9x's 335 ? ~Frost
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #70
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA///MES View Post
The Hyundai has brembos brakes! I dont want to purchase aftermarket brakes that are put on a hyundai, putting high end parts on a baseline japanese car just decreases the value or the willingness of people to want that specific brand. Do the math. I bought the M so I would be driving what everyone else is driving. When I had my 335 I didn't go buy or try to find M logos or M performance parts to somehow transform my car into something it's not. A 328i is a respectable car but your missing the point, adding M parts doesn't make it an M. I think your wrong with the exclusivity part, I don't see very many M's around and I've been all over the country, only idiots trying to make their base model BMW into something it's not which is exactly what BMW is doing by putting M on everything to make people feel good. This BMW marketing scheme just makes me think that there isn't that much more special about an actual M.
Elitist ... and not accurate factually ...btw Hyundai is Korean... go buy a 250k Ferrari and cruse South Beach ~Frost
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #71
///MM
Rep
Drives: 335i

I am placing my order in may/june. Do you guys think I can get the color calipers?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #72
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

All I'm asking for is the CRT 6 piston calipers and lightweight brake set-up. Everyone can have whatever brake system they want. BMW, Brembo, Stoptech, AP Racing.

James, I owned four Hyundai's during my time in Korea. They've come a long way and at least have cars that can smoke formerly respectable entry level Japanese imports (Honda, Toyota, and Mitsubishi). The only two Japanese companies make anything worth driving these days are Nissan and Subaru. Of course, all of my Hyundais cost less than $400. One was painted desert camo, one engine seized up, and one caught on fire.

I do see your point though. I think you're trying to say that it's not a big deal that they are Brembo, just that they are upgraded. With the amount of track work we put in, it's tough to justify that much for a BBK, so something in the middle would be nice.
      03-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #73
///MM
Rep
Drives: 335i

Any one can tell me if I will be able to get them if i place the order for a sport 335i in may/june?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #74
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

Frosty,
I'm not an elitist however, regardless of where the Hyundai comes from, I bought the M for performance and because I wanted something different, I've also wanted an M3 since I was about 14 years old. I've got a blue collar job and my M is the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned, not to mention it took two deployments to a shithole to be able to afford the car and all the mods, so spare me the guilt trip!

I think we are deviating from the point that BMW should make these parts avaliable to those who are loyal to their brand and forked out the extra cash solely for the performance. BMW is bastardizing the M reputation by enabling everyone to put these various parts not offered to those who have the car. That's all I'm saying. It would be nice for them to take care of us seeing as how we pend large sums of money to get the maximum potential out of the car. Like Longbow said, the brakes on the CRT would be fine. I'm not trying to put down brembo, they make a great product but putting them on nearly all the Genesis coupes really doesn't appeal to me simply because I am used to seeing brembo on high end cars.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but BMW needs to stop solely thinking about profits and maintain some integrity and loyalty to those who spend the money for the performance rather than just having the look.
2011 E90 JBM ///M3 DCT l Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ Hybrid Exhaust l Vishnu Procede V5 with Meth l l RE Pulleys l Tecnocraft Envy l Arkym CF Diffuser l CF BMW Spoiler l Arkym CF Front Bumper l GB ///M Badge l GB Side Markers l GB Kidney Grills l PSS 275/255/35/19s l VMR VB3s in Hyper Black l CF Steering Wheel Trim l ///M Pedals l Black Tow Hooks l Eibach Springs l GP Thunder Bulbs l IND Key Hole Cover l BMW PSW l Verstrabe Paddles
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #75
lawgone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
I'm with Ja///mes on this one. A regular 3 series should not have better performing or looking brakes than an actual ///M. BMW should get onboard and offer performance upgrades for their real ///M cars before they offer ///M parts to the rest of the fleet. Where's the exclusivity?

Why exactly do you assume that the regular 3 series has better performing and better looking brakes than "an actual ///M".

You don't know what the F80 brakes will look like. So you've made an assumption. Last time I checked BMW's M division has always produced cars that perform better than their non-M counterparts. The F80 has not been released, so you are speculating.

Last time I checked the new M6 has carbon ceramic rotors. There. Now you have exclusivity, better performance, and better looks. In an M.

I swear people do not pay attention to their comments.

Lastly, HOW do you expect BMW to offer ///M upgrades before the non-m when the M models are released AFTER the non-m.

Some people are clueless. Here is a summary for those who are playing along in the real world; BMW has just released a nice, upgraded braking upgrade for non-M cars. Be grateful.
+1. Some of these comments sound like a petulant child upset that another kid got something nicer than them.

