F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Time from arrival at port in USA to pickup at dealer?
Studio RSR

10-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
cashewnut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive Gran Coupe

Time from arrival at port in USA to pickup at dealer?

I've searched around but curious what people have been seeing lately for timelines? How long from when your boat arrived in the US until pickup at your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
ERudited
Rep
Drives: 2015 MG 428i Coupe

No expert here. But I've read quite a bit about this on the forum. So,... I think it depends on many factors -- which port, what day of the week, how far from dealership, etc. For example, BMW was sharing the VPC with Mercedes in Baltimore until September. With BMW now having their own dedicated site, I would imagine that cars will likely move more quickly from there. Also, I don't think that vehicle processing is done on the weekends. So, if your car arrives on a Thursday or Friday, I would expect a bit of a delay. It would also depend on where your car is in the unloading/processing line, what (if any) repairs/additions need to be made, etc. All of that is written to say,... who knows? From all that I've read, however, the timeline is usually around a week from port to dealer, give or take a couple of days.

I'm as anxious as anyone for a car I ordered in late July. As of last check, the ship with my car (RESOLVE) is approx. 50 miles from Baltimore. Hoping to have my car sometime next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
dc503
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

My car to a DC area sealer came from the old shared Baltimore VPC in 2 days in 2013. My father's car recently came through the Baltimore VPC in June and took 6 days and arrived on a Saturday. While it's now the newer facility, I tend to think the randomness of delivery is hard to predict unless you're an insider.
      10-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
DitDah
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 153Z 335xi

check this thread out: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=645628

From order to delivery at dealer for me...92 days. That's from Munich to Tacoma, Washington.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #5
F36 Pilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i GC

I asked my CA today if ED cars take longer to get to the dealer lots from the port than non-ED cars. His reply is below:

Indeed, absolutely, ED cars take probably 2-3 times as long to arrive at the dealership. A lot has to do with the extra steps involving clearing US Customs (hypothetically could be used from smuggling, etc.).

BMW in all of their published literature suggest 8-10 weeks from drop-off to delivery and this time of year that is pretty accurate.
Appreciate 0