F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Best dealership in Houston?
GetBMWParts

01-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Best dealership in Houston?

Hello all, I'm looking at moving to Houston over the summer and I'm curious on everyone's opinion on the area dealerships for service and maintenance. My car is a 14 328d, so if any of them know how to work on the diesels, that would be great.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

I like Momentum BMW on 59 south. It's about 10 minutes from the Galleria area. Everything they have done for me has been first rate. I've gotten to know the Service manager and others there in the service department. oh and their After sales person is just as fine as she can be.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I bought my car at Momentum on 59, but my service experiences have been pretty bad, especially after warranty expired. I have had better post-warranty service experiences with Momentum West, which is now BMW of West Houston and at a new location near Fry and I-10.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 11:40 PM   #4
JP1200
Rep
Drives: 2012 328

I spent the last couple weeks scouring the Houston dealerships looking for the perfect CPO car and here is what I found. Because I was looking for CPO I don't have much insight on new car sales or service for dealerships.

The only dealership I didn't visit was BMW of Houston North. I had an appointment, but purchased a car a couple days before.

Momentum on 59 - This is a "true price" dealership which means there is no negotiation on price. Maybe you can convince them to throw in some tint or something, but my sales guy didn't seem too interested in dealing at all. I found this to be nice actually, since they had some of the better prices I found and you can see the true price on the website. Momentum is also part of the Sonic Automotive family which means they can pull cars from all over the country if you want.

BMW West on I-10 - Another Sonic Automotive and true price dealer. This one didn't seem to have dedicated pre-owned sales so I worked with a regular sales guy. The building is brand new and really nice. The service waiting area looked pretty awesome, which is good since they have a reputation for being slow. This dealership is closest to my house and probably who I would have chosen if I was looking new or they had what I wanted in a CPO

Advantage Midtown - crappy area. I actually work not too far from there so I knew what to expect, but its still surprising to see the location basically underneath an overpass. The sales guy was a little pushy and copped an attitude on me when I told him I bought somewhere else. A lot of people on forums swear by their service dept., but from a pre-owned sales perspective I would pass.

Advantage Clear Lake - Very similar to Midtown, but with a better location. The sales guy was better and seemed more up-front with me, but I just didn't get the vibe I wanted.

BMW Woodlands - I got my car here. This was the only one I took my wife to and we both really liked it. I always try to use the website to check stock and make appointments. All the dealerships say they will have the car pulled around and ready to go, etc. This was the only one that actually delivered on that. I don't normally buy a car the same day I test drive, but they had a deal that I thought was too good to pass up. Everyone we met was very friendly and helpful, absolutely no pushiness. I don't really know if they will deal or not since I thought the internet price was more than fair.

In the end, Advantage Midtown was the only one that really turned me off. And I will add that if you are looking at CPO there is no time to think about it. The first car I looked at was a stripper 2012 335i Sport Package that sold within a couple hours of my test drive. And that was after I had them take it out of prep for me to even drive it. That happened several time actually, but when you get a shot at a low miles 335 for 31K you gotta take it.
Appreciate 0