F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > New Owner - 335i w Tech Package - Questions
Studio RSR

09-25-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
BMRGUY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

New Owner - 335i w Tech Package - Questions

I have a few questions related to the iphone.

I have a iPhone 4S hooked up via Blutooth and USB - I use the USB 99% of the time since it charges my phone.

Questions:

1. I see some use the M Performance Lap Timer App to calculate 0 - 60. When I follow the instructions I do not see M LapTimer in the Vehicle Info screen. The app says a pre-req is the "BMW Apps" option. Is that above and beyond the Nav w/Tech Package?

2. I listen to Pandora all the time. Works generally fine but I have seen posts with some saying its part of the car under BMW Apps in the ConnectDrive screen. This provides tighter integration than just streaming from the USB port. I dont see this. Any advice on getting to a more integrated experience with Pandora?

Any other advice or Tips appreciated on how to further improve the integration between the phone and car.
Thanks
mike
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Have you downloaded and are you running the BMW M Laptimer app on your phone? That should be all you need with the Tech Package.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
BMRGUY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I found out how...

The BMW M Laptime instructions dont work on my 2014 335 tech package which was the last to come off the boat.

You can only access it through the BMW Connected app. Once you install that app on your phone and you connect to the car the BMW M Laptime app, Pandora, etc. (any app that BMW supports ) shows up from the cars console under ConnectedApps.

Pandora works significantly better!!!! I can do ALL functions as if I was in the app.

You can also get facebook, calendar, etc. in this app.

So for anyone else wondering how to get this all working hope this helped.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Oh...yeah that's how mine works. Through the Connected app
Appreciate 0