M's are still the top of the line for BMW. Much like a manufacture takes some of the technology it uses in its Formula 1 cars and incorporates it into their fleet, BMW is doing the same with its M division and passing SOME tech on down the line. So to the children out there, maybe that will make you feel better...your M is like a Formula 1!
      03-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #76
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

Child? LMFAO! I bought the M, u bought the child!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #77
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Dear BMW,

Thanks for opening the Pandora's box. From now on, it might be better to totally finish with one generation and start the new one later without overlapping models like the E92 and E93 with F30, or 1 series coupe and cabrio with the F20. It's the world of "do you still have an i-phone2?" nowadays. Are you sure you can keep up with that game?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #78
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

4S actually! Lol I'm going back to m3post now. Good luck trying to catch up guys! Keep the faith,
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #79
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
You are the one acting childish, why would you care how exclusive your car is? Do you want to know how exclusive M3s are where I live? There was a 16 year old girl at my high school who had an E93 M3 and another one with a C55 AND a C63.

The M3 is a great car, but why do you care if more people are able to afford and enjoy it? A Ferrari California is way more exclusive than an M3, but I'd much rather own the M3.

I thought the Performance accessories were a great idea, if a little too expensive, but I agree that putting M badges on these parts is stupid.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #80
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

That's great for the 16 year old girl but I pay for mine! If you ever get an M you'll understand!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #81
Tobbep
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
Quote:
You are the one acting childish, why would you care how exclusive your car is? Do you want to know how exclusive M3s are where I live? There was a 16 year old girl at my high school who had an E93 M3 and another one with a C55 AND a C63.

The M3 is a great car, but why do you care if more people are able to afford and enjoy it? A Ferrari California is way more exclusive than an M3, but I'd much rather own the M3.

I thought the Performance accessories were a great idea, if a little too expensive, but I agree that putting M badges on these parts is stupid.
Your example makes no sense at all. Who gives a c*** about who drives what in your neighborhood. That has nothing to do with this topic. I'm not sure why some have such a hard time understanding that there is a hugh difference between a regular BMW 3 series and the M3. I do belive that people who actually appreciate performance will see that difference. Before someone calls me elitist (it seems to be popular word on this forum) I want to make sure that it is known that I worked hard to afford this car, including time in the sandbox. I don't agree with the need for the regular 3 series to add M parts to a non M car. This is definitely sad in my opinion. If you want an M car save up and buy one. If I owned a 3 series I would enjoy it for what it is. I would never start adding M badges to the car and pretend it is something it is not.

2022 BMW X6M Competition
Alpine White/Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #82
AndyGF
Australia
Rep
Drives: 123d

All these M3 whiners & whingers...

All I ever hear from M3 drivers is that their cars 'feel' better than my non-M car does (something I totally agree with I might add)? Now that all of a sudden the F30 drivers can opt for an upgraded brake kit, all of a sudden the M3s brakes are not good enough, and BMW is somehow letting them down???

You know who you people sound like? Frasier Crane, while he had 'gold membership', he tells everyone its THE BEST, but as soon as he finds out there is an exclusive 'platinum membership', then it all of a sudden does not cut it anymore, and he should get it that option for the price he paid...

Grow up people, thats why I dont drive //////M^small cars, anymore...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #83
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

+1
Thank God someone with an M is here to back me and Longbow up! There is zero comparison. I used to think that the M3 and my old 335 were smiliar in some way until I got my M and then it hit me that they are only the same in that they were made by BMW,that's it!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #84
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

Yeah the smartest decision you've ever made was to go back to a non M car! Lmao! Good move! read the thread noob! It's not that thy are not good enough, we would just like a little variety with M performance parts specifically brakes for ACTUAL M cars!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #85
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
What I really want to know now is, how does the "///M Performance" parts compare to "BMW Performance"? I don't see the need for two lines if they both offer similar performance.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #86
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

+1 exactly!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #87
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mazda6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
BMW Performance makes drilled rotors for the E90, and I'm fairly certain they also make calipers as well (they're yellow, I believe).
When I checked BMW Performance, for the 2011 335i e90 I haven't seen them as well as I haven't seen an intake.
2011 335i Sedan M Sport/Le Mans Blue Metallic/Glacier Aluminum Trim/Heated Seats/Premium Package/Black Leather/Ipod Adapter/Paddles/FormulaOne Tint/Matte Black Grilles/AA Signature Exhaust/AA Chargepipe/ Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive [SOLD]

2007 328i Coupe Sport/Matte Black Kidney's/3M Tint----Lemon'ed
[SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #88
AndyGF
Australia
Rep
Drives: 123d

Quote:
+1
Thank God someone with an M is here to back me and Longbow up! There is zero comparison. I used to think that the M3 and my old 335 were smiliar in some way until I got my M and then it hit me that they are only the same in that they were made by BMW,that's it!
Exactly, now that F30 drivers are going to be able to spec some better brakes you wont be able to gloat as hard as you usually do? And that would totally ruin your confidence... Ahh Shame...
Appreciate 0